PDA

View Full Version : need help reasonably quickly +rep

cocaine
12-10-2008, 08:43 AM
my COD4 GOTY edition got ruined, so im gonna have to buy another disc

if i buy one that ISNT GOTY edition, will I still be able to play the extra maps?

thanks

Jord
12-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Nope because the map packs are on the disc.

cocaine
12-10-2008, 08:49 AM
are you sure? i thought the maps got downloaded to the hard drive - thats what my mates said but i needed a second opinion

thanks anyway, +rep

i bought COD4 from argos in august, and in the catalouge it showed it as the NON GOTY edition - but when i recieved it it was the GOTY edition - do you think it's still like that? if i go and get one now, do you think it'll still be the same?

EDIT: just checked on my download history on xbox live and it says "COD4: variety map pack" - so maybe its saved on my HD?

Funya Chin
12-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Buy it, if not, refund and say it's not the one you thought it was ;)

cocaine
12-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Buy it, if not, refund and say it's not the one you thought it was ;)

i think argos have a non-refunable policy on the console games

but maybe they'll take it back if its still sealed :P

ta anyway

Mr McLean
12-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I think the maps are inbeded into the game, so if you wanna buy a regular cod4 disc and want the maps you'd need to purchase them with MS points.

Neil
12-10-2008, 10:39 AM
My friend got GoTY edition and he said he had a code which let him download the maps, GoTY edition is just the standard game with the code to download the maps for free, so you should be able to play them with any copy of the game

Swearwolf
12-10-2008, 10:49 AM
yeah they are separate, i downloaded using the code, didnt have the disk in when i got the maps

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!