PDA

View Full Version : This whole thread closing thing

Technologic
06-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Seriously, bad move by 'management' Are they too blind to see that people used these threads for legit purpouses? I'm sure most will agree that it was stupid to go around closing all these threads

Recursion
06-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Please keep to one thread but yes I 100% agree, it was stupid.

AMERlCA...
06-10-2008, 08:09 PM
i know i totally agree

Technologic
06-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Post your setup
The funny pictures thread
Post your PSN network names

List goes on

Ohirian
06-10-2008, 08:13 PM
The Funny pictures thread got closed :O
That used to make me laugh, especially after Rugby training :(

Technologic
06-10-2008, 08:15 PM
It's stupid really and ofc this thread is about to be moved into complaints so nobody can post in it....

Recursion
06-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Of course, because again, they don't want to hear what the users like and dislike ;)

AMERlCA...
06-10-2008, 08:21 PM
The best thing to do is contact mangement or even contact the moderation manager aka Professor-Alex

bo$$
06-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Couldn't mods just delete the spam/irrelevant posts and deal with the users rather then locking the threads?

Recursion
06-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Exactly! We have mods for a reason!!

Technologic
06-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Couldn't mods just delete the spam/irrelevant posts and deal with the users rather then locking the threads?
They're too buys closing threads to bother with checking posts

Recursion
06-10-2008, 08:26 PM
WHy didn't they delete the Desktop thread then?

bo$$
06-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Well then the only advice I could give you would be to take it up with higher management via PM and it may get sorted.

The Professor
06-10-2008, 08:27 PM
The best thing to do is contact mangement or even contact the moderation manager aka Professor-Alex

I manage moderation, not stickies ;) The decision was made by forum management which currently consist of myself, Nick, Joshuar, (I think)brandon, the AGMs and nvr. I can answer questions but am not in a position to change anything without discussing with the rest of management first.

JackBuddy
Of course, because again, they don't want to hear what the users like and dislike ;)
I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying, but be careful with what you post...

Recursion
I hope you weren't going along with this Alex. If you did them im very dissapointed in you, infact you would no longer be my son. LOL

I don't want to be careful, IDC, they can ban, infract do whatever, im not breaking any rules :)

AMERlCA...
06-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I manage moderation, not stickies ;) The decision was made by forum management which currently consist of myself, Nick, Joshuar, (I think)brandon, the AGMs and nvr. I can answer questions but am not in a position to change anything without discussing with the rest of management first.

:O my bad

The Professor
06-10-2008, 08:35 PM
I hope you weren't going along with this Alex. If you did them im very dissapointed in you, infact you would no longer be my son. LOL

I don't want to be careful, IDC, they can ban, infract do whatever, im not breaking any rules :)

Except the negativity rule ;) You can say what you like about the change but we don't take kindly to people saying we move to complaints to avoid people talking about it, answers simply get given quicker there. This thread is just stating an opinion and is clearly for discussion rather than a specific answer by management so let it fly.

samsaBEAR
06-10-2008, 08:36 PM
why did you close the 'most played_____ thread?'
there was no spam, eveyrthign was on topic "/
explain.

Coldplay
06-10-2008, 08:44 PM
why did you close the 'most played_____ thread?'
there was no spam, eveyrthign was on topic "/
explain.

:( Spam tbh.

Neil
06-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Generally I don't have a problem with decisions "management" make on habbox but this is seriously the worst possible made, it seems completely unnessercary to me, it makes no sense since I've yet to see a thread of this "type" that actually has much spam in it, the ones in console gaming were completely legit and all of them got shut, it's just plain stupid

DaveTaylor
06-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Righto,

Where do I start? Ok the major threads have been closed but the reason is absurd, the fact that I am based mostly in the technology forum and noticed the post your setup thread was removed has taken a chuck out of our area of speak, alot of the posts where based on what hardware etc was posted and pictures obviously in that single thread from cable management to part discussion yes you will argue that we could make a new thread about cable management or parts in the actually forum itself over and over and over and over, yes spam is the idea I am trying to correct, the decision was awful and would myself personally want it reviewed as alot of discussion for just the technology was in that thread alone.

samsaBEAR
06-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Especially in the Music section, I could udnerstand if you closed the 'What are you listening to thread? because people use that to get their post count out (hello me wiht like 3000+ posts in that thread :() but not the others, like the one i mentioend earlier, 'what is your most played _____' or the 'rate the artist above you' ones.
has there even been an explanation for this?

Technologic
06-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Especially in the Music section, I could udnerstand if you closed the 'What are you listening to thread? because people use that to get their post count out (hello me wiht like 3000+ posts in that thread :() but not the others, like the one i mentioend earlier, 'what is your most played _____' or the 'rate the artist above you' ones.
Management feels it's in our best interests is the reason.

The Undertaker
06-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Totally agreed. They close at least 3 good, useful threads in the music section yet keep open the thread that people use to get their post count up the most :rolleyes:

samsaBEAR
06-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Management feels it's in our best interests is the reason.
by taking away valuable threads? they were stickied for a reason "/

Andys
06-10-2008, 09:18 PM
worst idea ever.
bring back the threads!

Leetzgirl
06-10-2008, 09:20 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=524366

Lol, he got fired..

nvrspk4
07-10-2008, 06:05 AM
Hey everyone,

We have had some issues recently with "What are you ____" threads. After discussion forum management has decided that all "What are you _____", with one exception will be closed. The reason for this is we believe that the purpose of the forum is to create a community and discussion. These posts do not foster a discussion, nor do they foster a community, you post your thing, and move on then someone else posts theirs and moves on. A forum is supposed to be a community, a thread a discussion. The What are you ____ threads are not discussions.

The What are you Listening To thread is the ONE exception we are making, because we feel that this one thread does have a significant purpose in that you can get popular songs from other people before you and often some interaction does go on. However, it will now be closely moderated, and posts that aren't songs (ie theme tunes, listening to the rain patter on my windowsill) will be considered pointless. The "What are you listening to" thread will also serve as a test ground, we will see if watching it more closely works and in the future we may allow other similar threads if they foster a discussion between parties. However for the moment, all threads to do with "What are you _____" will be closed under the pointless posting rule.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Individual threads can be appealed via personal message to myself and Professor-Alex. Threads will be decided on a case by case basis.

In this situation, due to the volume of threads, instead of closing them one by one the well used ones would be appealed and we could reopen them. Its simply a much more time-effective way to do things which is why we chose to do it this way :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!