PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista

mb-group.net
27-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Hello,

I have the following computer. I was wondering if I could run Windows Vista on the following spec computer:

Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHz
1.5GB RAM
ATI Radeon 9500

Im not interested in running Areo glass, I disable stuff like that.

Help would be great :)

Matt

Lycan
27-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Yes you could run Windows Vista on that

Vista basic would run very happily on it
Vista Home Premium will survive (Main element being Aero)

And you really woudn't need to worry about anything

Bomb-Head
27-09-2008, 08:37 PM
You can use the Upgrade Advisor and it will tell you what version is best for your system :)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

lolwut
05-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Erm, it would. But kinda slowly. I think Microsoft has a recommended minimum RAM of 2GB. (well, Boot Camp on Mac won't run Vista with anything less than 2GB :P)

And why not stay with XP? Lots of people seem to be having problems with Vista. Google agrees.

L?KE
06-10-2008, 05:17 PM
You could run it without aero.

Had this laptop which was 1.4Ghz celeron, 1gb ram and it ran it fine, without any of the flashy stuff of course :P

GommeInc
06-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Erm, it would. But kinda slowly. I think Microsoft has a recommended minimum RAM of 2GB. (well, Boot Camp on Mac won't run Vista with anything less than 2GB :P)

And why not stay with XP? Lots of people seem to be having problems with Vista. Google agrees.
Yeah, but they're usually idiots finding every little thing bad when infact Vista is very reliable and useful. Not saying XP isn't, but when people moan about Vista they're usually following other's like sheep and never actually used it. I find Vista better than XP in every single possible way, it plays all my games, runs faster, is more reliable and has more useful features.

Vista can run on 512MB of RAM with little difficulties, and 1GB is about right. Infact, since SP1 my Vista PC uses less RAM than my XP PC, and I'm running more applications than I did on the XP :/ 2GB is recommended for above average PC users who will be doing gaming, video/photo editing, browsing, listening to music and word processing. 512MB is fine for browsing, IM'ing, watching videos and listening to music, oh and word processing.

Anyway, your computer should be capable of running Vista Home Basic, not sure about Home Premium but Basic should be fine :)

Decode
06-10-2008, 07:24 PM

512MB can run vista... You don't need 2GB

alv4
08-10-2008, 05:54 PM
you can run vista without problems :)

Jordy
08-10-2008, 06:00 PM
512MB can run vista... You don't need 2GBVista HP or Ultimate would be a complete disaster on 512MB of RAM, I'm not even sure if it's possible. Home Basic wouldn't run very well either, that needs at least 1GB to be stable.

Recursion
08-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Actually... you'd be surprised.

L?KE
10-10-2008, 06:53 PM
I had home premium on 512, which i upgraded to 1 gig.

Not much change imo.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!