PDA

View Full Version : Homesick - Read

united-champ
29-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I am residential 2 nights aw eek @ school. but i have noticed the last 3 weeks i've always been very homesick, but this never happened before.. just recently. i am 14 and one of the staff thinks it might be because of hormonal changes but this is getting rediculous. i mean, when my mam is out i am worried in case anything happens to her.. it sounds physco but i dunno.. its me.. any reason why i might be like this? or how i can prevent this?

e5
29-09-2008, 05:46 PM
2 night? Nothing to be worried about. You know you're parents will be fine, you're just thinking too much on the downside. Have fun, relax and take 'home' out of your mind.

united-champ
29-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks. Its hard because we just sit around most of the time.. everything reminds me of home though when i'm on the dorm.. ughh..

Sxejess
29-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Try listening to music if you can or you could try playing a game with your friends to take your mind off it, and it probably is your hormones, or you may just have a strong love for your parents and your home that you never thought you had, I mean I prefer sleeping at home then anywhere else but thats because I love my bed so much :P So it could just be that :)

united-champ
29-09-2008, 07:10 PM
i know what ur saying..

and i do agree, playing games help. i mean we played sharedes the other week and that took my mind off it completely.. ;) its also when phoning home.. its like.. if they dun pick up because they're at work or sumit i get worried in case sumits happened.. ;(

Abbie.
29-09-2008, 07:13 PM
i can get home sick aswell

i dont even know why
i even miss my dad LOL

Sxejess
29-09-2008, 07:18 PM
i know what ur saying..

and i do agree, playing games help. i mean we played sharedes the other week and that took my mind off it completely.. ;) its also when phoning home.. its like.. if they dun pick up because they're at work or sumit i get worried in case sumits happened.. ;(

I think deep down you just generally love your parents so much that its just taken over you know because of the changes your going through, my friend used to be like you but so much worse, she couldn't sleep at her nextdoor neighbours house because she got so worried that they would leave her at that house and never come back for her, I think as you get older you'll grow out of it because you will want to be with your friends more. And I think you know that your parents are alright but your mind is saying otherwise, the best thing to do is try not to ring them because its obviously making you feel worse, or try to ring when you know they will be at home, it'll make you feel so much better, you could also open up to a friend about it, you never know you might just need someone who will listen and be there for you so don't be scared to ask a friend to listen :)

united-champ
29-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I think deep down you just generally love your parents so much that its just taken over you know because of the changes your going through, my friend used to be like you but so much worse, she couldn't sleep at her nextdoor neighbours house because she got so worried that they would leave her at that house and never come back for her, I think as you get older you'll grow out of it because you will want to be with your friends more. And I think you know that your parents are alright but your mind is saying otherwise, the best thing to do is try not to ring them because its obviously making you feel worse, or try to ring when you know they will be at home, it'll make you feel so much better, you could also open up to a friend about it, you never know you might just need someone who will listen and be there for you so don't be scared to ask a friend to listen :)

Thanks thats helped.. although i am sitting at home and still got a bit tearfull.. damn why choose me.. people may refer to me as a social outcast as i dont really go out at home because well, i dunno.. i have friends at school but you see i go to a 'EBD' school, its for kid with emotional and behavioural disorders / problems.. i'm there for behavioural..

So like the kids have a tendency not to show a caring side.. but when they do and you chat to them, they later use it agaisnt you, so its hard. theres only one or 2 people who i trust, one who is on the dorm and i share a room with on a thursday, (which also keeps my mind off home)

and the other who i feel could use agaisnt me..

I dunno if that affects my situation.. please respond jess; )

Sxejess
29-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks thats helped.. although i am sitting at home and still got a bit tearfull.. damn why choose me.. people may refer to me as a social outcast as i dont really go out at home because well, i dunno.. i have friends at school but you see i go to a 'EBD' school, its for kid with emotional and behavioural disorders / problems.. i'm there for behavioural..

So like the kids have a tendency not to show a caring side.. but when they do and you chat to them, they later use it agaisnt you, so its hard. theres only one or 2 people who i trust, one who is on the dorm and i share a room with on a thursday, (which also keeps my mind off home)

and the other who i feel could use agaisnt me..

I dunno if that affects my situation.. please respond jess; )

Well it must be so hard, I'd hate to go to a school where no-one cares, I bet thats what is affecting you, because your parents care so much about you and no-one at your school does, you obviously miss the love, the care your parents and the warmth of your home gives you. Its easy to understand now why you miss home so much because you just need a big hug and some love from people who care and listen to you, my advise is when you ring your parents tell them how you feel and to be safe, don't tell anyone at school because by the sounds of it they sound like they only care about themselves (not saying you do), just let your parents know you love them and miss them very much :)

united-champ
29-09-2008, 07:57 PM
ty :)

Some do care but they just turn it agaisnt you later, i mean if i was to say i phoned childline once, when i get into a argument which is pretty easy since the slightest thing or disagreement turns into a big fight.. they say oh wel atleast i dun phone childline and ****.. so i dont want to be in a posistion where i', being 'blackmailed' if that is the right word for it..

