PDA

View Full Version : LittleBigPlanet Beta

J0SH
30-09-2008, 01:47 PM
It's a shame it only works if you're from USA or Canada, I was watching www.justin.tv/4PlayerPodcast and they where doing various levels and they kept screwing up and getting angry on mic and when they where at the top of this ledge the other guy punched him off and it was pretty funny.

Then one time they where riding some duck and it smashed into a ledge and broke then they got squished, I can't wait for this game. :P

Stitch
30-09-2008, 02:25 PM
There is a european beta. I got it last week. Yeah its great on the rocket cars and stuff :P

Cells
30-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Whats it about?

J0SH
30-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Oooh, how do I sign up for a code thingy? :P New to PS3, when I first bought it I never used it but I'm starting to use it a bit now.

Stitch
30-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Whats it about?

You control Sackboy and theres premade levels full of puzzles and stuff which you can go through and collect objects then you can create levels with the objects you created. You can use loads of stuff like swithces and buttons to control motors and rockets to move objects around the level. You can also create monsters and give them a brain to tell them what to do, eyes and wheels or legs. It is very easy to learn how to do everything because they have loads of tutorials that you can watch. Your levels can be shared online for others to play and you can play up to 4 player online or offline. Oh and you can also dress up your Sackboy using clothing that you collect through the single player levels. They are giving out a free Nariko costume if you preorder at Play.com and there is a free Kratos costume in the latest issue of the Official Playstation Magazine.

Oooh, how do I sign up for a code thingy? :P New to PS3, when I first bought it I never used it but I'm starting to use it a bit now.

They finished giving out the beta codes last week. I recommend the game though it's awesome! It's out on 24th November

Suck
30-09-2008, 06:55 PM
It's out on 24th November

24th October :P

I can't wait to get it. I heard you can download two free costumes for the first week. One which says something like, 'I was here at Week 1' or something of other related coolness. :D

Stitch
30-09-2008, 07:18 PM
24th October :P

I can't wait to get it. I heard you can download two free costumes for the first week. One which says something like, 'I was here at Week 1' or something of other related coolness. :D
Oh yeah my bad lol Dunno why i typed November must have been thinking about it.

Southe,
05-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Bleh, would post in the other thread but probably best in here lol

well i was bored so i got a hold of a beta code and downloaded the beta. its fun xD

Plus 2 costumes.
Kratos - code inside OPM ~ may have to email the magazine if you done get the code was some error some ppl got 6 and some ppl got none ect
Nariko - Preorder with play.com.

Already planned some levels out lol.

Fez
05-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Guess what?

I'm in.

Stitch
05-10-2008, 07:17 PM
I don't want to make any really good levels till the actual game comes out. I made a Super Mario one though. When the game comes out i'll remake it and improve it a bit :D

Southe,
05-10-2008, 08:04 PM
same. but gonna ameke one so can get use to the controls.
quiestion. do you get given a template or can you start of with just a flat surface? because i want to make Green hill zone from sonic.. lol

is there any word on custom music? because im sure i read months ago that it would be implemented into the game would make my GHZ better.

Also got my kratos code ^^.

Stitch
06-10-2008, 02:41 PM
same. but gonna ameke one so can get use to the controls.
quiestion. do you get given a template or can you start of with just a flat surface? because i want to make Green hill zone from sonic.. lol

is there any word on custom music? because im sure i read months ago that it would be implemented into the game would make my GHZ better.

Also got my kratos code ^^.
There are templates as well as a blank one. I usually go with the blank one.

Southe,
06-10-2008, 07:50 PM
yea just noticed that lol. been looking at levels someone made a Green hill zone act 3. i laughed at the dr robotnick at the end xD

But yes. not gonna make any awesome stages until i have the full game and have more things to use

kk.
07-10-2008, 12:23 PM
ive made a pretty cool but hard level. My '1st one' because i my actual first one corrupted :/. Have a go when its published :P

Stitch
07-10-2008, 12:30 PM
I spent ages making a level and it won't publish :( I just looked at my pile of games and picked the top 3 and made little sections to do with them. First is FIFA and you have to put the football in both goals to get rid of the wall. The next one was rock band and you step on the notes to play them and then the third bit was burnout where you have to race to the finish :D

kk.
07-10-2008, 12:40 PM
I spent ages making a level and it won't publish :( I just looked at my pile of games and picked the top 3 and made little sections to do with them. First is FIFA and you have to put the football in both goals to get rid of the wall. The next one was rock band and you step on the notes to play them and then the third bit was burnout where you have to race to the finish :D
lol awesome. ur stitchRFC right? im jrgc :P mine wouldnt publish the other night either :S

