PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 3G

[Chris]
08-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Ok, so i've been thinking about getting a 3G, well i have a few questions, so if anyone would care to answer, i would be very grateful

Do you NEED a Credit/Debit card?

Is jailbreaking a problem?

would you recommend one, i dont really like the price tag BUT, i recon its worth it..

[Chris]
08-10-2008, 08:20 PM
ADDING

Also - Can you use the iphones WiFi without paying to use the other internet?
And whats this 'Mono' and 'Stereo' Bluetooth?

Frizzoo
08-10-2008, 09:49 PM
When you are on a WiFi network all the applications that needs internet use WiFi, but if you are not in a place where there is a WiFi network then all the data is from Edge/3G. Mono bluetooth is where the sound is in mono (one speaker) and stereo is 2 speakers and the iPhone only supports mono.
I am not from the UK but you need a iTunes account to download programs to it, wich requires a creditcard number.
I have not jailbreaked mine, but if you do then you have to wait a few days to install the new updates :) And yes i would recommend it, and the App Store is amazing there is tons of fun and useful apps :D

[Chris]
08-10-2008, 10:19 PM
When you are on a WiFi network all the applications that needs internet use WiFi, but if you are not in a place where there is a WiFi network then all the data is from Edge/3G. Mono bluetooth is where the sound is in mono (one speaker) and stereo is 2 speakers and the iPhone only supports mono.
I am not from the UK but you need a iTunes account to download programs to it, wich requires a creditcard number.
I have not jailbreaked mine, but if you do then you have to wait a few days to install the new updates :) And yes i would recommend it, and the App Store is amazing there is tons of fun and useful apps :D

Ahh, i get it now, is there any way to disable Edge/3G? as i dont particulary like spending my credit without realising haha.. I have my touch jailbroken and its ALOT better tbh, i recommend breaking it.. the app store costs.. pftt cydia and installer 2.0 FTW!

Recursion
08-10-2008, 10:21 PM
You just click cancel at the creditcard prompt and it still creates the account with no card details.

[Chris]
08-10-2008, 11:00 PM
You just click cancel at the creditcard prompt and it still creates the account with no card details.

Ah, ok then as i dont really plan on using the app store :@ charging you for stuff you can get for free :P

What about disabling Edge/3G

Shawnstra
09-10-2008, 02:33 AM
;5171834']Ah, ok then as i dont really plan on using the app store :@ charging you for stuff you can get for free :P

What about disabling Edge/3G

Ok so usually when you're out of WiFi and you have push mail on, it will use Edge or 3G. To disable it, Go to Settings > General > Network > VPN. Change it to something other than what it is (keep the actual name somewhere like in the "notes" app just in case you need to use it). Then, when you try to access anything on the internet when you're not on wifi (try whether it works by turning off WiFi) like Weather, Youtube, Safari, Mail (dw you can still view messages, not download), an error message will pop up. Then you know it works. Works in Singapore not sure about UK. If all else fails, call them up to tell them to disable 3G/Edge for you.

[Chris]
09-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Ah, ok thanks <3

Uhh, how much would i get for my touch? 8gb, no pronlems, no visual damage (scratches ect) box, wires and EVERYTHING

Johno
09-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I would say you would get anywhere from £100-£140 for a 8GB iPod Touch :)

VPSwow
09-10-2008, 08:07 PM
You might want to review what you want it for before you purchase. After buying mine i realised it missed these essential features;

Camera doesnt have video recording.
Picture messaging is not an option.
No forward or save message.
Lacks some other essential features aswell.

Antallica
09-10-2008, 08:41 PM
I would say you would get anywhere from £100-£140 for a 8GB iPod Touch :)

I agree.

If it's good enough condition then im sure you'll get that amount at least mate.

[Chris]
09-10-2008, 09:06 PM
You might want to review what you want it for before you purchase. After buying mine i realised it missed these essential features;

Camera doesnt have video recording. - Does with a program when its jailbroken
Picture messaging is not an option. - I dont really use picture messaging
No forward or save message. - There was in 2.0.2, but so many people upgraded to 2.1 so quick, it wasnt noticed
Lacks some other essential features aswell. - It has most/all of the features i need tbh

So yeah, that sounds about right

Thanks guys

blanky12!
10-10-2008, 08:42 AM
I love my iPhone, it's brill. I can do what ever I want, access where I want for free.. etc..
Mail when I want, etc.

It's the perfect phone :)

[Chris]
10-10-2008, 03:36 PM
I love my iPhone, it's brill. I can do what ever I want, access where I want for free.. etc..
Mail when I want, etc.

Yeah, it is.. now i just need somewhere to sell my touch

Recursion
10-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Mail when I want, etc.

Seriously stop talking about it...

Its not free, you pay every months for all that usage.

[Chris]
11-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Seriously stop talking about it...

Its not free, you pay every months for all that usage.

Actully, your wrong :) when you buy a 3G you get a sim which allows 12 months of unlimited interwebs <3

Recursion
11-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes but you still pay for it ;p

[Chris]
12-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Yes but you still pay for it ;p

Well.. i suppose so.. haha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!