PDA

View Full Version : Why do people even produce free layouts?

Tim.
04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Fair enough producing free layouts, but seriously whats the point in even adding them to a site, if once you've uploaded them - You're going to be slaughtered by everyone on habbox for adding a free layout to your site.. There doesnt really seem a point?

Xarea
04-10-2008, 09:19 PM
What the hell? People produce and provide free layouts because they want to? They'd like to help out others that cannot do it for themselves... much like donating to a charity? :rolleyes:

Excellent2
04-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Depends what kind of site you're adding it on. If you portray yourself as a design company and use a pre-made design you start to think wth?

H0BJ0B
04-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Indeed - it depends on the site as Excellent2 said. Actually, what he mentioned is EXACTLY what Liam from Big Brother did. He pretended he owned a big hosting company and stuff, yet his layout was a free one from the host he was with. If that's the case, where they use a layout made by someoone else which was free - then you will get slaughtered, however if you're using it for, let's say, a blog - you do not need to be design-savvy, and so using a free layout would be accepted as ok.

iJoe
05-10-2008, 12:29 AM
I see what you mean, had to read it twice.

People give them out whilst they develop skills and know they can't sell the layouts :P But yea, people do slate people for having free layouts...but...there are more people on the web then just the habbox forum community :)

Calon
05-10-2008, 12:15 PM
I've noticed that people are making them for design companies which I find pretty silly.

Blogs are the most used places for Free layouts, not websites.. blogs.

Sliding off topic, why are layouts so flipping dear? It could relate to why people create free layouts?

scottish
05-10-2008, 12:21 PM
They wish to develop their skills in coding.

--ss--
05-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Depends on the standards of the layout, if the layouts at a good standard everyone happily greats it but if the layout is poor and rubbish and not worth giving away then most people wouldn't say the thruth.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!