27-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Lol, when is the run?

Unbilotitled
27-09-2008, 09:43 PM
early october

next weekend

Cisse9
27-09-2008, 09:46 PM
stop smoking and getting running fat boy.

lose them **** :P

No but really,

Wayne
27-09-2008, 09:48 PM
I'd tell you why smoking is bad but you probz wouldn't take any notice. ;)

LouisCollins
27-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Run around whilst smoking lol. I would!

drama
28-09-2008, 07:56 PM
You're not gunna get any better in that short ammount of time, so just face the run haha

28-09-2008, 08:08 PM
fake sick?

Soy
28-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Stop making such a fuss about it

If your not strong enough to stop smoking then don't, shorten your life it's your fault

Excellent2
28-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Joining a gym for 2 weeks will do nothing for you, you're fate is set, deal with it.

CJW93
01-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Just think at the end of the run, you can smoke as much as you want.

Bass.
05-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I would personally stop smoking.

It is really bad for you and makes you smell awful!

There are people in my class at school who smoke and they come into class and reeeeeeeeeek! Its horrible. There finger nails are yellow, then smell and there basically runing there life.

Stop while your at it to be honest. And i'm just saying that because you may ruin the chances of living longer.

Suspective
19-10-2008, 08:04 PM
See A NHS Stop Smoking Advisor or your GP, They will reccomed taking NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy) this consists, of gum, inhalors and patches etc. They may also prescribe Zyban. See Your GP - Book When Your Parent's Don't Know or I would tell them! They maybe able to help you, before your health gets worse....

Cheers - Good Luck,

brandon
19-10-2008, 08:05 PM
How did it go?

:Lively
19-10-2008, 08:33 PM
lol when I saw the title i asumed it would be something along the lines of a homosexual nature. But seriously, lose the ****, people don't say they're bad for u just because their jelous, they kill u in the long run. (hehe unintentional pun)

spareparts
19-10-2008, 08:40 PM
You've heard it all before but smoking is bad but seeing that just doesn't really show how bad it is, there is loads of horrible side effects, you smell like it all the time, your teeth and fingernails become discoloured and it's going to shorten your life and give you a heightened chance of cancer which you don't want. Going cold turkey isn't going to help you at all, you just need to cut down the amount to have everyday until it gets down to pretty much just one or two and then maybe start taking things such as gum/patchs etc.

Hope that helps ya.

whoooosh
19-10-2008, 08:50 PM
people keep going on about smokers stinking all the time and having yellow fingernails
but i smoke regularly and always smoke outside
so i dont smell all the time and i dont have yellow fingernails either so yeah

19-10-2008, 08:54 PM
well u cant say whether u smell or not, and it gets into fabrics i.e ur cloths anyway, and abet ur use nail varnish.

whoooosh
19-10-2008, 08:56 PM
no i cant say whether i smell or not but no one ever says i do
and i dont use nail varnish either

19-10-2008, 09:04 PM
well the amount you smoke will determine whether you experience that, but maybe your friends are just been kind. :P Either that or they're so coated with the odor of tar that they cannot tell.

Minstrels
19-10-2008, 09:05 PM
No reply - I guess he collapsed and died of a heart attack.

R.I.P Thread Starter. :(

Tooplee
19-10-2008, 09:14 PM
people keep going on about smokers stinking all the time and having yellow fingernails
but i smoke regularly and always smoke outside
so i dont smell all the time and i dont have yellow fingernails either so yeah

so?
you still have a damaged lung, who gives a **** about dirty fingernails when it can result in cancer?

le harry
20-10-2008, 01:34 PM
rip.. :(

Suspective
21-10-2008, 05:08 AM
SMOKING KILLS!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44084000/jpg/_44084707_painful.jpg

People who smoke can suffer painful deaths with tumours one of the established risks.

luce
21-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Ouch unlucky considered stopping?

Rozi
21-10-2008, 03:01 PM
SMOKING KILLS!

People who smoke can suffer painful deaths with tumours one of the established risks.

I knew someone who that happened to, but it didn't look like that. He had scars all up his neck, his head was wonky for a year and he was in constant pain, all because of smoking. If you want that carry on smoking or do the sensible thing and gradually cut down on your intake.

drama
21-10-2008, 03:52 PM
SMOKING KILLS!

ok quick thing:

a) let people choose what they want to do in life, if they want to smoke then let it be, don't go around posting vile images, i don't go into the food and drink section and post pictures of morbidly obese people and going: STOP EATING FATTY foods, so dont come into a smoking thread and post **** like that when people can make their own choices.

*Removed*

Text removed by Biohazard (Forum Moderator): Please don't avoid the filter.

Barincles
21-10-2008, 04:01 PM
20 a day? That sure is a lot!

Minstrels
21-10-2008, 04:08 PM
ok quick thing:

a) let people choose what they want to do in life, if they want to smoke then let it be, don't go around posting vile images, i don't go into the food and drink section and post pictures of morbidly obese people and going: STOP EATING FATTY foods, so dont come into a smoking thread and post **** like that when people can make their own choices.

b) gtfo
Couldn't have put it any better. It's our life, we choose our own paths.

Earthquake
21-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Pretend your ill :)!

Anflex
30-10-2008, 01:34 PM
I used to be a social smoker but have now given it up completly. I have the odd one with extremely stressed but thats about it.

My girlfriend smokes loads and I can't stand it. It makes me feel phyiscally ill, sick, headache etc.

As an ex-smoker I can safely say smoking is a disgusting habbit and people should give up and stop pretending to be addicted. As far as my personal experience goes, I was never addicted to smoking. I would only smoke when out and could happily never smoke again.

I know people get stressed out and need a cig, which can help. But the whole addiction thing... pah! If you cant stop smoking, I'd say you are a very weak person.

Just my opinion!

Soy
30-10-2008, 01:45 PM
His fault

He doesn't deserve my sympathy

just because it was insufficient for him to quit

drama
07-12-2008, 09:48 PM
I used to be a social smoker but have now given it up completly. I have the odd one with extremely stressed but thats about it.

My girlfriend smokes loads and I can't stand it. It makes me feel phyiscally ill, sick, headache etc.

As an ex-smoker I can safely say smoking is a disgusting habbit and people should give up and stop pretending to be addicted. As far as my personal experience goes, I was never addicted to smoking. I would only smoke when out and could happily never smoke again.

I know people get stressed out and need a cig, which can help. But the whole addiction thing... pah! If you cant stop smoking, I'd say you are a very weak person.

Just my opinion!
probably why..

Militarycom.
09-12-2008, 03:08 AM
Well here are a couple tips, if they help.

1. Don't look down
2. When running breathe with your mouth in the form of when you whistle this makes the air you breathe in a bit colder to refresh lungs and it regulates breathing.
3. Try not to bounce up and down to much while running or else you'll get stomach aches and head aches.
4. makes sure your pressing off your toes after each stride so you dont work as hard when running.
5. Run straight not turning and straying off this only adds distance and more footwork.

P.S. have running shoes not sandles, boots, or basketball shoes.

Hope this helped.

Wig44.
10-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Well here are a couple tips, if they help.

1. Don't look down
2. When running breathe with your mouth in the form of when you whistle this makes the air you breathe in a bit colder to refresh lungs and it regulates breathing.
3. Try not to bounce up and down to much while running or else you'll get stomach aches and head aches.
4. makes sure your pressing off your toes after each stride so you dont work as hard when running.
5. Run straight not turning and straying off this only adds distance and more footwork.

P.S. have running shoes not sandles, boots, or basketball shoes.

Hope this helped.

Considering the run was in october I don't think it did.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!