PDA

View Full Version : New rating system.

[Jay]
06-10-2008, 02:25 PM
I dont like it...I used to like being a platinum member now it goes back to ruby?
This only benefits those with 10000+ post counts for the rest of us its just more posting to get back to platinum...

--ss--
06-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Looks ugly, quite pointless doing this, most people liked having platinum but wan't something higher to reach (a rank aboce platinum) but doing this just makes it feel like we've gone backwards in the ranks just like you stated.

Heart Break Kid
06-10-2008, 02:48 PM
well its a good job you cant get it up easily now ;)
it will give us plenty of time to max it so then they can introduce more :P

Meti
06-10-2008, 02:49 PM
i agree

why didn't you just change ruby member with sapphire, and remove ruby? :D

GommeInc
06-10-2008, 02:52 PM
The only problem I have is that they must of changed the features you get for ranking up although thinking over it now, was there really a need to change the ranks? If anything something above Platinum which is at like 20,000 posts with a snazzy name that ISN'T to do with a precious material would of been cool. Something made up and Habbox like :P

jackass
06-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Has platinum gone!?

I like sapphire but I had ruby... I don't want to go back to ruby once i'm done with sapphire! :'(

GommeInc
06-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Has platinum gone!?

I like sapphire but I had ruby... I don't want to go back to ruby once i'm done with sapphire! :'(
Nope, it's something like 20,000 posts and to get 5 platinum stars is 40,000 :)

--ss--
06-10-2008, 02:55 PM
I just realized that I haven't got any :D.

GommeInc
06-10-2008, 02:59 PM
On another subject, is the Bug Tracker meant to disappear when you leave the Pixel Artists group? I imagine it might be a problem with the Emerald UserGroup...

Rixion
06-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I like sapphire but ruby again - bleurgh

jackass
06-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Nope, it's something like 20,000 posts and to get 5 platinum stars is 40,000 :)

WHAT!?

No one has 40,000 posts, and they never will!

And...

PUT SAPPHIRE AFTER RUBY!! :'(

[Jay]
06-10-2008, 03:04 PM
I agree with --ss-- even thought his vip :P its like we gone back in ranking not foward.
Its to much to get to platinum and most people who have that many posts are vip so they dont even get the rankings.

AgnesIO
06-10-2008, 03:06 PM
I dont like how, i used the have 300 pm space as ruby, but now i can only have 250 :S

It makes it pointless...

Heart Break Kid
06-10-2008, 03:07 PM
i just hate how my storage box has declined by 50 :'(

Hiro
06-10-2008, 03:09 PM
I really like Saphire, but ive got another 6 months left of VIP, so I won't be seeing it under my name for a while :(

Axel
06-10-2008, 03:11 PM
theyre making this like runescape tbh.

you now need 13 mil xp for 99 (i mean 20000 posts for platinum)

GommeInc
06-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Hmmm, there's no way you could edit the usergroups to keep it realistic, without puting some stones forward than others, which kinda destroys the whole "precious stone/materials" theme :P Only way to really do it would be to either get rid of either Sapphire, Ruby or Emerald to free up space so members can be where they were (afterall, the norm for ranking changes is that they either stay put or go up a tiny bit, not backwards) and to make it realistic when it comes to adding stars. The other option would be to heavily edit anything pre-sapphire so that new members have more usergroups to go through while us oldies can still be where we were, although platinum is the only material that makes sense, unless someone with a creative mind comes up with a new usergroup to come after platinum which isn't a material, something to do with power, legendary status etc (obviously not to say you have lots of power etc :P)

AgnesIO
06-10-2008, 03:14 PM
The gya thing is having to delete 30 of my PM messages to have space :l

Slowpoke
06-10-2008, 03:17 PM
I think ruby should come before Sapphire, everyone hates ruby!

Wootzeh
06-10-2008, 03:20 PM
20k posts? ***!! lower the post count needed.

--ss--
06-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Obviously make a legendary status that only users who have been registered on the forum since 04/05 and have over 10k posts can only enter. :).

Recursion
06-10-2008, 03:24 PM
I liked my Platinum :(

Axel
06-10-2008, 03:26 PM
I have made a shocking discovery.
Ruby is more precious than emerald, so why is Emerald ranked higher?

jackass
06-10-2008, 03:27 PM
I think ruby should come before Sapphire, everyone hates ruby!

