PDA

View Full Version : Speakers Wont Work! +REP

Cells
04-10-2008, 01:22 PM
+Rep when I reach 100 posts for help.

Okay, Well they are turned on, (the green power button is on)

Its not muted on Volume Mixer.

I have check if its running correctly through device manager, and it is.

Im just stumped :(

Kevin
04-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Check that all wires to your pc/speakers are securely in, and not loose.

if that fails/:

Are they usb speakers?

Wayne
04-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Go to control panel>sounds and check that all sound levels are all high.

DieselShaq
04-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Maybe something inside the speaker is not functioning properly. My speakers used to only work when you press down onto the switch, so I detected that something in there was a bit loose. Then I took it apart, put something back straight (it was crooked) and they now work perfectly.

awelsh
04-10-2008, 03:33 PM
might be your sounds drivers, search "ac 97 audio drivers" on google an try them, fixed my problem. On this laptop though it didnt so I did system restore to 5 days earlier and the sound worked again :)

united-champ
06-10-2008, 05:09 PM
might be your sounds drivers, search "ac 97 audio drivers" on google an try them, fixed my problem. On this laptop though it didnt so I did system restore to 5 days earlier and the sound worked again :)

system restore wouldnt make em work.. :P

but you are best off, making sure your Sound Card drivers are installed, how are they connected? USB ? Front panel? or back? if in the back, and you have a sound card (seperate not the onaborad ****) look in your sound card program / manual to look for 'speaker set up' that will guide u how to connect.

Zak
07-10-2008, 10:07 PM
awelsh seems to have the right idea.

Most speakers don't work because there sound driver becomes out-dated.

Check which driver you have first

Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information

then click on Components then sound device.

Check your manufacturer and details and google for a new updated driver.

reeana
07-10-2008, 10:08 PM
If all fails, buy a new one. :)

awelsh
08-10-2008, 06:01 PM
system restore wouldnt make em work.. :P

but you are best off, making sure your Sound Card drivers are installed, how are they connected? USB ? Front panel? or back? if in the back, and you have a sound card (seperate not the onaborad ****) look in your sound card program / manual to look for 'speaker set up' that will guide u how to connect.

system restore fixed mine, all of a sudden the laptop wouldnt play music anymore as I had to sound drivers apparently :S

Tried re-downloading, updating etc... and it did nothing

System restore to days before when they were working sorted my problem anyway :)

Jordy
08-10-2008, 06:08 PM
If all fails, buy a new one. :)Yeah I must admit your contribution to the thread is very unique and original, if only everyone else thought of that?

I mean it's slightly obvious he'd buy new one's, he's not going to walk in Dixon's and shop lift some speakers :S

--
Back on topic, I'd just try them with another computer and see if they then work or not. You can test them with your MP3 Player (or iPod) if they're not USB too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!