Some do care and then others just annoy me, i mean i was once sitting down adn this lad kept going on and a on at us' i said go away. because he was annoying and then on the night i was a bit upset and he was liek oh tell us' and all that, i was like no, he kept going on because if i told him why i was upset, i would get upset again, so i told him in the morning and he didnt really care.. ughh its really weird.. ;1

united-champ
29-09-2008, 07:57 PM

Some do care but they just turn it agaisnt you later, i mean if i was to say i phoned childline once, when i get into a argument which is pretty easy since the slightest thing or disagreement turns into a big fight.. they say oh wel atleast i dun phone childline and ****.. so i dont want to be in a posistion where i', being 'blackmailed' if that is the right word for it..

Some do care and then others just annoy me, i mean i was once sitting down adn this lad kept going on and a on at us' i said go away. because he was annoying and then on the night i was a bit upset and he was liek oh tell us' and all that, i was like no, he kept going on because if i told him why i was upset, i would get upset again, so i told him in the morning and he didnt really care.. ughh its really weird.. ;1

Sxejess
29-09-2008, 08:02 PM

Well he just sounds like an idiot :P some people are weird like that though, some get embarrassed and act as if they don't care but secretly they are listening :) see some people try and act hard because they don't want to look like a girl infront of everyone, so 2bh I don't trust people like that because I think they are being someone they're not so they are idiots :P (not saying you are if your getting that impression)

united-champ
29-09-2008, 08:04 PM
ty jess, uve helped me. ill try this week to be calm and all that.. :P

Sxejess
29-09-2008, 08:18 PM
ty jess, uve helped me. ill try this week to be calm and all that.. :P

Good and I hope it all works out for you :) I don't like seeing anyone upset so just keep yourself occupied :) (i think i spelt that wrong :P)

Con
29-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Thanks. Its hard because we just sit around most of the time.. everything reminds me of home though when i'm on the dorm.. ughh..

I think everyone has probably helped you,
I go on 'school holidays' quite abit so I'm away from home for 1week - 2weeks at a time and occasionally I get homesick.
But that's only when I get the occasionall boredness so I start thinking of home + missing people.

So you just need to find something to pre-occupy you :)

RedStratocas
01-10-2008, 11:45 PM
ah, know how you feel. ive been at college (i knew exactly 0 people here when i came) and i get almost pathetically homesick sometimes. i mostly miss my girlfriend, though. what ive found is keeping busy helps. find something to do that takes up a long time.

02-10-2008, 12:45 AM
No problems with loving your mom.

MrGazet
02-10-2008, 07:18 AM
i know how u feel.it sucks no to be homesick.iv been in a boarding skool for 4 years and yeh iv been homesick too.ull get over it though.just hang out wif ur m8s and ull be fine.just keep urself busy :)

leah
03-10-2008, 06:48 AM
If you didn't get homesick before and you do now then something must have happened to make you change the way you feel?
Just try and do things that will take your mind of of home and when you are home - enjoy it!

Vicrum123
03-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Woo Its United-Chimp!
Try not to worry about it, I went through a phase when I couldn't even sleep at my best friends house, not even for 1 night. I couldn't explain why, it was really wierd.I just had this feeling in my stomach and I couldn't like make myself go. It got so bad sometimes that I use to get ill over it. Im fine now though but I think I was around 13-14 when that happened.

When it comes to ringing home, I always found that ringing made it worse. If something serious happened back at home, someone is bound to ring you anyway. That helps because you can just think that no news is good news kinda thing.

Keep yourself busy basically like the other guys have said and try and enjoy yourself and have a good time! You'll be fine ;)

ideabox
03-10-2008, 08:35 AM
It'll pass when you get older. I used to get a little homesick when I was on the bus without contact with my brother and parents but when you et older, you know they'll be alright. Just play that song "don't worry, coz it'll be alright!".
I suspect you goto a boarding school?

united-champ
03-10-2008, 04:24 PM
It'll pass when you get older. I used to get a little homesick when I was on the bus without contact with my brother and parents but when you et older, you know they'll be alright. Just play that song "don't worry, coz it'll be alright!".
I suspect you goto a boarding school?

No, as i have said in previous posts, its a 2-night a week deal. Wed and Thurs.

So go to school mon tue and come home at 3:30 both days, go on wed come back fri 3:00

;)

Gorguz14eva
03-10-2008, 09:37 PM
I was like that when I was younger, I use to think of my foster parents going through worst case scenario, they were so close to me.
I worried that if they were driving they would die in a crash or somthing like that.
But I started doing stuff like art to get my mind of it.

Try not worrying so much about them (only a little bit) because they are fine.
It might just be hormones kicking in.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!