Yeah, Ruby is DISGUSTING! :(

GommeInc
06-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Replace Ruby with Sapphire, problem solved :D Now all they need to do is sort out Platinum :/

Slowpoke
06-10-2008, 03:29 PM

No, that doesn't matter, Ruby should be moved down below Sapphire because it's well ugly (I honestly couldn't bare to look at the Ruby Stars for 10'000 posts)!

[Jay]
06-10-2008, 03:30 PM
OMG!!!! thats well bad

e5
06-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Feels like you've gone down ranks now doesn't it? lol

Axel
06-10-2008, 03:31 PM
;5163173']OMG!!!! thats well bad

Ye cos like, on Runescape it goes Sapphire < Emerald < Ruby < Diamond.

[Jay]
06-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Oh yeh it does as well...see where would habbox be without the rs people

jackass
06-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Whatever happens, I would leave if I had to stick with Ruby for 10,000 posts, seriously. :P

Neil
06-10-2008, 05:38 PM
I don't have a problem with the ranking system being changed but what really confused me is I'm 5 star ruby, I should be 3 star because I'm only like 2k after 5k posts? Am I going to be stuck 5 star ruby for another 2400 or so posts? o.O

[Jay]
06-10-2008, 05:41 PM
I don't have a problem with the ranking system being changed but what really confused me is I'm 5 star ruby, I should be 3 star because I'm only like 2k after 5k posts? Am I going to be stuck 5 star ruby for another 2400 or so posts? o.O
Yes you are

Supersam
06-10-2008, 06:06 PM
People asked for more ranks and theres more ranks.

Now they want less ranks.... ahhh.

I suppose the amount of posts per star could be lowered.... because its pretty odd that it would take soo many just to get another ruby star...

VPSwow
06-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I just hope this doesnt make lots of people want to be "post friendly" (spamming) all the time.

Slowpoke
06-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Whatever happens, I would leave if I had to stick with Ruby for 10,000 posts, seriously. :P

It's actually 5000 posts for Ruby but that's still way too many in my opinion, I really wish they'd switch Ruby and Sapphire round, Ruby is disgusting! :(

GommeInc
06-10-2008, 06:42 PM
It's actually 5000 posts for Ruby but that's still way too many in my opinion, I really wish they'd switch Ruby and Sapphire round, Ruby is disgusting! :(
I think get rid of it, if loads of people hate it that much. I don't even like it, and I can't remember if I ever had that! :P

The idea behind this rating update seems to be "post, because YOU enjoy it," judging by the way the update thread says "This will keep you occupied" etc etc. It was fine before hand, it just needed something to expand it a little, not alot like it seems to of done, especially when it's effected member features like avatars and PMs. Updates are meant to not effect members in that way, they're either meant to keep members where they are or upgrade them a little. Going backwards wasn't what people had in mind :P

Leetzgirl
06-10-2008, 06:43 PM
I dont care, it only hxf

jackass
06-10-2008, 06:43 PM

Agreed, then I don't have to wait as long to get rid of it!

And Ruby is worth LESS than Sapphire anyway, so it doesn't really make any sense...

Recursion
06-10-2008, 07:02 PM
40,000 posts for 5 star Platinum? I hope thats a joke...

--ss--
06-10-2008, 07:06 PM
People asked for more ranks and theres more ranks.

Now they want less ranks.... ahhh.

I suppose the amount of posts per star could be lowered.... because its pretty odd that it would take soo many just to get another ruby star...
Nope, people asked for a rank above Platinum as a few members had already reached 10k posts, no one wanted some new stupidly high requirements to reach the rank they previously was at ;).
I don't see anyone reaching 40k posts any time soon, will take atleast another 4 or 5 years with alot of posting.

Alupe
06-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I havent got any :(

Edit: o yes i have :D

Recursion
06-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't want to have to gain another 10,000 posts now to get to the Rank I was at before, this is another stupid mistake by the stupid forum management staff.

AgnesIO
06-10-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't want to have to gain another 10,000 posts now to get to the Rank I was at before, this is another stupid mistake by the stupid forum management staff.

No.

You are right about 10K posts, however the concept what management have done is about right, however the emerald rank should of gone ABOVE platinum.

Recursion
06-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Yes, they have turned yet another good idea into something bad.

GommeInc
06-10-2008, 07:20 PM
No.

