PDA

View Full Version : "Post your" threads

e5
12-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi,

I think that closing all threads that have "post your" in the title is silly because this thread - http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=523660 was working really well, almost all posts are links showing their goals on fifa 09, and the ones that don't have links are comments on the other people's goals, and it was closed? :S Fair enough if it was being spammed, but it wasn't. The mod that closes the threads should check the thread for constant spam before they close it. It can just be a little addition to the rule that some can stay open if they aren't deemed to have spam in them.

Thanks.

Nereo
12-10-2008, 03:25 PM
I think your supposed to PM Professor-alex if you want one re-opening I dunno though :P

e5
12-10-2008, 03:26 PM
I think your supposed to PM Professor-alex if you want one re-opening I dunno though :P
It's a general thing that I want changing though

Coldplay
12-10-2008, 03:30 PM
I think the amount of complaints summounts to management finally admitting they are wrong.

mat64
12-10-2008, 03:31 PM
I think your supposed to PM Professor-alex if you want one re-opening I dunno though :PYour supposed to PM nvr about it ;). Yeh I agree that some of the threads shouldn't have been closed, or all of them collectively. I don't think you can leave some of them open when some of them are clearly not as pointless as other ones. As I mentioned in another thread, I fail to see how they address this problem yet leave forum games unchecked when it's pretty much the same deal.

e5
12-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I know. I enjoyed browsing the fifa 09 goals thread, I didn't post, just browsed, because I wouldn't post knowing I had nothing to post, because I'd see the thread is clearly for that 1 purpose which is to post goals!!!!

Merged by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): Due to forum lag.

Minstrels
12-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Yerp and most of us are quit rightly pissed off about it. It's a joke! Only hours before was it being discussed about it getting a sticky by next week if BrenFox stopped posting trolling posts in their. Now look at it, Hiro closes it!

Hiro
12-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Yerp and most of us are quit rightly pissed off about it. It's a joke! Only hours before was it being discussed about it getting a sticky by next week if BrenFox stopped posting trolling posts in their. Now look at it, Hiro closes it!

Don't shoot the messenger.
All in all, I'm not fussed if it's open or not, I'd advise PMing Alex or whoever, but Alex's AOL problems may take a while.

mat64
12-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Don't shoot the messenger.
All in all, I'm not fussed if it's open or not, I'd advise PMing Alex, but his AOL problems may take a while.
It's easier than shooting the sender ;)

Heart Break Kid
how many times must you people be told
they were closed due to spamming
u have read many feedback threads on this
the more you make the more you gunna annoy the staff, then the less likely they are gunna re open them

jackass
Stop making these threads, the decision has already been made. :rolleyes:

Slowpoke
12-10-2008, 05:13 PM
As I mentioned in another thread, I fail to see how they address this problem yet leave forum games unchecked when it's pretty much the same deal.

Maybe some of them could be moved into there?

buttons
12-10-2008, 05:20 PM
the more you make the more you gunna annoy the staff, then the less likely they are gunna re open them
no, i thought it'd make them more likely to re open them actually...

no it hasn't? nvr may change his mind if you give him good reason to, i did PM about one and he asked him to show him why it should be unlocked and I did and he hasn't PMed back :(

mat64
12-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Maybe some of them could be moved into there?That would be delaying the problem more than anything else. Plus they don't really qualify as games. For example, moving the "Post your setup" thread there wouldn't make any sense. Personally I think this has been abit of a blunder, whilst it addressed the problem of the "Post your" threads they failed to take action on the one that was most used an probley the one that encouraged the most pointless posting out of any of them. It seems to me that this is more of a part solution than anything else and only really distracts from Forum Games, as I've said before I can't see how they can hold such a strong argument about these threads and not address that at all. Because to me they are pretty much exactly the same problem, the only difference been that one is about a particular forum rather than a selection of threads.

bo$$
12-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Holy hell. Hasn't it been clearly stated that ALL of the "Post your" threads were closed to make it easier for management, rather then having to search them all and then close individual ones. It has also clearly been stated that if you want it re-open, send a PM over to NVR with a good enough argument as to why it should be opened.

Re-creating threads like this aren't the way to go around stuff as it hasn't really done much...

Slowpoke
12-10-2008, 05:46 PM
That would be delaying the problem more than anything else. Plus they don't really qualify as games. For example, moving the "Post your setup" thread there wouldn't make any sense. Personally I think this has been abit of a blunder, whilst it addressed the problem of the "Post your" threads they failed to take action on the one that was most used an probley the one that encouraged the most pointless posting out of any of them. It seems to me that this is more of a part solution than anything else and only really distracts from Forum Games, as I've said before I can't see how they can hold such a strong argument about these threads and not address that at all. Because to me they are pretty much exactly the same problem, the only difference been that one is about a particular forum rather than a selection of threads.

They could make a new sub-section in Forum Games (right now I can't think of what it could/would be called but with a bit of thought I reckon it could work). I wouldn't, personally, even class half of the threads in that section as games anyway, they're just a means to get your post count up with minimal effort and they serve about the same amount of purpose as most of the "Post your" threads. That being said, they do seem to bring members together, as do the "Post your" threads which I is why I sort of class them as being similar and think some of them could fit into a sub-section in that forum quite nicely.

