PDA

View Full Version : Moshing

HellSeat
12-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Well im going to a gig soon and its my first one :) Well this is gonna sound stupid but in a mosh do i just run in pushing people and then it ends? Or what do you do?
All advice is +rep and tips ;)

Swearwolf
12-10-2008, 10:35 AM
go with the flow, sometimes i just go in others i just stick to the edges, if u feel the urge just go for it :D

Glen Coco
12-10-2008, 12:17 PM
I went to my first gig on thursday.
You just really follow everyone else.
When I went you couldnt move at all xD!

Bdw, who are you going to see?

HellSeat
12-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Thank you two +rep. Ooh i'm seeing the blackout with supports we are the ocean, the medic droid and from first to last :) ALSO what kind of tshirt should i wear?

Coheed&Cambria
12-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Thank you two +rep. Ooh i'm seeing the blackout with supports we are the ocean, the medic droid and from first to last :) ALSO what kind of tshirt should i wear?

You really think your gonna see some pits and walls' of deaths at blackout? HA. you want a mosh pit, go see slipknot in december. I gurantee you will be ****** if you get in them pits..

A moshpit is where all the fights are. when you are "moshing", your just going crazy. no fights while you "mosh"

FlyingJesus
12-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Actually if the people are decent there shouldn't be any proper fights - the idea is to just get everyone in and get everyone messed up, you don't pick on certain people and you DEFINITELY do not take it personally and start fights. The idea is you come out saying "damn my nose is broke in three places and I have a bruised rib, excellent!" rather than "I broke some guy's nose and kicked the crap out a couple of kids"

However with the bands you're seeing I'm guessing it will mostly be 14 year olds, so just bounce or something

RedStratocas
12-10-2008, 01:12 PM
ALSO what kind of tshirt should i wear?

dont really matter, but its a general rule that you don't wear the t-shirt of a band you're seeing.

samsaBEAR
12-10-2008, 11:10 PM
its an amazing gig. i saw the london date last friday, and it blew me away. the new blackout song is amazing, andand i wont tell you what cover they do, but its really surpising :D

You really think your gonna see some pits and walls' of deaths at blackout? HA. you want a mosh pit, go see slipknot in december. I gurantee you will be ****** if you get in them pits..

A moshpit is where all the fights are. when you are "moshing", your just going crazy. no fights while you "mosh"
actually, last friday there was a HUGE circle pit, definitely one of the largest i've seen at a gig.

FlyingJesus
12-10-2008, 11:23 PM
DO THEY BLACK OUT

AlexOC
12-10-2008, 11:35 PM
LOL, dont go in a moshpit

they push people into the middle and you have to fight to KO

Joe!
13-10-2008, 05:42 PM
If you see anyone on the floor, help them up, first rule of moshpits.
Like someone above said, don't take any of it personally.

samsaBEAR
13-10-2008, 07:09 PM
DO THEY BLACK OUT
oh tom, will you ever be funny?

HellSeat
13-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks all i'll give you +rep tommorow (tuesday)
AND WOW they were absolutely amazing! We are the children of the night... we are the children :) That song is sooo good. And when they did cover of Kate Perry everyone was like screaming along to it:P And they did a bit of killing in the name of which was a nice touch. And the mosh's themselves wernt overly massive but they had a massive circle which was really good fun :D Thanks all x

samsaBEAR
13-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I KNOW! the new song is soso amazing, and the cover really surprised me. I thought it was going to be their cover of My Generation, and when the drums startred i was like :O!
good times tho, i love The Blackout

le harry
14-10-2008, 01:58 PM
take a knife m8

Hayd93
14-10-2008, 04:12 PM

ye i know someone who is going to that and he was trying to sell some spoare tickets to people and he said he will it will be one hell of a mosh pit.

alexxxxx
14-10-2008, 04:45 PM
i got decked once.

FlyingJesus
14-10-2008, 11:16 PM
oh tom, will you ever be funny?

Dunno I might try it some time if a decent metal band ever comes out

PaintYourTarget
15-10-2008, 07:26 PM
I saw a guy get a broken nose at a Dykeenies gig. If you can mosh sterlingly well to the Dykeenies (and they had quite a suprisingly big one) then you can most to the Blackout.

I saw the Blackout a while back and without Sonny FFTL should be awesome. Glad you had a good first show.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!