You are right about 10K posts, however the concept what management have done is about right, however the emerald rank should of gone ABOVE platinum.
That would be a mess though, platinum looks better than green :/ The concept was good, but they implemented it wrong, by forcing people to lose parts of their features and having the majority of the forum having to work towards their old rank, which they shouldn't be. The point of the ranking system change was to set new goals, not old ones that were completed before :/

Recursion
06-10-2008, 07:21 PM
I like the concept, I just don't want to have to work for my old rank once again, and I can no longer use priviledges like 150x150 avatars... because of this new system

GommeInc
06-10-2008, 07:22 PM
I like the concept, I just don't want to have to work for my old rank once again, and I can no longer use priviledges like 150x150 avatars... because of this new system
You're VIP, it shouldn't effect you until you run out :P

Recursion
06-10-2008, 07:23 PM
I only bought it yesterday so I could get a name change LMAO. Im not buying it for a looonggg time once it runs out, I don't wanna give my money to forum that is actually turning all the good ideas on their heads :P

Invent
06-10-2008, 07:26 PM
lol hxf is never happy

AgnesIO
06-10-2008, 07:38 PM
That would be a mess though, platinum looks better than green :/ The concept was good, but they implemented it wrong, by forcing people to lose parts of their features and having the majority of the forum having to work towards their old rank, which they shouldn't be. The point of the ranking system change was to set new goals, not old ones that were completed before :/

Lol thats exactly what i said. :S

I only used Enerald as the example, i mean platinum should still be top, but the concept as i said is right, they just havent added up the posts right. I mean most members havent even posts 4000 times, neevr mind 40,000 :P

le harry
06-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Wooh, i'm so far off now lol. I like the change though. :)

Arch
06-10-2008, 11:46 PM
;5163190']Oh yeh it does as well...see where would habbox be without the rs people

Exactly!!!

Yepp

Also it don't really matter seeing as does anyone post on this forum just to see what memeber they are ? no so really shouldnt matter.

IceNineKills
07-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't give a damn about what colour stars are under my name?

GommeInc
07-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't give a damn about what colour stars are under my name?
It's not just about the stars, it's the fact that some of us have lost alot of features which we shouldn't of, like PM storage. Loads of members may possibly be breaking the rules with avatar sizes too.

nvrspk4
07-10-2008, 05:51 AM
The point behind this update was to create a system where we don't, as you say, have to keep adding new ranks and new ranks. This usersystem will stay in place for years, if not more.

The usersystem is designer to reward all members, but to provide the best rewards to the top members. Platinum membership is supposed to be something very difficult to achieve. Bear in mind - platinum members almost share the features of VIPs. They have the same avatar and profile picture size, they can both go invisible, same sized signature. The VIP pays the money for a colored name, name changes, user titles, seeing who repped you and 15 rep a month as well as other side features like the VIP Lounge and closing your own threads. So if you're going to get a lot of the features for VIP then we want to give it to loyal members.

At this point, I realize this is not quite attainable. But this system is geared towards the future. In 2005 I doubt people would expect multiple users to be over 10,000 posts. Actually I know that's true because having a few thousand posts was really something, golly gee. And of course nobody would stay around long enough to make that many posts! Hey wait a minute...

As time goes on people will achieve the rank. Not many people will, and not everyone is supposed to. When you consider it, ANY rank in the promotion system is better than what a normal user got prior to the system. However to have the top rank as easily accessible defeats the purpose of the rank system.

We were asked to implement new ranks to make the goals of the system higher. However features had to go down as we were not going to simply increase the maximums allowed so we could tack on another UG, 150x150 and 700x300 will most probably remain the top sizes for a long time. I say most probably because I can't say that for certain. But regardless, to add in a new rank the features of all the others had to go down.

People are complaining that they lost features, well yes and I know that its a little annoying, but the reason we are doing this now is to prevent from doing it repeatedly in the future. Like I said, you can expect this to hold constant for at least two years, probably closer to four, if not more. Thus our aim was forward-reaching. If you're really that bothered about the color of the stars under your name, buy VIP, though I really don't think it matters that much the color of the stars under your name. Also, when you look at it, members lost, at maximum, about 20x20 off of their avatar for those who dropped from platinum to ruby. Members lost about 50 PMs (I believe...) however you really don't lose that much, yes you may keep 250-300 PMs, but that's just because you're too lazy to delete it (I'm coming up on my 10,000th PM as I really couldn't be assed to delete them but I have to eventually, I however do need to keep my PMs as often I need to keep things from previous days/months for reference, and downloading them to a CSS file wouldn't make sense. Ok, being the GM I get *some* perks, but honestly I don't think the average member wil suffer immensely from the loss of 50 PMs. I understand its annoying but that's why we're trying to do this right, once.

