PDA

View Full Version : Do you go to away games?

Muppet
12-10-2008, 06:20 PM
For those of you who support local clubs, do you go to away games, and if so, how far have you travelled before?
I try and go to every single one of my local club's away games, and I've been down to Tiverton, Devon and back to see them play. That's a 402 mile round trip.

What about you, do you travel away?

RareIce
12-10-2008, 06:24 PM
been away games went to ewood park, reebok stadium quite local.
But off to Germany to see the blues play schalke so i guess that makes up for the small amount of mileage traveled on road.

Geraint
12-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Yes, I go to away games, not all of them though.

I've been to every ground in the Championship, half of them in the premier league and half of the grounds in league 1 and 2. I've travelled to Norwich (6 hours away), Middlesbrough (5 and a half hours and 1:00 kick off) and Sunderland (3 days after coming out of hospital for appendicitis).

I've also been to 3 Wales away games, England, Ireland and Iceland. I'll go to more Wales away games as I get older but I don't go now due to my father liking to go in pubs with friends.

Andys
12-10-2008, 06:53 PM
I've been to a few;
Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers, Coventry.

Coventry was my last which was 2 years ago >.>

I always nag my mum to go to the away games, becuase she comes to the matches with me at Stadium of Lighty, but she doesn't like going to away matches? :S
Also even if she says I can go, she doesn't like driving and train tickets are a bomb!

HOPEFULY, I'll be going to at least 1 this season.
I want to go to;
Stoke, Man Utd, Arsenal (only because it's 2 days after my birthday), West Brom,Bolton, Fulham (won't happen though as it's next week and not got anything sorted out :(.)

Jordie
12-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Yeah been to loads.

went 20 away games once without seeing luton win one.

Funya Chin
12-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Wembley, Southend, Tranmere, Derby.

That's about it.

I'm kind of low on cash all the time and it makes it hard - I was meant to be going Bristol but I couldn't afford it - meant to be going Norwich but I can't afford it. I'm going our Boxing Day away at Forest and Blackpool in February for definite. Hopefully some others though.

brandon
12-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Every home game but admittedly no away games. Apart from Ipswich when I can get tickets and Colchester when they're in the Championship.

Cixso
12-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm going to the Newcastle away game. Can not wait.

alexxxxx
12-10-2008, 07:53 PM
seeing derby away at reading. seen derby at leicester and derby at sheffield in the past.

Geo23
12-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Southend,

How did you find Roots hall?

Ive only been to one

V the Gills last boxing day

but going away to colchester in Feb.

Andys
12-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Ahhh, just discussed with my mum :)
Going to Hull away, then I've got a choice of Man Utd or Everton.
If I go to united that'll be 6 games in a row haha.

Funya Chin
12-10-2008, 08:06 PM
I thought it was a pit to be honest with you, and the support is a joke :P

@ andy - I said hull >:(

Andys
12-10-2008, 08:09 PM

liar :eusa_whis

AlexOC
12-10-2008, 08:10 PM
latest one was wigan..

i have been to sctoland b4, in some cup, cant remember

Minstrels
12-10-2008, 08:19 PM
latest one was wigan..

i have been to sctoland b4, in some cup, cant remember
Watching which team? :rolleyes:

Geo23
12-10-2008, 09:26 PM

Most people say that about Roots hall

But were getting a new one in a couple of years.

The support at home is poor

but away is v good example the doncaster game 2nd leg.

Jamie!
12-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Haven't been to any this year due to work. Saying that, out of the away games we have played this year, there is only Stadium:MK that I ain't been to. Done the longest trip in the Football League last year; the 730mile round-trip to Brighton.

Out of the current 92, I'm on 30 odd I think (all following Carlisle) - I'll complete it one day :8!

On another note, what's the away support like (numbers wise) for your club?

