PDA

View Full Version : Infraction: “Posting to cause arguments”

Paulio
01-10-2008, 09:08 PM
I’d just like to give feedback on a warning I got from Slowpoke a few days ago which said that I was posting to cause arguments, which wasn’t the case. I do admit that I offended another user but I didn’t “post to cause arguments”. I think giving people warnings with reasons like that are mis leading. If in future I wanted to work for Habbox again and the department manager looked at my infraction history he/she would see that I had one for “posting to cause arguments” which will make him/her think that I like to cause arguments and might have his/her department arguing and fighting.

I’ve noticed that it isn’t just me that has received warnings like this, there is others too, in the same situation as me.

Mr.OSH
01-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Right make sure you post in the report infractions thread firstly if you feel the infraction is incorrect or isn't the correct category of infraction (if you have not posted already). Secondly I can see what you mean however if you are joining in or spurring on the argument then this probably would result in that type of infraction. Although you made a rude comment which you may not feel was causing arguments you may really have been either intentionally or unintentionally adding fuel to the fire and causing arguments to develop.

The easiest way to avoid this type of infraction is not to be rude in the first place. You run the risk of being infracted for causing arguments if you are rude to other members because you could cause an argument to develop or help continue an argument. I'm not saying that was what happened in your individual case and as I've said you can report the infraction if you feel it was unfair.

Thanks for your feedback.

Paulio
01-10-2008, 09:40 PM
For the record, I have posted in the "Report Infractions" thread and it hasn't been replied to in 3 days. And I'm not complaining about the actual warning I got, I'm just giving feedback on the reason it was given for. As said in my original post, I think it's mis leading and I don't see what's wrong with "Being rude to other members" which is what I was doing.

Right make sure you post in the report infractions thread firstly if you feel the infraction is incorrect or isn't the correct category of infraction (if you have not posted already). Secondly I can see what you mean however if you are joining in or spurring on the argument then this probably would result in that type of infraction. Although you made a rude comment which you may not feel was causing arguments you may really have been either intentionally or unintentionally adding fuel to the fire and causing arguments to develop.

The easiest way to avoid this type of infraction is not to be rude in the first place. You run the risk of being infracted for causing arguments if you are rude to other members because you could cause an argument to develop or help continue an argument. I'm not saying that was what happened in your individual case and as I've said you can report the infraction if you feel it was unfair.

Thanks for your feedback.

JackBuddy
02-10-2008, 04:24 PM
slowpoke always seems to be on the end of controversial infractions....

Hayd93
02-10-2008, 04:26 PM

Funny that as well. Always seems to be the same members that suggest that.

Slowpoke
02-10-2008, 04:27 PM

The user even admits that he did wrong, he just believes that I used the wrong infraction so I'd hardly call that controversial. Two or three infractions that people find unfair are hardly 'always' nor 'controversial' either so I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to publically belittle me.

Funny that as well. Always seems to be the same members that suggest that.

Mhm...

,Jess,
02-10-2008, 04:29 PM
I don't like the infraction just because everyone has different views on what warrants it and it seems to be that this is the one most users have a problem with when they get it so maybe it needs altering.

Slowpoke
02-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Agreed, when it was first introduced I was heavily against it. Management changed it to what it is now although it's still an arse to give. Everybody has different definitions of "Posting to cause arguments" so that doesn't help the situation.

no waiii
02-10-2008, 04:55 PM
i got one from him a while back for posting a link to a thread and saying someone was not funny lol he needs to relax and see what is and what isnt causeing arguements

Slowpoke
02-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Surely, if you think it's unfair, you'd report it because if it is it'll be reversed.

e5
02-10-2008, 05:03 PM
I think it should only be used when the member literally says they want a fight/argument, cause the members do say that and i've seen it. If they say like YOU SMELLY PIECE OF POO. Just give them a "Being rude towards other members" infraction and only use the "Posting to cause arguments" infraction if the user actually posts saying that they want an argument.

Hiro
02-10-2008, 05:04 PM
I've been having trouble with that infraction tbh. It's not an easy one :(

no waiii
03-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Surely, if you think it's unfair, you'd report it because if it is it'll be reversed.

err no point there was like one week left when i found out i had it and its expired now

Paulio
03-10-2008, 07:40 PM
It has been sorted now anyway.

Cheers :]

[Jay]
03-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh no i always get pointless infractions i didnt think they matterd now i can never work for habbox :'( so much for me getting good post count and rep to help me get job. I might as well leave this forum now :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!