As far as Ruby and Sapphire go, I actually don't think it would be a big deal to simply switch them. However, to do so, the forum would have to submit unconditionally to my Pokemon interpretation of userranks, and for our purposes we will consider bronze a mixture of Red, Blue, and Yellow (when you mix enough colors together you get brown anyway :eusa_whis). But yeah the Ruby and Sapphire versions were the same release, so technically they're interchangeable, but the emerald is like second tier if you know what I mean. Here, I'll try and explain.

[Center]Generation 1 (Johto?)
Red and Blue
Yellow

Generation 2 (Kanto?)
Gold and Silver
Crystal

Generation 3 (Idkto?)
Ruby and Sapphire
Emerald

Generation 4 (Stilldkto?)
Pearl and Diamond (future userranks if we ever need em tbh)
Platinum[/Quote]

So yeah, basically I am cool.

EDIT: As far as avatar rulebreaking goes, we will obviously be lenient for a little bit for people to get adjusted, we may go down the list of ruby sapphire emerald and platinum members to see individually.

Slowpoke
07-10-2008, 06:01 AM
As far as Ruby and Sapphire go, I actually don't think it would be a big deal to simply switch them. However, to do so, the forum would have to submit unconditionally to my Pokemon interpretation of userranks, and for our purposes we will consider bronze a mixture of Red, Blue, and Yellow (when you mix enough colors together you get brown anyway :eusa_whis). But yeah the Ruby and Sapphire versions were the same release, so technically they're interchangeable, but the emerald is like second tier if you know what I mean. Here, I'll try and explain.

I guess the reason a lot of us want Ruby and Sapphire to be switched around is because Ruby has been around for ages and lot of people have already passed that rank and don't want to have to go through it all again.

[Jay]
07-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Nvrspk4 are you serious? You actually think someone is going to achive 40000 posts??? Even if they do they will probs quit by then it will take more then 5 years to get that. People will leave habboxforum before they get that. I think its to high and i personally dont even like the stars i liked platinum and features where good as well with platinum but apart from that the rest are ugly. I would rather have no stars.

--ss--
07-10-2008, 06:48 PM
The emerald stars are quite nice but quite unfair that they replace the platinum stars which were fine as they were :'(

nvrspk4
08-10-2008, 06:27 AM
;5167295']Nvrspk4 are you serious? You actually think someone is going to achive 40000 posts??? Even if they do they will probs quit by then it will take more then 5 years to get that. People will leave habboxforum before they get that. I think its to high and i personally dont even like the stars i liked platinum and features where good as well with platinum but apart from that the rest are ugly. I would rather have no stars.

People will reach 40,000 posts, three years ago nobody would have dreamed of someone sticking around long enough to make 22,000 :)

AgnesIO
08-10-2008, 06:53 AM
The point behind this update was to create a system where we don't, as you say, have to keep adding new ranks and new ranks. This usersystem will stay in place for years, if not more.

The usersystem is designer to reward all members, but to provide the best rewards to the top members. Platinum membership is supposed to be something very difficult to achieve. Bear in mind - platinum members almost share the features of VIPs. They have the same avatar and profile picture size, they can both go invisible, same sized signature. The VIP pays the money for a colored name, name changes, user titles, seeing who repped you and 15 rep a month as well as other side features like the VIP Lounge and closing your own threads. So if you're going to get a lot of the features for VIP then we want to give it to loyal members.

At this point, I realize this is not quite attainable. But this system is geared towards the future. In 2005 I doubt people would expect multiple users to be over 10,000 posts. Actually I know that's true because having a few thousand posts was really something, golly gee. And of course nobody would stay around long enough to make that many posts! Hey wait a minute...

As time goes on people will achieve the rank. Not many people will, and not everyone is supposed to. When you consider it, ANY rank in the promotion system is better than what a normal user got prior to the system. However to have the top rank as easily accessible defeats the purpose of the rank system.

We were asked to implement new ranks to make the goals of the system higher. However features had to go down as we were not going to simply increase the maximums allowed so we could tack on another UG, 150x150 and 700x300 will most probably remain the top sizes for a long time. I say most probably because I can't say that for certain. But regardless, to add in a new rank the features of all the others had to go down.

