PDA

View Full Version : A good idea?

ToxicPaddy
03-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi all
For christmas this year, I would like a small 'log cabin' type thing in the garden. My bedroom is so small and cramped it would be a good idea I think. I would use it for my computer and to make an office type room for me. It costs around £900, but I would be obviously putting money in myself lol. But is this a good idea? Computers can get nicked easily from sheds because they're so easy to break into. Please tell me your views :D

Nemo
03-10-2008, 04:22 PM
i personally wouldnt do it as its not cosy and as u said, can be stolen easily, why not just ask if you can move to another bedroom or somethin ? x]

scott
I wouldnt have my computer in a shed, well not in glasgow anyway lol :D

Samishlol
Good idea but why not ask to move into a bigger bedroom?

ToxicPaddy
03-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Already asked about bigger room, aint allowed. My sis who is younger has this hench massive room and I have the smaller one. Not fair :@

camera
03-10-2008, 05:03 PM
lol, most guys get the smaller rooms anyway. move to the basement or attic? ;s

ToxicPaddy
03-10-2008, 05:06 PM
lol, most guys get the smaller rooms anyway. move to the basement or attic? ;s

We don't have a basement, and the attic has lots of junk in it with no flooring and after a earthquake last year we had a rat problem so there's lots of rats up there that are dead. I went up there and saw one and jumped out of it i was so scared lol :P It looked awful.

camera
03-10-2008, 05:10 PM
ooo.... uhm make a deal with ur sister. or bet or something. then u cheat and ull win. ull get the bigger room :D

Wayne
03-10-2008, 05:11 PM
I think the log cabin is kind of a good idea, but it might get cold unless it's insulated. Also, what happens when you're on the PC until about 12 at night? You're going to have to walk back into the house from the garden in the dark.

ToxicPaddy
03-10-2008, 05:37 PM
I think the log cabin is kind of a good idea, but it might get cold unless it's insulated. Also, what happens when you're on the PC until about 12 at night? You're going to have to walk back into the house from the garden in the dark.

The distance to walk is what, 8 meters? Its alright, plus there's street lamps that make the garden kinda light cause its in a main road so it will be alright :) We could get it insulated though, probably a good idea because on weekends I'm online till around 5am lol

Wayne
03-10-2008, 05:42 PM
LOL. To be honest, just put a bed in there. :P

MissAlice
03-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Hi all
For christmas this year, I would like a small 'log cabin' type thing in the garden. My bedroom is so small and cramped it would be a good idea I think. I would use it for my computer and to make an office type room for me. It costs around £900, but I would be obviously putting money in myself lol. But is this a good idea? Computers can get nicked easily from sheds because they're so easy to break into. Please tell me your views :D

I don't know the size of your room, but maybe less money could be used for a room makeover?

camera
03-10-2008, 05:50 PM
or u cld just clear ur room. like throw away stuff u dont want. also position ur furnitures so itll look liketheres actually space lol

Inseriousity.
03-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I definitely wouldn't want to be outside on a computer at 5am. I agree with MissAlice or zahrina. Just make more space in your bedroom. I have the big bedroom and it's a nightmare to clean :(

Shawnstra
03-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Use a security lock to tie down your PC? Yeah I think its a good idea, add insulation though. Install a burglar alarm too, those that will sound and scare the hell out of the thief

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!