PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 2 vs Fallout 3

j4k3
28-09-2008, 05:14 PM
I want to get both of these games because of the amazing thing I've heard about them, but I can only get one. So which one should I get and why?

What are the games based on and set, what are they about?

+rep to any people that help

Fez
28-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Fallout 3 will have a bigger single-player and just a tad more immersion than Far Cry 2 - 100 hours AND MOAR

Far Cry 2 will have a holycrapwin map editor and some serious graphics, that will make your eyes bleed with awesomeness.

I say Fallout 3. Although, I'm getting both.

mangle
28-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Basically what purple said, I'm in a similar situation as you as i'm torn between both. I think FC will be a better shooter whereas Fallout 3 will have a deeper storyline where every decision matters.

That said im sure I read somewhere that you can choose who lives and dies in FC2

28-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Fallout 3 ftw

Fez
28-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Far Cry 2's map will be half of that of Fallout 3, but on the other side, Fallout 3 will have NO multiplayer whatsoever. But you lucky sonovas are getting exclusive DLC, whereas Far Cry 2's DLC will be given to all platforms.

It's really a tricky one to compare, F3 is out a week after FC2 and it's a short time to make a decision. I think I read somewhere that FC2 will last 45 hours, but it has endless multiplayer and map making and Fallout 3 will last 100 hours and then some. I hate to say it but Bethesda just about whip Ubisoft's *** every time.

When Elder Scrolls IV came out, it went against Double Agent and guess which went on to sell almost 5 million copies worldwide, get a GotY edition and be hailed as the best console RPG so far? Elder Scrolls.

The consoles aren't really that good for FPSs to be honest, they belong on the PC. But Bethesda know how to make a good, rich and vibrant world, but Ubisoft know how to make some top-notch communities, the Pandora Tommorow servers are still on as far as I know.

j4k3
28-09-2008, 07:03 PM
purple you seem to know your stuff

if im looking for an easy story [hardened on cod4 kinda difficulty] but interesting and enjoyable at the same time, which should I get. Cos I know i wont play multiplayer anyway :s

Fez
28-09-2008, 07:13 PM
If your not a fan of RPGs, Far Cry 2. I think FC2 will be more enjoyable, but Fallout will be more deeper and if you get way down into it, you'll love every second.

If you like stuff like COD4, Far Cry 2 for yew.

j4k3
28-09-2008, 11:03 PM
If your not a fan of RPGs, Far Cry 2. I think FC2 will be more enjoyable, but Fallout will be more deeper and if you get way down into it, you'll love every second.

If you like stuff like COD4, Far Cry 2 for yew.

rep for you <3

needa spred ;[

Neil
28-09-2008, 11:14 PM
It's all down to what you're into really, Far Cry 2 is looking to be good but Fallout 3 looks good, I've play Fallout 1 and 2 and they quite easily come under as two of the worst games I've ever played in my entire life, so just by that my decision of whether to get Fallout 3 or not was sorted, if you want an RPG that will take absolutly ages to complete 100% then Fallout 3 is for you, something quick and fun then Far Cry 2

It's all down to preference, I love RPGs but Fallout 1 and 2 were just awful and Fallout 3 will need to be mighty impressive it if wants to win me over now

Lost_Addict
29-09-2008, 03:09 PM
fall out 3 will be an awsome if not one of the best RPG's ever if you like that (which i do lol)

but far cry 2 will have amazing visuals and dynamics

so its really are you more of a FPS or RPG kind of person which should make your mind up

Fez
29-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I just downloaded Fallout 1 from Gametap (for free btw) and it is seriously... awful. I mean it is horribly confusing and somewhat boring. I'm sure Bethesda has chaned the forumulae just enough to keep the atmosphere and... gameplay-ish. All of the Fallout 1/2 players are whining on the Bethboards about Bethesda changing it 'too much'.

I think it's for the better.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!