Jack.Lfc
12-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Well im a liverpool fan, its so hard to get tickets to most away games so i go to the ones it is easy to get a ticket to e.g

Blackburn
Bolton

Geraint
12-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Haven't been to any this year due to work. Saying that, out of the away games we have played this year, there is only Stadium:MK that I ain't been to. Done the longest trip in the Football League last year; the 730mile round-trip to Brighton.

Out of the current 92, I'm on 30 odd I think (all following Carlisle) - I'll complete it one day :8!

On another note, what's the away support like (numbers wise) for your club?

******* crap.

2nd worst last season in front of colchester.

We always get restrictions, millions of police and bubble trips so it puts people off. Always get the long trips at crappy times aswell.

Jamie!
12-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Aye, was it Wolves or someone who weren't going to let you travel or something last season?

Geraint
12-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Aye, was it Wolves or someone who weren't going to let you travel or something last season?

Night game last year, bubble trip, 200 went. Cup run didn't help with crowds though. People would rather see cup games and they cost more.

Jamie!
12-10-2008, 10:12 PM
What's the normal level of support in the CCC, like?

I'm a real geek when it comes to things like this, but our average away support from the last few seasons;

05/06 | L2 | 1,058
06/07 | L1 | 972
07/08 | L1 | 819

Gradually getting worse... So far this season, we're averaging something like 570.

Geraint
12-10-2008, 10:23 PM
What's the normal level of support in the CCC, like?

I'm a real geek when it comes to things like this, but our average away support from the last few seasons;

05/06 | L2 | 1,058
06/07 | L1 | 972
07/08 | L1 | 819

Gradually getting worse... So far this season, we're averaging something like 570.

Yours is 597.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A37818057

Funya Chin
12-10-2008, 10:25 PM
but away is v good example the doncaster game 2nd leg.

Hats off.

Alan_Carr
13-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Longest journey is probs Carlisle away, been there 3 or 4 times now :)

Casuals
13-10-2008, 05:19 PM
i go to as many as i can
depends whose going and if i got money

Mattymufc
14-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Never Go to away games i support plymouth argyle and i live in cornwall so if i want to go see them play away its sometimes a 500 mile trip

Muppet
15-10-2008, 11:22 AM
One time I organised to go to Crawley, and forgot it was my mum's birthday! She went mad lol.

O/T: 200th post. Woopdeedah.

Geraint
15-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Never Go to away games i support plymouth argyle and i live in cornwall so if i want to go see them play away its sometimes a 500 mile trip

I love how you have MUFC in your name.

One time I organised to go to Crawley, and forgot it was my mum's birthday! She went mad lol.

O/T: 200th post. Woopdeedah.

My dad missed his own sister's wedding to see Cardiff and so did I. (My auntie's, not my sister's obviously)

Muppet
16-10-2008, 04:01 PM
I love how you have MUFC in your name.

That made me laugh.

Once on Setanta News, it said on the text scrollbar "All this talk about Man U is wrong. I am a proper Man U fan, always have be, always will be. From Shane in Torquay"

Camistheman
16-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Bristol to Newcastle

ooft what a jerny i had xox lolllllll

Muppet
16-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Nice.

I used to watch a programme called 'Footballs Hardest Away Days'. It showed crazy distances people travelled to watch football. There was this one guy who HITCHHIKED from Sheffield to right down south somewhere.

Geraint
16-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Nice.

I used to watch a programme called 'Footballs Hardest Away Days'. It showed crazy distances people travelled to watch football. There was this one guy who HITCHHIKED from Sheffield to right down south somewhere.

People who hitchike to games should be rewarded. My dad's hitch-hiked a few time.

And the East Fife fans from Luton and the Forest fan from Cologne.

Jamie!
16-10-2008, 06:27 PM
That German Forest fan was at Brunton Park last year, had his own flag and the lot. 'Eppy' or something he's called, me thinks?

Can't beat that episode of FHAD with the 'Swansea Youth' :lol::lol::lol:

Geraint
16-10-2008, 08:06 PM
That German Forest fan was at Brunton Park last year, had his own flag and the lot. 'Eppy' or something he's called, me thinks?

