PDA

View Full Version : Windows drive failz.

Recursion
11-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Hello,

So basically, I want to be able to access the missing partitions (they show up in Disk Management but not My Computer) without loosing the data.

Yes I am asking for help for once.

Something wierd happened.

I wanted to format and resize a partition using the Vista Disk Management Console but it was all like "I IZ NOT READY FOR DIS OP. Refresh me k?" so I pressed F5, which refreshed it, and then BAM!

Skype shutdown because "needed files were missing", explorer.exe dissappeared and I got some error saying it couldn't load task manager.

So I rebooted (forced via the reset button) and then it got stuck on the green loading bar. So I pop the Vista disk in, repair the install and now its all well and good.

But now, my drives are messed up... :S

Disk 0 (300GB IDE) has 4 partitions on.

WDC 2 (Can be seen)
Downloads 2 (Disappeared :S)
Music 2 (Can be seen)
Videos 2 (Disappeared :S)

Disk 1 (250GB IDE)
Animé and Movies (Can be seen)
My OS X Hackintosh Partition (I deleted then remade, I think this is where my problems started, Cannot be seen)

Then I have Disk 2 (250GB SATA) with my Vista install on, which is fine, and my Disk 3 (500GB SATA), which again is fine.

By "can be seen" I mean, can be seen in My Computer.

When I click Format on an unseen drive I get:
"An unexpected error has occured. Check the system event log for more information on the error. Close the Disk Management console, then restard disk management or restart the computer."

When I click Properties on one of the unseen drives I get:
"The operation has failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date. Refresh the view ny using the refresh task. If the problem persists close the Disk Management console, then restart Disk Management or restart the computer."

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/99593dee69d2142HELP.png

HELP!!!!

God I can't wait to get my Mac.

Tom

Recursion
11-10-2008, 08:18 PM
EDIT: Fixed. Thread closed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!