PDA

View Full Version : OMG this homwork is well hard!

Becky789
28-09-2008, 08:59 AM
This is probably the wrong section to put this, but don't know where else to put it.

My science homework, if you ask me, is well hard!!
This is what it says:

Our bodies need water to stay alive. If we do not have any water, we will die within a few days. Imagine that you have gone on a walking holiday in Scotland. You have plenty of food and clothes, but you have run out of water. There are no rivers or lakes near you, but the ground is very boggy.

You have this equiptment with you:
- Stove
- Pan
- Mug
- Trowel
- Tube
- Matches
- Kettle
- Handkerchief
- Rubber bands

Your task is to use the equiptment above to obtain pure drinking water from the bog water.

etc
This is probably just me not concentrating properly, but I have no idea how to do this.
Any help?

Thread moved by Biohazard (Forum Moderator): Moved from 'Discuss Anything'.

Recursion
28-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Pour the water that was in the kettle from when you last used it into a mug! :D

Dig a hole with the trowel, then put a mug into the bottom of the hole in the middle, put the hankercheif over the hole and hold it down with objects, water will collect and drip off the bottom of the hankercheif and into the mug.

lukeisok
28-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Without telling you exactly what to do, the hankerchief is your way of purification system, tie it to the beaker with the rubber band and then allow the dirty water to run through it, work out the rest :P

Hope it helped!

RyanDOT
28-09-2008, 09:04 AM
This is probably the wrong section to put this, but don't know where else to put it.

My science homework, if you ask me, is well hard!!
This is what it says:

Our bodies need water to stay alive. If we do not have any water, we will die within a few days. Imagine that you have gone on a walking holiday in Scotland. You have plenty of food and clothes, but you have run out of water. There are no rivers or lakes near you, but the ground is very boggy.

You have this equiptment with you:
- Stove
- Pan
- Mug
- Trowel
- Tube
- Matches
- Kettle
- Handkerchief
- Rubber bands

Your task is to use the equiptment above to obtain pure drinking water from the bog water.

etc

This is probably just me not concentrating properly, but I have no idea how to do this.
Any help?

This is what i think.

Use the bog water with a trowel, then use it with a tube, then use the handkerchief and use the rubber bands around the handkerchief tightly, then put a pan underneath the handkerchief so the water can drain out, and put the stove and light it up with the matches so the heat can come out then put it in the mug.
Don't know what the kettle is all about.
Thats what i do anyways, it might be wrong.

Sxejess
28-09-2008, 09:05 AM
All i can think of is using the tube to get the bog water into the pan, light the stove with the matches and put the pan on the stove, it should evapourate the boggyness, or use the kettle on the stove with the bog water in. Oh it is hard, do you have to use all of the equipment?

Becky789
28-09-2008, 09:19 AM
All i can think of is using the tube to get the bog water into the pan, light the stove with the matches and put the pan on the stove, it should evapourate the boggyness, or use the kettle on the stove with the bog water in. Oh it is hard, do you have to use all of the equipment?

I don't know, it doesn't say so.

Becky789
28-09-2008, 09:59 AM
;o ;o ;o ;o ;o I think I have it!

Here's what I have.

1. Put the handkerchief over the cup and secure with the rubber bands.
2. Dig up some of the ground.
3. Put on the handkerchief. Wait for the water to go through leaving soil. Do this until you have enough water. This is called filteration.
4. Set up the stove and light it using the matches.
5. Pour the water into the kettle.
6. Put the tube into the kettle's pipe and secure with the rubber bands if you need to.
7. Put the kettle onto the stove.
Put the pan underneath to catch the water as it drips downs.
Once all the water has evaporated then condensed, pour it from the pan into the mug.
Drink! :)

What do yu think? Is it right?

Becky789
28-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Woops, double posted. he he :eusa_whis

Recursion
28-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Sounds about right :P

Sxejess
28-09-2008, 10:22 AM
That sounds better then my idea, and it sounds more scientific (omg big word :P)

GommeInc
28-09-2008, 11:10 AM
I would just say dig the ground with your hands and use the trowel to kill animals for food, but if you only want to use those tools for the bog... then... :eusa_whis

I love homework :D Is this in the Water Module for Science in Year 10 or is this another subject?

Throne Sofa
28-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Turn to God and hope you can go for 30 days without food or drink.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!