PDA

View Full Version : A total new forum

Cixso
28-09-2008, 10:17 AM
I'll make it quick.

Why not make a new forum that's created specifically for teenagers and not a habbo community? The reason is because if you do that, all the people who get older won;t leave as the forum then isn't as childish.

Mint
28-09-2008, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't say that the forum community is actually that childish. Compared to most other teen forums HabboxForum is really sensable. :)

Cixso
28-09-2008, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't say that the forum community is actually that childish. Compared to most other teen forums HabboxForum is really sensable. :)

The name puts off young adults, plus its specifically designed for habbo.

Mint
28-09-2008, 10:34 AM
The name puts off young adults, plus its specifically designed for habbo.
Well thats the thing, it is for Habbo so if people don't like Habbo then theres not much point in them using this forum although there are sections of the forum that do appeal to all users of different ages. Like I would still use it if I quited Habbo but I would of never started using it if I had never played Habbo.

Nereo
28-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Everything under the "Games" category is non-habbo related and could be used by all.

e5
28-09-2008, 11:31 AM
No, because this forum was created for the use of Habbo's, it's already grown into use for other people! It would be stupid to change it. There would be like 200 staff members left to do nothing :P

GommeInc
28-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Half of the forum is non-Habbo :S Feedback, Entertainment, Games, Technology, Discuss Other and VIP forums are all non-Habbo... The name isn't much of a problem (HabboxForum), people still use it regardless of the name. Even though it was suggested ages ago Habbox makes new forum skins and avatars with HxF in places, rather than "Habbox Forum" so the appeal is a bit less Habbo like, but that was put down because of the annoying image which makes Habbox official :P

Arch
28-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Well thats the thing, it is for Habbo so if people don't like Habbo then theres not much point in them using this forum although there are sections of the forum that do appeal to all users of different ages. Like I would still use it if I quited Habbo but I would of never started using it if I had never played Habbo.

I started using this forum and i dont play habbo 1 bit =/ and never do on UK atleast

Coldplay
28-09-2008, 05:38 PM
If you want too, Why don't YOU pay for a forum, and PAY for the hosting, and also PAY for the domain.

And when you've PAID for all that, maybe some people will join.

The Professor
28-09-2008, 06:03 PM
If I've got this straight... you want a brand new, empty forum, with no community, aimed at teens, instead of joining an established teen forum? I'm really struggling to comprehend the thought process here.

Leetzgirl
28-09-2008, 06:05 PM
If you want too, Why don't YOU pay for a forum, and PAY for the hosting, and also PAY for the domain.

If I've got this straight... you want a brand new, empty forum, with no community, aimed at teens, instead of joining an established teen forum? I'm really struggling to comprehend the thought process here.

Coldplay says it really.

Hiro
28-09-2008, 06:08 PM
But there are "adults" on here, numerous amount of 17+ on here.
And half the forum is non-Habbo related, there's like 2 sections of the this forum dedicated to Habbo (Habbo & Trading).

Coldplay
28-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Basically, You say it best... When you say nothing at all!!

(Aimed at thread starter there.)

nvrspk4
28-09-2008, 07:12 PM
While yes there is a non-Habbo community here, the main draw is the Habbo users. 99% of the users played Habbo at one point. However, they choose to stay on at HabboxForum even after they quit Habbo. A teen-based forum would not have an influx of users and therefore it would eventually die. Plus, Habbox is based around Habbo, though we provide services for you guys we are aimed at providing a place for the Habbo community.

Cixso
28-09-2008, 07:23 PM

Quit with the PAID, nothing is free in this world. I know it will come at a price.

In terms of having the management from this forum onto another teen forum, 2 separate forums.

Thinking about it in depth it wasn't a good idea I came up with.

RedArmy
28-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Nah. this actually is a habbo forum, with teenage stuff.

Paulio
28-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Although I'd love for your idea to go ahead, it wouldn't be fair on the people who still use Habbo. I remember in 2005 when I still used Habbo regularly, there was a non-Habbo community on the forum back then. I’d have been gutted if the forum got made a non-Habbo forum back then so, I'm sure the Habbo community that use the forum today would feel the same way. It isn’t fair on them, we've had our time, now let them have there's. :P

I used to feel childish using a Habbo forum but I don’t really care now because, we have things like the non-Habbo dark skin and you can just minimize the Habbo category's (if you want to).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!