People are complaining that they lost features, well yes and I know that its a little annoying, but the reason we are doing this now is to prevent from doing it repeatedly in the future. Like I said, you can expect this to hold constant for at least two years, probably closer to four, if not more. Thus our aim was forward-reaching. If you're really that bothered about the color of the stars under your name, buy VIP, though I really don't think it matters that much the color of the stars under your name. Also, when you look at it, members lost, at maximum, about 20x20 off of their avatar for those who dropped from platinum to ruby. Members lost about 50 PMs (I believe...) however you really don't lose that much, yes you may keep 250-300 PMs, but that's just because you're too lazy to delete it (I'm coming up on my 10,000th PM as I really couldn't be assed to delete them but I have to eventually, I however do need to keep my PMs as often I need to keep things from previous days/months for reference, and downloading them to a CSS file wouldn't make sense. Ok, being the GM I get *some* perks, but honestly I don't think the average member wil suffer immensely from the loss of 50 PMs. I understand its annoying but that's why we're trying to do this right, once.

[center]Generation 1 (Johto?)
Red and Blue
Yellow

Generation 2 (Kanto?)
Gold and Silver
Crystal

Generation 3 (Idkto?)
Ruby and Sapphire
Emerald

Generation 4 (Stilldkto?)
Pearl and Diamond (future userranks if we ever need em tbh)
Platinum

So yeah, basically I am cool.

EDIT: As far as avatar rulebreaking goes, we will obviously be lenient for a little bit for people to get adjusted, we may go down the list of ruby sapphire emerald and platinum members to see individually.[/quote]

You mentioned having to keep around 10,000 PM's because siome of them can be important..

However as i selling around 10 months of VIP per month, i need to keep many of my PM's incase sales go wrong etc, as evidence.

Hmmmm :D

nvrspk4
08-10-2008, 06:57 AM
You mentioned having to keep around 10,000 PM's because siome of them can be important..

However as i selling around 10 months of VIP per month, i need to keep many of my PM's incase sales go wrong etc, as evidence.

Hmmmm :D

So you can keep a years worth of records and still have half your inbox free..? On top of that you can download them to a CSV file.

AgnesIO
08-10-2008, 06:58 AM
So you can keep a years worth of records and still have half your inbox free..? On top of that you can download them to a CSV file.

A years worth?

Naa, coz i get multiple PM's per sale ;)

I must of had 50 PMs in the last month or so.

nvrspk4
08-10-2008, 07:00 AM
A years worth?

Naa, coz i get multiple PM's per sale ;)

I must of had 50 PMs in the last month or so.

Yes, but once the sale goes through then you're in the clear anyway so you don't need to keep all of them, the final PM confirming would suffice...

--ss--
08-10-2008, 02:35 PM
My pm box of just 600 is almost full up, increase it for the ranks pl0x :o

AgnesIO
08-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Yes, but once the sale goes through then you're in the clear anyway so you don't need to keep all of them, the final PM confirming would suffice...

You know the issue that happened with TAYLOOOOR the other day - That was a month old!

Funny that seems to have gone very quiet, since i gave evidence...

[Jay]
08-10-2008, 04:42 PM
People will reach 40,000 posts, three years ago nobody would have dreamed of someone sticking around long enough to make 22,000 :)
Yes but thats nearly double that, we are tallking more then 10 years to reach that for the avrage poster like me.
Why cant you just listen to evryone...not alot of people like this new update. Make a poll and I predict that around 3/4 of members will agree that its not a good update
Why is managment so convinced that thier ideas are right for the forum and never listen to the members.
Dont really see the point in having forum feedback.

Slowpoke
08-10-2008, 05:16 PM

Jamie made 20'000+ of those in seven or eight months. :P

today
08-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I would rather have plat again and then work for something higher!!

---MAD---
08-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Hmm, if it's true people lost features because of the ranking expansion then that clearly needs sorting out. People shouldn't be losing any features because of this change, instead able to gain more by going up ranks especially for those who were at 5 platinum stars and gaining nothing out of posting more.

today
08-10-2008, 05:51 PM
We shouldnt of gone down in ranks at all, we should of had ranks AFTER the platinmun, not before.

Slowpoke
08-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Hmm, if it's true people lost features because of the ranking expansion then that clearly needs sorting out. People shouldn't be losing any features because of this change, instead able to gain more by going up ranks especially for those who were at 5 platinum stars and gaining nothing out of posting more.

A lot of people will have to change their avatars, profile pictures and signatures because the limits have changed (see here (http://www.habboxforum.com/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item1#faq_new_faq_item_userpos tranks)). Members have also lost PM space and anyone who was using the invisible setting as a platinum member before can no longer do so.

We shouldnt of gone down in ranks at all, we should of had ranks AFTER the platinmun, not before.

I don't agree with that.

---MAD---
08-10-2008, 05:56 PM
As long as you don't lose features, I don't think the name matters much. The only problem here is it seems general management have forgotten how hard it is to even get to 5000 posts let alone 20,000.

