PDA

View Full Version : Teen Forums non-habbo related See below

!!!Liam!!!
30-06-2005, 09:14 PM
*Just opened my teen forum*
Non-habbo related for general teen chat!
GET TWO PEOPLE TO JOIN AND GET FREE YES FREE UNLIMITED VIP! see competition and events forum for more details
www.TeenMessageBoards.tk

Spread the word! Also needing forum MODs

As its new I have like 7 members :P

Mentor
30-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Freewebs layout, do i need say more. Plus very few people wil join a forum they cant see anything of "/

!!!Liam!!!
30-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Oh sorry because your so perfect. I mean like how sad are you? You judge something by what it looks like, never judge a book by its cover.

lauralol
30-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Mentor, you are so rude. If you dont like his forum, fair enough dont use it, he didnt advertise it on here for criticism

!!!Liam!!!
30-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Thanks Laura, come on it I made Kassie a Mod :P

kasi
30-06-2005, 09:22 PM
woo im a mod there

am admin cuz ma wepnz r liek so leet kk bbz <33

rofl. ;)

!!!Liam!!!
30-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Lmao Yeah Kassie has wpnz :D Laura can have some too :P

GommeInc
30-06-2005, 09:47 PM
And you're not? No one likes a Freewebs layout because everyone knows the maker/owner of the site has not put any effort into making a layout. Not many people are going to join a forum they can't see and Liam, of course he is perfect or professional as I call it. He is a Webpage Designer for Habbox.

What I suggest is you make the forum viewable by guests so they can see what they are going to be joining. Maybe getting a skin? Then after doing that make a new site with your own layout made by you which you put effort in. They only effort you've done is make pages in a freewebs page maker which takes no effort really.

!!!Liam!!!
30-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Get a skin from where exactly its a free forum...

GommeInc
30-06-2005, 09:56 PM
http://www.invisionize.com/
http://www.invisionthings.com/

Basic places to get skins.

Mentor
30-06-2005, 09:59 PM
I dont compliment people on other peoples work. I know 8 year olds who own freewebs site, im not exsctly going to prase you on useing a cheeply made layout, and filling in a text box "/

http://ifskinzone.com is just one of many options for skiining a boared, and the other bit was advice, if no one can see a forum they sure as hell wont join it.

If you dont like critizem, say you want to have people humor your **** site in the thread, rathr than get critizem then improve it and possible become a half decent one

</rant>

Mentor, you are so rude. If you dont like his forum, fair enough dont use it, he didnt advertise it on here for criticism

May i point out this is forum designing. Not show off forums or website. This forum is where you post a boared to GET consttrutive critizim, if he didnt want it, he shoulnt have posted in here.

Owen
30-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Liam, i would advise you to click here (http://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=1003&hl=en&q=%22free+website+layouts%22&meta=)

lauralol
30-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Yes but it seems obvious to me he posted in the wrong forum, if you actually read his post can't you see he i s advertising it asking people to join?

Owen
30-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Errrr... Yes, but i think he wants his forum have a skin or w.e

T0X!C-uk
30-06-2005, 11:13 PM
I agree with both Mentor and GommeInc

!!!Liam!!!
30-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Sooo what if your going to moan get lost

kasi
30-06-2005, 11:24 PM
You guys.. if your just gonna sit here and non-constructive critisisim on his forum, it's really not needed. :l

Mentor
30-06-2005, 11:29 PM
You guys.. if your just gonna sit here and non-constructive critisisim on his forum, it's really not needed. :l
Actaly, it was constrcutive critiszm.
1. Get a skin - we even gave links to where they can be freely obtain
2. Get a layout insed of freewebs - a link to a google of layouts was given.
3. Allow guest to view boareds, as people dont join boareds they cant see, and that includes me.

T0X!C-uk
01-07-2005, 12:48 AM

Not being funny but remember the saying Respect your Elders?

Well i think thats what you should do to people who have been on this board for a long time.......

iRoss
01-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Mmm i agree.

And for frozen here is the definiation of constructive crticism...

Main Entry: constructive criticism
Definition: criticism or advice that is useful and intended to help or improve something, often with an offer of possible solutions

Which proves you wrong illusion.

Just so you don't dig yourself into more of a bigger hole than you are in now. . .

the wombats
01-07-2005, 06:46 AM
akk you need to do is edit the permissions but do it so they cant reply or start a thread, then see if they join up, its not that hard

GommeInc
01-07-2005, 03:57 PM
It was constructive critizism.

Get a real site template, not freewebs. We're giving him hints to help. Liam started off these arguements by getting ratty when Mentor said it was rubbish because he hasn't put any effort in it! :/

Also, having the forum so people can see what they're joining. Unless a log in page is your special item.

T0X!C-uk
01-07-2005, 03:59 PM
It was constructive critizism.

Get a real site template, not freewebs. We're giving him hints to help. Liam started off these arguements by getting ratty when Mentor said it was rubbish because he hasn't put any effort in it! :/

Also, having the forum so people can see what they're joining. Unless a log in page is your special item.

Ahrg speel his name like ti is on the forum so it dont look like its me who being the idiot :p

lauralol
01-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Well don't you think telling someone their forum is rubbish is rude?