As for the very popular threads that do serve a real purpose such as "Post your setup", I think management (or maybe even let moderators use their better judgement) should just re-open them, no questions asked. Surely it's easier than having to read 100s of PMs from whiny teenagers and it's pretty obvious which ones should be opened and which ones should not.

mat64
12-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Holy hell. Hasn't it been clearly stated that ALL of the "Post your" threads were closed to make it easier for management, rather then having to search them all and then close individual ones. It has also clearly been stated that if you want it re-open, send a PM over to NVR with a good enough argument as to why it should be opened.

Re-creating threads like this aren't the way to go around stuff as it hasn't really done much...Not all the threads have been closed though, that's the whole point of most of these threads.

They could make a new sub-section in Forum Games (right now I can't think of what it could/would be called but with a bit of thought I reckon it could work). I wouldn't, personally, even class half of the threads in that section as games anyway, they're just a means to get your post count up with minimal effort and they serve about the same amount of purpose as most of the "Post your" threads. That being said, they do seem to bring members together, as do the "Post your" threads which I is why I sort of class them as being similar and think some of them could fit into a sub-section in that forum quite nicely.Although I agree with your view of the threads in the forum games section, I don't think creating a sub forum would really solve this problem. The threads belong in the forums they are already in, moving them to a sub forum under forum games would pretty much brand them mindless spam which most of them aren't. Not to mention it's another sub forum management would be reluctant to create as usual.

As for the very popular threads that do serve a real purpose such as "Post your setup", I think management (or maybe even let moderators use their better judgment) should just re-open them, no questions asked. Surely it's easier than having to read 100s of PMs from whiny teenagers and it's pretty obvious which ones should be opened and which ones should not.Indeed, this for me goes back to the argument of common sense in moderation. This came us as a rather large issue some time ago and I feel as though the management haven't took into account here when deciding which threads should be kept open and which should be closed. In many ways they have taken the exact opposite of the actions I would have taken if I were asked to close some of the "Post your" threads.

This decision clearly needs revising, but those who are making the decisions seem reluctant to do so and I would really like to know why.

bo$$
12-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Not all the threads have been closed though, that's the whole point of most of these threads.

Although I agree with your view of the threads in the forum games section, I don't think creating a sub forum would really solve this problem. The threads belong in the forums they are already in, moving them to a sub forum under forum games would pretty much brand them mindless spam which most of them aren't. Not to mention it's another sub forum management would be reluctant to create as usual.

Indeed, this for me goes back to the argument of common sense in moderation. This came us as a rather large issue some time ago and I feel as though the management haven't took into account here when deciding which threads should be kept open and which should be closed. In many ways they have taken the exact opposite of the actions I would have taken if I were asked to close some of the "Post your" threads.

This decision clearly needs revising, but those who are making the decisions seem reluctant to do so and I would really like to know why.

Weren't they all closed and then some of them opened?
Guess not.. Oh well.
There's still really no need for all of these threads.. just PM management and give them a good reason to open them. If they don't, then oh well, it's just a thread. If you guys REALLY want the threads open.. re-create them in the spam section.

Minstrels
12-10-2008, 08:12 PM
At the end of the day, I thought the staff said post count doesn't matter? So why close threads? Surely these threads kept the forum active? :rolleyes:

mat64
12-10-2008, 09:22 PM
At the end of the day, I thought the staff said post count doesn't matter? So why close threads? Surely these threads kept the forum active? :rolleyes:Indeed, it is pretty confusing. I don't see what harm it's doing.

Jordy
12-10-2008, 09:35 PM
the more you make the more you gunna annoy the staff, then the less likely they are gunna re open themLook, if Habbox thinks they can punish people for complaining about something, then they can't, at any moment, we can all just quit, it's not in their interests to punish us. It isn't like at school where they punish the lot of you and nothing can be done.

Andys
12-10-2008, 09:45 PM
the only ones which were really spammed were the ones in the runescape section which people were just posting "nice banks" or "nice looks" every 5 minutes >.>

bo$$
13-10-2008, 02:44 AM
Look, if Habbox thinks they can punish people for complaining about something, then they can't, at any moment, we can all just quit, it's not in their interests to punish us. It isn't like at school where they punish the lot of you and nothing can be done.

Then quit.
It's not in your best interests to keep complaining via making multiple threads either. (not aimed at you directly, but everyone complaining)

I'm fairly sure that if everyone who cared THAT much quit, it wouldn't be much harm done.

Mr McLean
13-10-2008, 12:18 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=525609

That needs looking into.

today
13-10-2008, 01:04 PM
im fed up of the posts about fifa09!

Minstrels
13-10-2008, 07:23 PM
im fed up of the posts about fifa09!
Not our fault my thread got closed when Hiro went into a emo tantrum. :(

lolwut
15-10-2008, 05:53 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=5092841
This was one of the least spammed topics which was closed.
Guess I'm gonna have to PM nvrspk4 about it.

Does anyone else get the creeping feeling that not a lot is happening on this front?

buttons
15-10-2008, 05:55 PM
no i PMed nvrspk4 about one but i failed to persuade him lmao

scottish
15-10-2008, 09:31 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=526410

NORTIĀ¬!!! posting a post your thread

Arch
17-10-2008, 01:41 AM
Tbh there may be many reasons why they closed them, but the RS ones were closed much before the others. I really don't think its about all this SPAM and what not, i believe its about admitting they did something wrong ?

scottish
17-10-2008, 10:45 AM

Habbox Management are meant to do whats best for the community, because one member may annoy them they can't keep them all closed because of a grudge with one member of the forum so ;)

No it's not.

hazz0rd
17-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Thats the worst rule I have ever encounted on a forum. Why are the rules on this forum so harsh?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!