Southe,
07-10-2008, 08:04 PM
getting the hang of it even if i seem to die alot xD

1. how do you change for example. shorts into whote shorts?
2. is it just the 3 levels you can get?
3. how do people make all these awesome stuff xD gonna get stuck into the game when i get it on release.

good if you could make levels together or can you? i dno lol

Suck
07-10-2008, 08:20 PM
I've been playing it for 2 hours. It's awesomeeee! Played some of other peoples levels and they're fun. :D

Stitch
07-10-2008, 08:21 PM
getting the hang of it even if i seem to die alot xD

1. how do you change for example. shorts into whote shorts?
2. is it just the 3 levels you can get?
3. how do people make all these awesome stuff xD gonna get stuck into the game when i get it on release.

good if you could make levels together or can you? i dno lol
1. Theres a bit at the end where you pick your colour scheme. If you can't find the one you want get a sticker the right colour and cover the clothing with that sticker.

2. Yes in the beta. In the full game theres many more.

3. They're really creative people who spend days making them :P

Not sure about making levels together. I think you can.

Southe,
07-10-2008, 09:54 PM
1. Theres a bit at the end where you pick your colour scheme. If you can't find the one you want get a sticker the right colour and cover the clothing with that sticker.

2. Yes in the beta. In the full game theres many more.

3. They're really creative people who spend days making them :P

Not sure about making levels together. I think you can.

1. i see i'll have a look now ~ i hate the sticker tho cos then it goes on other stuff and cant cother behind you >.<
2. kk cant find any more items =/
3. yea lol some of the ones i was on with you were quite good. i liked the spaceship one

well if you make them together might think about setting up a team to make stuff.

So anyone got the kratos code or preordering from play? or am i the only sad person to want the costumes xD i want the ape escape helmet D:

Stitch
08-10-2008, 07:05 AM
I got the Kratos costume code. I'm lucky I got one because a lot of people didn't.

Southe,
08-10-2008, 10:56 AM
yea all you have to do is email the mag and they send one out to you. so my mate might try lol. Was flicking threw my magazine and each of the pages has a little sack boy costume. shows an ape escape one ;-; i want lol.

gonna do rest of tutorials and stuff cos i dont see how ppl make all these switches and stuff lol

kk.
08-10-2008, 04:24 PM
more items can be found by sticking the star sticker on the dangling stars on levels 2 n 3 and also the teapot on level 2

i dont know, im gonna go for the cheapest because money means a lot now :) gotta start saving

Stitch
08-10-2008, 05:24 PM
more items can be found by sticking the star sticker on the dangling stars on levels 2 n 3 and also the teapot on level 2

i dont know, im gonna go for the cheapest because money means a lot now :) gotta start saving
Also the lion (i think) in level 3

kk.
08-10-2008, 05:28 PM
oo i didnt know about that one lol. Do you know if you lose your progress when u have the actual game. Because i dont want to go through them levels and tutorials for the fourth time :/

Stitch
08-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah theres one of them standing up lions. You get from one of the tutorials then when you go up on the boot the second time in level 3 theres one you get that get it together song :D Also yeah you do have to start all over again on the full game :(

Southe,
08-10-2008, 07:05 PM
stitch still got that spare code my mate slooking for one lol and place stopped givin them out.

i dont like the clothes.. so you have to paint them to change them?

Stitch
08-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah i've still got it

Southe,
08-10-2008, 07:31 PM
kl any chance i can have plz ^^; or you after something for it lol

Stitch
08-10-2008, 07:32 PM
You can have it. I'll PM it.

Fez
08-10-2008, 07:33 PM
It's so damn addictive this thing >.<

Southe,
08-10-2008, 07:39 PM
cheers for that. made should stop whining now xD.

newWORLDorder
09-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Im stuck on the first level (fail.)

Mentions a sticker card character... I dont think I have one.

I have King Henrys face and some other things.. but IDK lulz.

Suck
09-10-2008, 10:31 PM
You stick some of the stickers onto the blank wooden king figure next to the queen statue. Um, if that made any sense.

Jordan3606
10-10-2008, 10:03 PM
I got a code a few days ago and its awesome, havent touched COD4 in 3 whole days... which is a record for me!

Axel
10-10-2008, 10:18 PM
This game looks pretty damn fun from what I've seen... too bad I don't have a PS3. Or is it coming on PC?