Can't beat that episode of FHAD with the 'Swansea Youth' :lol::lol::lol:

That is the best episode ever. "Let's get up there lads kicking off, mun". Then they get beat up. I laugh everytime.

You know at the start of it, when you see a Cardiff fan, I know him. Jarrad his name is.

Loqo
16-10-2008, 09:12 PM
I go to a few away games. Haven't been to many yet, went to Tranmere in pre-seasons.

hazz0rd
17-10-2008, 11:26 AM
No, We used to be struggling for money. So I just stuck to a seaon ticket at the Reebok. I've been to a few away games. I can only remember Oldham away, that was ****.

I also went to Cardiff when Bolton where in the Carling cup final. Good time, although we lost.

luce
17-10-2008, 07:07 PM
yeye i like the away ones more becuase its a better atmosphere amoung the fans :D

Alan_Carr
17-10-2008, 07:09 PM
yeye i like the away ones more becuase its a better atmosphere amoung the fans :D

Nothing beats soccer saturday though eh :)

Casuals
17-10-2008, 08:32 PM
5hc and soccer saturday
Happy as a sandgirl :)

the longest trip ive been on is
carlisle vs swindon on a tuesday night last year

Jibbish
18-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Technically no because Aston Villa, Birmingham City FC and West Brom are all in Birmingham. So basicly I only go to the derby away games.

Jamie!
20-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm off to Hereford tomorrow night, God knows why... 12:30pm start, won't be getting back 'til 3am-ish and we'll get beat.

emzar
20-10-2008, 06:15 PM
well im a man city fan and over the years ive been too:

birmingham
west brom
bolton
QPR
Charlton
newcastle
middlesbrough
aston villa
preston north end
oldham
man utd
blackburn
everton
liverpool
crewe
macclesfield

thats it :P

Geraint
20-10-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm off to Hereford tomorrow night, God knows why... 12:30pm start, won't be getting back 'til 3am-ish and we'll get beat.

I would go to Watford tomorrow but I am not allowed to go to night games on school nights :(

I don't see how missing a couple of lessons will ruin my education

Jamie!
20-10-2008, 07:28 PM
What year are you in, like? Ain't too bad for me with being in college now as I don't have any lessons on Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday mornings.

Would be alot easier if those who compiled all the fixtures actually took into consideration the amount of miles people have to put in just to get to these midweek games. Fair enough the fans don't have to go, but we've got games down at Hereford and Millwall on Tuesday nights this season. Why couldn't they have stuck them both to Saturdays and have us playing somewhere close like Huddersfield/Leeds/Stockport/Oldham? Got to feel for the Orient fans this year, they've got to travel north to both us, Huddersfield and Leeds on Tuesday nights this season.

Geraint
20-10-2008, 07:36 PM
What year are you in, like? Ain't too bad for me with being in college now as I don't have any lessons on Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday mornings.

Would be alot easier if those who compiled all the fixtures actually took into consideration the amount of miles people have to put in just to get to these midweek games. Fair enough the fans don't have to go, but we've got games down at Hereford and Millwall on Tuesday nights this season. Why couldn't they have stuck them both to Saturdays and have us playing somewhere close like Huddersfield/Leeds/Stockport/Oldham? Got to feel for the Orient fans this year, they've got to travel north to both us, Huddersfield and Leeds on Tuesday nights this season.

Year 10.

We've got Norwich away on a Tuesday aswell. I remember playing Preston in the night and they brought about 56 fans.

lPinoy
20-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Since I live in pretty far away from Manchester, I can only watch games in London :rolleyes:

EverSteve
20-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Everton is an away game for me, but na i aint been to any due to lack of money and my dad thinking we would get beaten up.

Im planning on going next year tho.

Scouse
20-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Everton is an away game for me, but na i aint been to any due to lack of money and my dad thinking we would get beaten up.

Im planning on going next year tho.

beaten up for what?

ive been to TNS, blackburn twice (first time i went was in a car accident on way back :() & birmingham

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!