Inscribe
05-10-2008, 12:09 AM
I know on the site it says its for Win 2000, XP, XP64

But do you think it will work on vista?
Seems abit weird a keyboard only works on certain OS

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-019-SK

lolwut
05-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Saitek keyboards are appaling, I've said this in another thread but anyway; I'm stuck using them all the time at school and the keys have a cheap, plastic-y feel and aren't as crisp or responsive as some keyboards I've used. Also, in some cases Saitek keyboard have keys which are badly seated on the board and can break off or just stick down.

Admittedly, it could be different for you because the keyboards I'm talking about are about a fiver each... But, still, don't say I didn't warn you if it turns out appalling. :P

Also, the design on that particular model seems a real eye sore, anyone else agree? Or do I have bad taste...

Inscribe
05-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Im trying to look for a Key Lit keyboard & Wireless
For £30<

Can you recommend one?

Dentafrice
05-10-2008, 12:55 AM
I have that keyboard and it works for vista ;)

lolwut
05-10-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm not saying that all Saitek keyboards are bad, that ones a higher price than mine so I'd assume it could be okay...

Btw, couldn't you just get a non-backlit keyboard and get a ten pound desk lamp from Ikea or somewhere?

Jordy
05-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Im trying to look for a Key Lit keyboard & Wireless
For £30<

Can you recommend one?There is very few key lit keyboards and they're not usually wireless because they'd demand a bit more power (You'd be changing the batteries quite often). It's also difficult to find them wireless because key lit keyboards are usually for gamers, and gamers don't use wireless keyboards as it's not convenient for 10-hour+ gaming sessions and wireless keys react slighty slower than wired one's.

Dentafrice
05-10-2008, 11:39 AM
There is very few key lit keyboards and they're not usually wireless because they'd demand a bit more power (You'd be changing the batteries quite often). It's also difficult to find them wireless because key lit keyboards are usually for gamers, and gamers don't use wireless keyboards as it's not convenient for 10-hour+ gaming sessions and wireless keys react slighty slower than wired one's.
That and the fact that response times are proven better via wired, then wireless.

I would much rather have the security that the wireless isn't going to loose signal and have to reconnect (even WORSE with bluetooth based keyboard/mouse like I have now).

scottish
05-10-2008, 11:39 AM
That ones fine :P

The Professor
05-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I have a saitek eclipse I and its great, doesn't have any of the problems lolwut mentioned. I got it before the Eclipse II came out though and it looks so much better :'(

lolwut
05-10-2008, 01:51 PM
I have a saitek eclipse I and its great, doesn't have any of the problems lolwut mentioned. I got it before the Eclipse II came out though and it looks so much better :'(
Yeah i did kind of say that was my experience with Saitek alone. :rolleyes:

The Professor
05-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Yeah i did kind of say that was my experience with Saitek alone. :rolleyes:

And you also said you weren't sure about the more expensive ones so I was clarifying ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!