PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

Luke
02-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Ok, I have AOL Broadband, 2meg plan, and the contract is well over the minimum. So i've looked on there site, and there is a "Wireless Plus PS3" offer, where you get a free Playstation 3, like the laptop offer but with a PS3. So anyway, it says when you sign up (new customer). Now i remember something like this before, where we were again, AOL customers, canceled after cnotract, and resigned to get the free wireless router offer (when it was new) and we registered as new customers. So would we be able to, cancel, and resign up, and register as new customers, so we could get the PS3 offer. Adding further, what if we registered in a different name (it's currently i my dad's name, but could go to my mam's).

Any ideas?
Thanks
Luke

scottish
02-10-2008, 07:14 PM
If its the same location again they could get suspicious of you renewing your connection everytime a new offer is open :P

But i doubt they'd care as its more money in the pot. But they could sign you up and not give you it saying you were previous client, and then you're on another contract for a year or so :P

Recursion
02-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Ha, with T-Mobile we did this, we could upgrade to some phone, or cancel and remake the contract and get a brand new super duper phone, usually if you say "fine we shall cancel and just remake" they will give in and just give you it. If not then just do it with another name.

Luke
02-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Well, the alst time i done it was 2 years ago, and this is the fourth year in total on AOL broadband, so..
And, if they didn't send, i would cancel, because they'd say if they'd send it or not in the "Cooling down period".

So yeh :D

EDIT to Tawm. Yeh, they can't realy do anything if it's a different name, because, it could be like (story time), Mr Bob (current name registered)is at 12 street, cancels, then Mrs Bob (new name registered) could say, well i've just moved to 12 street and never had any AOL contract, or sometihng like that lol.

I tihnk we'll try, and if they won't send, then cancel and find another good deal xD

scottish
02-10-2008, 07:56 PM
If you cancel you've not abided by the contract you signed :P

Luke
02-10-2008, 07:58 PM
no, theres something called a cooling down period, i tihnk it's 2 weeks, where if you're not happy, that's your chance to cancel it, litterally, it's a taster before the contract starts ;)

Recursion
02-10-2008, 08:28 PM
They will have thought of this, check their TOS, I bet if you cancel, it will mean giving the PS3 back.

scottish
02-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Ah kay, i've never used AOL, i used it back when broadband was just coming out n it was crap then :P so swore never to use them again ^_^

Luke
03-10-2008, 02:45 PM
They will have thought of this, check their TOS, I bet if you cancel, it will mean giving the PS3 back.

no, i mean i'll cancel it if they don't send the PS3, if you cancel you have to send PS3 back lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!