PDA

View Full Version : Westfield Derby. Suicide! :'(

Fehm
29-09-2008, 02:42 PM
OK, So i was in town (derby!) on saturday about 3.00 when there was a massive rumour around the westfield center that a man was on top of the carpark roof and ready to jump. SO obviously we all got a bit worried.... We went home and then an hour later on msn my mate told me this man jumped and died obviously at 5.30ish.

Went to school today and we all got called into an assembly... and found out it was a lad in sixth form at our school called sean who i'd talked to in the past!

So.. R.I.P Sean.

But this comes with a HUGE message
Sean jumped because he was pressurised by peer's over being gay. Now.. a young life was lost because of it? isnt it time to stop?!

Fez
29-09-2008, 04:11 PM
England is so ******* corrupt, with homophobia and just general disregard for basic human social rights.

Alan_Carr
29-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Why didn't you get the Police involved if you knew this was gna happen?
You derbyshire people are right thick *****

Edited by Slowpoke (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other members.

Leetzgirl
29-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Why didn't you get the Police involved if you knew this was gna happen?
You derbyshire people are right thick *****

Rofl, nice thinking

Inseriousity.
29-09-2008, 04:33 PM
2 and a half hours and the police couldn't persuade him down? RIP.

It's a shame he died because of bullies. I hope they're feeling guilty and ashamed of themselves.

Alan_Carr
29-09-2008, 04:35 PM
*TEXT REMOVED*

Edited by Slowpoke (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other members.

alexxxxx
29-09-2008, 04:35 PM
omg my mum was there on sat!

that's sad.

Digital
29-09-2008, 04:46 PM
The bullys should be shot

Alan_Carr
29-09-2008, 04:57 PM
*TEXT REMOVED*

Fehm
29-09-2008, 05:01 PM
*REMOVED*

The police where there!!! LMAOOO how do you think we knew? They where there before we knew about it xD! And why should i be shot aye??

dirrty
29-09-2008, 05:07 PM
at the end of the day, he commited sucide. sure the bullies were in the wrong for tormenting him, but he killed himself, & the bullies didnt. he didnt have to take his life, as there are other ways to resolve situations. so i dont think everyone should put the blame on the bullies.

anyway rip.

Alan_Carr
29-09-2008, 05:08 PM
The police where there!!! LMAOOO how do you think we knew? They where there before we knew about it xD! And why should i be shot aye??

Why didn't they do anthing then?
And cos you didnt do anything to help prevent the situation?
You could have at least tried SOMETHING, if you cared.

Slowpoke
29-09-2008, 05:09 PM

He didn't even know that it was a guy he knew until he was told in the assembly the next day. Aside from standing at the bottom of the Car Park shouting "don't jump", there wasn't much he could do.

Fehm
29-09-2008, 05:17 PM
He didn't even know that it was a guy he knew until he was told in the assembly the next day. Aside from standing at the bottom of the Car Park shouting "don't jump", there wasn't much he could do.

Agree'd and we werent allowed anywhere near the car park entrance or anything ^^ So.. we decided to just go h ome, we didnt run.. wy would we run we hadnothng to do with it?

Loqo
29-09-2008, 05:21 PM
That's sad. :(

Jordy
29-09-2008, 05:32 PM
England is so ******* corrupt, with homophobia and just general disregard for basic human social rights.Oh shut up and give it a rest would you? There's no such thing as Human Rights... It's a very nice concept and all that, but it's impossible and doesn't mean a thing.

The UK has some of the best human rights as it happens anyway, not only that but we're easily one of the least-corrupt countries in the world, and the UK is also one of the most accepting places for homosexuals. This proves the UK isn't perfect, but if you look anywhere else in the world and it's a far worse situation.

Corruption has little to do with the topic on hand anyway, and nor does this post :P

Fez
29-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Well it's like that in my area anyway, but yes, let's give it a rest - I can't exactly make a difference just posting on an internet forum can I haha.

Corporal
29-09-2008, 05:43 PM
2 and a half hours and the police couldn't persuade him down? RIP.

I think you mean two and a half hours and he didnt jump!

Virgin Mary
29-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Overdosing or hanging himself in his bedroom wouldn't have been enough, it had to be a city centre where he could soak up the attention before doing it.

sock
29-09-2008, 06:13 PM

have you got the thickest mind in the world or something i swear?

u can't just jump to him and save him ,its not like that, you have to calmly gte him back off the edge. HAVE U NEVER WATCHED THE BILL????????????!!!!!111111!!!11ONEONE. Anyway r.i.p could of been solved easier than suicide though.

Misawa
29-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Two and a half hours and the fire services didn't get an air cushion? Jesus Christ Almighty.

steve08
29-09-2008, 08:46 PM
have you got the thickest mind in the world or something i swear?

u can't just jump to him and save him ,its not like that, you have to calmly gte him back off the edge. HAVE U NEVER WATCHED THE BILL????????????!!!!!111111!!!11ONEONE. Anyway r.i.p could of been solved easier than suicide though.