Griminal
11-10-2008, 07:51 AM
I believe it's a PS3 exclusive, but you'll never know, they could release it on different machines a year later or something. :P

Stitch
11-10-2008, 10:29 AM
I was playing a level today and got clothes as a prize at the end. How did they manage this? I looked and all I could set as prizes were things I created. Is this a feature in a newer version? (I think I have an older version of the beta)

Josh-H
11-10-2008, 01:44 PM
This game looks pretty damn fun from what I've seen... too bad I don't have a PS3. Or is it coming on PC?

PS3 only.

Jord
11-10-2008, 02:49 PM
I want to play it :(

Stitch
11-10-2008, 03:45 PM
I want to play it :(
Only two weeks till it's out!

kk.
11-10-2008, 05:22 PM
***... 4th time my save game has corrupt. Not starting again because it finishes today doesn't it? And I'll have to go through the levels and tutorials :@ the actual game better not corrupt like it is now. I turn it off correctly too soooo what am I meant to think??

Stitch
11-10-2008, 08:34 PM
It ends tomorrow at 11:59pm. I'm not sure why the save games keep corrupting. I'm sure if this problem carries on in the actual game they will patch it.

Southe,
11-10-2008, 10:09 PM
From the tokyo game show

Something about packs?

Metal gears solid pack and final fantasy VII pack. so costumes pictures music maybe. anyway 2 more costumes

Old Sack Boy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/2925503017/sizes/l/

Sackeroth
http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/2926355322/sizes/l/

Stitch
11-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah I saw them. I want the Snake Sackboy!!

Josh-H
12-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Can someone who had the beta post some pretty in depth views on it please? Will you now buy the full game? How fun/indepth were the creation tools? How fun was the actual platforming? Just a paragraph or two please :) I will +REP.

Southe,
12-10-2008, 11:19 AM
im not good with big stuff lol but my views

Its awesome lol. graphics are good and the creation tools are easy to use, and have lots of variaties (think thats right) anyway you can think of something and you can pretty much make it. i managed to get ahold of a fully working metal gear rex xD music is nice bit dispointed you wont be able to upload your own but im sure with these packs ect we will get good music.

controls are easy to use, online had a bit of lag but im sure thats just because its a beta. um hours of fun. i rekon it will be one of these games you'll play for hours and just when your starting to get bored of it something will pop up and drag you back in ^^

kk.
12-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Can someone who had the beta post some pretty in depth views on it please? Will you now buy the full game? How fun/indepth were the creation tools? How fun was the actual platforming? Just a paragraph or two please :) I will +REP.

well to begin with, it seemed like an alright game but absolutely DID NOT live up to expectations. Being given three levels to play on was not a complete way to show you exactly what the game can do. after completing these levels though, it opened up online gaming and creating. (although i didnt get off to a great start because the servers were down the first time i tried to get on it so i thought the three levels was it lol).

Sharing
When i finally got online, their were already hundreds and thousands of levels out with people playing them as i looked. You can either play on your own or online where you could join the level at any stage. This was a slight downside because it regularly lagged for me and i couldnt join until the end and i also wanted to play some levels from the beginning. however, playing co-operatively makes the game what it is. It makes it fun as you could be helpful, or be a hindrance by swinging in the other direction or running off. Obviously its much more fun to be a hinderance but beware, the players are able to slap each other and if at the right moment, you could very well be slapped into fire. After completing a level, you can choose whether to give them gifts and objects that you have made (And through the level) which is very useful to entice people to play the whole level.

Creating
at first, its very tedious. I had to go through many tutorials to be able to get all the tools however, it turned out to be very fruitful as it gave more and more stickers and objects i could use to build my level. The tools are slightly confusing at times (mainly at the beginning) and their is a lot of annoyance the way i made a level. connecting it to a big sheet of cloth at the back turned out to be both useful and a pain as it can disconnect every single object connected to it... all i can say is that i hope that gets fixed. After playing some levels, i 'stole' a bit of some because they had great ideas and used them to my advantage

A few of the best things made i found.

World of colour - Great use of the colours and objects.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1HObOvdNfTo

Some people take a long time to make levels and you can make MUSIC!! from levels you make.

To Zanarkland - Music
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf5p4JsXizk&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z6vjiK9K4lk

The possiblities are truly endless with what you can make so i will definitely be buying the full game. With what extra features? i dont know yet.

Jordan3606
15-10-2008, 08:26 PM
No need for paragraphs of writing over it imo, just to put it simply...

amazing.

;)

Best level is this one;
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiRgYBHoAoU&feature=related

Stitch
15-10-2008, 08:35 PM
That video shows that you can create almost anything in LBP :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!