PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Access - Database h/w!

Con
30-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Hai there.
Basically in class we are making databases using MS ACCESS.
I know how to make the database if I was jsut there making it, But the homework expects me to design it on paper!
So I need to get my head around where I would put each different section.

Here's what I have wrote down;
Quote:
Design the tables, fields + relationships for the DVD rental shop.
Database about customers, DVDS and rentals.
In addition, It needs to suggest titles of interest for customers, E.G Someone likes horror - Show them all horror films.
List things with Tbl_(enter text here) - AUTONUMBER/TEXT etc.
Frms:
Title - Text
Horror - Text
I dunno if that makes sence, If ANYONE can get their head around it, Can you hep :)

+REP for all help!

Thanks xox

Due thursday -cry

Kevin
30-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Not to fear!

There are THOUSANDS of Microsoft guides available.,

There provided to you free, aslong has you have a copy of it installed on your computer.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/FX100565001033.aspx

I've done some of the courses, and they will really REALLY help you out ;]

-Kevin.

Con
30-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Not to fear!

There are THOUSANDS of Microsoft guides available.,

There provided to you free, aslong has you have a copy of it installed on your computer.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/FX100565001033.aspx

I've done some of the courses, and they will really REALLY help you out ;]

-Kevin.

Thanks for trying to help :(
I don't have MS ACCESS on my computer, If I did then I doubt I would have a problem :(
Thank tho :)

Kevin
30-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I think you might still be able to do the training? but you cant download the training documents.

-Kevin.

Recursion
30-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Haha we had to do that DVD Rental crap this year, we ditched it 2 weeks ago for a non-exam course! :P

Con
30-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Haha we had to do that DVD Rental crap this year, we ditched it 2 weeks ago for a non-exam course! :P

:( I know what to do kind of.. Just dunno how to arrange it on paper + how to layout relationships :P

L?KE
30-09-2008, 08:49 PM
I didn't do DVD rental :)

I was allowed to do a site using phpMyAdmin.

Con
30-09-2008, 09:03 PM
:(I think i managed to find a free trial for MS Access. So hopefully I can be smart and work it out for myself :8

Recursion
30-09-2008, 09:05 PM
I didn't do DVD rental :)

I was allowed to do a site using phpMyAdmin.

How can you get a GCSE grade with that seeing as you have to follow the syllabus? :S and phpMyAdmin is just an SQL admin. |:

Kevin
30-09-2008, 09:11 PM
How can you get a GCSE grade with that seeing as you have to follow the syllabus? :S and phpMyAdmin is just an SQL admin. |:

Just trying to use big 'words' to make his post stand out.

L?KE
05-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Erm not really.

Perhaps you guys should post constructively. The task I was given was along the lines of having data in a database and it must be accessed/edited/deleted etc blah blah. My project fits all of the criteria and therefore I'm not 'using big words' I'm telling you what I'm doing.

GommeInc
05-10-2008, 11:31 PM
:( I know what to do kind of.. Just dunno how to arrange it on paper + how to layout relationships :P
They got you doing relationships?! I wasn't taught that till ICT AS level :S Or am I thinking of something else? Is that when you link certain tabs to matching tabs in other tables, so the same data that's inserted is used in both?

Infact, I think I might of learnt that lol. I might be thinking of the other thing that looks like relationships (but isn't :P)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!