PMSLLL!!!!!1111 ahahahhahhaa @ the bill
I hope you were joking about saying that about the bill :eusa_wall

Anyway.. Such a selfish person
RIP

Fehm
30-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Two and a half hours and the fire services didn't get an air cushion? Jesus Christ Almighty.

Do you know the irony?
Theres a matress/bedding shop accross the road.. and they didnt go there!

Its just a sad way to loose a life tbh.

Misawa
30-09-2008, 06:14 PM
People should complain to your local fire services for being such idiots.

Fehm
30-09-2008, 06:20 PM
People should complain to your local fire services for being such idiots.

It was more the police.... there wernt fire engines :P just trained police people http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/7644670.stm

Misawa
30-09-2008, 06:25 PM
What the hell is with Derbyshire's emergency services? :eusa_wall

Fehm
30-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Lol there not very good?/ tehe

Andys
30-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Lol there not very good?/ tehe
just like the football team eh?

RIP

Fehm
30-09-2008, 08:59 PM
just like the football team eh?

RIP

Ooo touchy! Good job i dont give a **** about football xD lol

GrebSkeb
01-10-2008, 04:02 PM
yeahj herd bout tht idiot were going like "Go on then. when are you gonna jump?" fell sorry for your dude i was asleep at tht time(im a derby person)

Fehm
01-10-2008, 04:09 PM
yeahj herd bout tht idiot were going like "Go on then. when are you gonna jump?" fell sorry for your dude i was asleep at tht time(im a derby person)

:o You come from Derbyyyy? nice lol

I feel sorry fr him to tbh ...

GrebSkeb
01-10-2008, 04:17 PM
yeah i do and tbh i hate derby so many f****** idiots prob cuz most of derby r chavs including adults. go to old sinfin play one lil bit of rock and you egt beat up. chav ask you for a quid n u havent got a quid and you wont show em ya wallet, you get beat up. horid place tbh

ideabox
01-10-2008, 04:18 PM
My god reading all these comments reminds me of Viz. You're ALL student Grant! xD

Oh and we have a Jeremy Kyle lover among us too.
AT THE END OF THE DAY RYTT...

I can understand why he jumped if it was full of w****** goading but nobody cared or helped at the time. Only the people who felt it was their duty. Just a primal mob system indulging in the act of human bear baiting even to the point of suicide.
You can all pretend that you couldn't have the capability to join but I'd bet you a shiny new penny (the one with the bridge) that you'd just go along with it. Its instinct not to break away from a group.

Hazza
01-10-2008, 04:29 PM
This was in The Sun today, it was a small article but I now know what school you go to KnownSinner! Haha :P

R.I.P though. :(

Niall!
01-10-2008, 04:32 PM
It was people from 4chan that made him jump, they stopped and shouted DO IT, ****** over and over again.

They're claiming it was them over on /b/

BlueTackle
01-10-2008, 05:46 PM
its sad

the bullies should die.

Fehm
01-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Lol... :Singer was it in the paper?? =o Missed that one.. lol xD!!

And i dont go to John Flamstead.. I go to the other one lol xD

Virgin Mary
01-10-2008, 07:13 PM
It was people from 4chan that made him jump, they stopped and shouted DO IT, ****** over and over again.

They're claiming it was them over on /b/
Would be a likely story if it was someone jumping from the top of habbohotel.

Emzy
01-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Would be a likely story if it was someone jumping from the top of habbohotel.

HAHAH LOL.

Ohirian
01-10-2008, 09:12 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24430462-401,00.html

alexxxxx
01-10-2008, 09:28 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24430462-401,00.html

Derby, Northern England.

PFFT. Derby isn't North.

GrebSkeb
01-10-2008, 09:30 PM
LOL not looked at that news reporters are so dumb.

ToxicPaddy
01-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Sad to hear about this :( My name is Sean too lol

GommeInc
01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
OK, So i was in town (derby!) on saturday about 3.00 when there was a massive rumour around the westfield center that a man was on top of the carpark roof and ready to jump. SO obviously we all got a bit worried.... We went home and then an hour later on msn my mate told me this man jumped and died obviously at 5.30ish.

Went to school today and we all got called into an assembly... and found out it was a lad in sixth form at our school called sean who i'd talked to in the past!

So.. R.I.P Sean.

But this comes with a HUGE message
Sean jumped because he was pressurised by peer's over being gay. Now.. a young life was lost because of it? isnt it time to stop?!
Hmm, he shouldn't of gotten upset about it. But as we all know, some people take pressure differently. Quite a shame really, he looked as though he might get somewhere in life and was quite "handsome" too (not that it means anything). It's discusting that people were being rude to him about his sexuality (or what they thought it was) and a select minority who told him to jump was ever more discusting really.

PaintYourTarget
01-10-2008, 11:16 PM
It's been on newsbeat all day on radio1. They were making quite a big deal about it, but more about the goading that the lad himself.