GommeInc
01-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Reading backwards says no one was if they did then it must of been because he was being rude to Mentor for posting good critisizm, why would you want to join a forum you can't see and support a website that he has put no effort in?

Michael.
01-07-2005, 04:32 PM
No. Not at all.
Take it on the chin.

dadofdamatrix
01-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Ok - Paddy's opinion.
Liam grow up. How old are you 11? streching to 13??
Ive been on this earth much longer than you, doesnt mean I own it.
Mentor is completly correct, you are wrong. He was helping. Freewebs is terrible, so as soon as i saw the sight i sighed, the forum, sort it out...
Anyway Laurilol, it is not rude. Your name is rubbish, is being rude but the forum looks bad is not, see two different things. Mentor is perfect as he is the Habbox Webpage Designer, which takes alot of skill time and effort, something you do not have Liam.
Anyway, because I am so wonderfully nice, I will help you with your forum and site if you wish.
But insult any of MY fellow staff members and I will bite your head off...
Got that?

Mentor
01-07-2005, 05:00 PM
I stand by my orgnal opion, athogh i kind of feel sorry for the normal liam as people are abbrivoiting !!!liam!!! to his name "/

Homesrfan
01-07-2005, 05:58 PM
The whole part of starting websites/forum is to deal with rejection.
You take suggestions and constructive criticism, like Mentor and many people gave you, and you build up from it.
Here are my suggestions.

Get a real IPB, not InvisionFree, there are less restrictions and you can get way better skins and mods.

Change Hosts Forget about freewebs. If you are really serious about your website, you will get past the 50 file limit (or whatever it is) and get a seroius cPanel host. You can find many free. I even have a thread, here: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=16480
Look under Free cPanel Hosts

And also as everyone has said, please change your forum so that people can view what they are in for before they sign up.

:) And thats it.
I tried to keep it 'non-rude' as many of you are easily hurt by CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

!!!Liam!!!
01-07-2005, 08:25 PM
http://www.teenmessageboards.tk/ TRY IT NOW... :l and mentor wth are you going on about? Are you trying to say I am not !!!liam!!! ? :S

Mentor
01-07-2005, 09:30 PM
and mentor wth are you going on about? Are you trying to say I am not !!!liam!!! ? :S

On this forum you have the alluis !!!liam!!! NOT liam, the owner of the alluis Liam, is not you.

!!!Liam!!!
01-07-2005, 11:42 PM
WTH? your trying to say it isnt my site? Incase you didnt notice it is NON habbo related, not everything is about habbo you know :/ So obviously Im not going to use my habbo name for everything
Oh yeah on my GCSE'S Name !!!liam!!!
Right... :S
I dont really like you :D

GommeInc
01-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Lol your so simple minded !!!liam!!! he ment you're not Liam (as in your name not being Liam it is !!!liam!!!)

!!!Liam!!!
01-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Right... He is bothered because...?
I made my habbo name !!!liam!!! in 2001 so obviously My typing has changed... :/ I made my habbox name exact to my habbo name for obvious reasons...?

anyway

*On holiday* See you all soon!

Mentor
01-07-2005, 11:48 PM
WTH? your trying to say it isnt my site? Incase you didnt notice it is NON habbo related, not everything is about habbo you know :/ So obviously Im not going to use my habbo name for everything
Oh yeah on my GCSE'S Name !!!liam!!!
Right... :S
I dont really like you :D
Ok this seems to be going way over your head. so ill give you one last try

People on forums, have a allius, the name there known by on it.

Yours = !!!liam!!!

And another persons = Liam

People refered to you as Liam, as an abbrivation of your account, just without stupid explination marks.

Liam - seems to be pretty good web deisgn, so im clafieing the comments were not aimed at him, due to sarcatsic indiction type commenting earlyer on, asking for people to be more persifc in who they target.

Is that easyer for you to understand

GommeInc
01-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Have a nice holiday Liam

:JaMhEd
02-07-2005, 12:02 AM
I got critizim wen i started making mrshabbo.com and im still getting it now, if theres no pint and they jusy say 'ur webbys ****' i just argue back blah! blah!

If they say somethings rubbish or this would be better, thats actually helping the site owner by getting other peoples views.

!!!Liam!!!
02-07-2005, 12:05 AM
:l You really need to get some friends.

02-07-2005, 12:07 AM
who does?

Mentor
02-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Him most likly.

Anyway :JaMhEd, as you said construtive critsizm is very useful for imrpoiving a site, if no one gives you any idea whats exspected or what they dont like yoru site would never improve, and would reamin rubbish, withs listening to cristizm, and slowly imroveing your site becomes more a more estabished, and better in genral, and that applys to all sites

GommeInc
02-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Liam's forum and site are going to fail badly. One of the most important things about owning one is taking complaints, critizism and ways to improve services. If he can't handle them, he might aswell get rid of his forum and freewebs site...

02-07-2005, 11:23 AM
I know, because without you, gomme, and plently other people who had comments on my site, it would be turd lolz

dadofdamatrix
02-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Liam like I said before...Grow up

ED::
02-07-2005, 02:56 PM
forums are so hard i may aswell pay sum1 to make 1 for me

:Blob
02-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Ill make one for ya

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!