A lot of people will have to change their avatars, profile pictures and signatures because the limits have changed (see here (http://www.habboxforum.com/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item1#faq_new_faq_item_userpos tranks)). Members have also lost PM space and anyone who was using the invisible setting as a platinum member before can no longer do so.

Yeah I noticed that. I pmed nvrspk4 about it - it clearly hasn't been thought out fully.

Slowpoke
08-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah I noticed that. I pmed nvrspk4 about it - it clearly hasn't been thought out fully.

The main thing that annoyed me after the new changes were implimented is that I noticed that myself and a fair few other members will have to go through the rank of Ruby all over again which just seems pretty pointless. Surely, since Sapphire is a new colour and rank, that should take Ruby's place then no-one has to repeat a rank.

---MAD---
08-10-2008, 06:07 PM
The main thing that annoyed me after the new changes were implimented is that I noticed that myself and a fair few other members will have to go through the rank of Ruby all over again which just seems pretty pointless. Surely, since Sapphire is a new colour and rank, that should take Ruby's place then no-one has to repeat a rank.
As long as the new ruby offers something new then it's fine, not ideal though but we will survive I am sure ;).

AgnesIO
08-10-2008, 06:08 PM
;5170259']Yes but thats nearly double that, we are tallking more then 10 years to reach that for the avrage poster like me.
Why cant you just listen to evryone...not alot of people like this new update. Make a poll and I predict that around 3/4 of members will agree that its not a good update
Why is managment so convinced that thier ideas are right for the forum and never listen to the members.
Dont really see the point in having forum feedback.

You may have liked having platinum but clearly you will not have it anymore ;) :D

It is true. I lost FIFTY PM's coz of it, but we lose other stuff :(

[Jay]
08-10-2008, 06:09 PM
As long as you don't lose features, I don't think the name matters much. The only problem here is it seems general management have forgotten how hard it is to even get to 5000 posts let alone 20,000.

Yeh that will be good if we could still keep our features and lowered the posts a bit. Im glad to see you understand.
Thankyou
Dj-dominator, it wasent that much about having platinum, i wasent even aware that you had extra features for being platinum lol. I was just saying that it is extremly hard to achive the post counts they have set. And it was a bit unfair that we had to achive a rank which we had alredy achived again.

Slowpoke
08-10-2008, 06:10 PM
As long as the new ruby offers something new then it's fine, not ideal though but we will survive I am sure ;).

Reduced avatar size and PM space.

Coldplay
08-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Basically... Mad is right.

All users should be the same as they were before, but then Platinum should practically BE VIP.

Sammeth.
08-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Basically... Mad is right.

All users should be the same as they were before, but then Platinum should practically BE VIP.
It practically is already.

jackass
08-10-2008, 07:04 PM

I won't survive, because now I have to go through it all AGAIN for another 5000 (or whatever it is) posts! :(

IceNineKills
08-10-2008, 08:41 PM
I won't survive, because now I have to go through it all AGAIN for another 5000 (or whatever it is) posts! :(

Why do you care? You're VIP.

today
08-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Why do you care? You're VIP.
Just cus hes vip doesnt mean he HAS to like the changes.

Wootzeh
13-10-2008, 10:36 AM
bump, :) this forums been open for 4years and only 11people have more than 10k posts. Think about it.

le harry
13-10-2008, 11:09 AM
yayyyyyy!

today
13-10-2008, 01:06 PM
yayyyyyy!
has it been changed or your happy you got out of ruby? lol.

le harry
13-10-2008, 01:12 PM
im happy im not platinum anymore lol i was over it

GommeInc
13-10-2008, 04:39 PM
bump, :) this forums been open for 4years and only 11people have more than 10k posts. Think about it.
Hmmm, good point. That means they are focusing on making sure this current system works for 4 or so more years... That won't work :/

nvrspk4
14-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Hmmm, good point. That means they are focusing on making sure this current system works for 4 or so more years... That won't work :/

Pray tell why not?

Wootzeh
14-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Pray tell why not?
4years, 11people have over 10k posts(say they all had 10k posts), to reach 36k posts would take around about 16years? thus meaning it would take even longer for other people to get it.

GommeInc
14-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Pray tell why not?
Because you're meant to update the rating system as you go along, not plan ahead as that shows lazyness, and causes issues along the way :P And as Wootzeh said, it'll take years for people to reach that, it's a level not many will reach when you want them to reach it, otherwise, what was the point in updating it :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!