Cypher-
02-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Yeah we watched him jump, All the people around us were shouting to him to hurry up and get it over with. Bit sick and immature to be fair, hope they realise they are living with that guilt for life.

Misawa
03-10-2008, 02:17 AM
But you live in Ireland?

Slowpoke
03-10-2008, 02:21 AM
He goes to university in Derby.

Misawa
03-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Ah, thanks.

Jord
03-10-2008, 06:44 AM
But why would you kill yourself over something like that..

Tell parents tell police..

Camistheman
03-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Woah, thats shocking....

le harry
03-10-2008, 01:12 PM
You won't jump, you're scared.

Imp!
03-10-2008, 03:15 PM
England is so ******* corrupt, with homophobia and just general disregard for basic human social rights.

I actually agree, England needs to sort itself out, nobody cares there, a life is well nothing? Its just another person who died because they didn't get the help but no one in the government is going to sit there and get all choked up

Fehm
04-10-2008, 08:18 AM
I didnt post this thread about the government, I posted it because i lost a friend through a tragic event that has shocked alot of people. I think its rerli insensitive for people to just blame the government when it had nothing to do with them.. People are who they are, and that cant be changed. Derby's Council is one of the best in the country, which is why i wasnt digging at them.. I was trying to show that things like this happen through our own fault, and thats all ^^ Blahh that made no sense.

Fehm
04-10-2008, 08:21 AM
He goes to university in Derby.

He doenst go to university in derby he was studying A-levels at my school ^^

Sorry for double post.

ideabox
04-10-2008, 08:24 AM
I actually agree, England needs to sort itself out, nobody cares there, a life is well nothing? Its just another person who died because they didn't get the help but no one in the government is going to sit there and get all choked up
Its always been like that though. We used to watch hangings fifty odd years ago and cheer.

Virgin Mary
04-10-2008, 10:26 AM
It's the same in most if not all countries. I take it the police didn't do anything about the people making enticing comments because social law > moral law as always.

Sunny.
04-10-2008, 11:41 AM
I was there, saw him on the roof and some stupid ******* were shouting jump "/

But yerh, every1s onabout it now

scottish
04-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Im homophobic o.0

but at

Its just another person who died because they didn't get the help but no one in the government is going to sit there and get all choked up

The government can't do nothing? They can't exactly ban homophobia ;S they government cant do nething about it o.0

Virgin Mary
04-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Im homophobic o.0

but at

The government can't do nothing? They can't exactly ban homophobia ;S they government cant do nething about it o.0
Obviously not, only a lack of idiocy can ban pointless prejudice. However, the law probably stands so that action cannot be taken against the people telling him to jump despite the fact they were technically accomplices in murder.

Jordy
04-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Its always been like that though. We used to watch hangings fifty odd years ago and cheer.Actually Public Executions were stopped in 1866, they've were done in Prison's till the 1960s.

scottish
04-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Virgin Mary; not really, cause if you go up on a roof and act as if your gonna jump, its your plan to go there in the first place and jump (unless attention seeking) you can't blame the people saying jump ;S

SDiamond
04-10-2008, 01:24 PM
people who go up to a roof planning to jump sometimes change their minds but just imagine you were up there saying you were gonna jump and then people were egging you on you wud be under alot of pressure from it and want to jump even more

so i would say they would be a big part in his suicide

Virgin Mary
04-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Virgin Mary; not really, cause if you go up on a roof and act as if your gonna jump, its your plan to go there in the first place and jump (unless attention seeking) you can't blame the people saying jump ;S
I take it he was seeking attention. Either way, they wanted him to kill himself and were telling him to do so which is virtually the same as asking someone to kill someone else.

SDiamond
04-10-2008, 01:46 PM
ye i agree

Misawa
04-10-2008, 02:48 PM
It was selfish to jump in front of children. He should have hung himself instead if he really had to die.

Imp!
04-10-2008, 03:00 PM
He doenst go to university in derby he was studying A-levels at my school ^^

Okay why did you add the ^^ in? Are you glory hunting because he went to your school :S

Slowpoke
04-10-2008, 03:02 PM
It was selfish to jump in front of children.

It was selfish to jump infront of anyone - Nobody should have to witness such a thing (unless of course they wanted to).

Misawa
04-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Indeed.

SDiamond
04-10-2008, 03:13 PM
ye but when you are thinking of committing suicide you dont care about all that stuff you just want the pain to end in whatever way possible

Misawa
04-10-2008, 03:18 PM
He should have, and a lot of people do.

scottish
04-10-2008, 03:33 PM
ok, virgin mary if i said, please kill yourself, then you go and kill yourself, i'm nothing to do with it, as you made the chioce, if someone pressured you into killing yourself, taking your life away then you must be very ******ed.

Some people can be pressured into some stuff, but killing yourself, just no.

Misawa
04-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah but he didn't jump solely because people told him to, it was fuel to the fire.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!