PDA

View Full Version : The Real Achiever - Ends 15th of December

ItsDave
15-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Recently I've been thinking about something brought up in a conversation last week, and that's my greatest achievement. Yes, I know, we have the ones on Habbo for "changing your motto" or "changing your outfit", but I'm talking about achievements in the real world.

I'm on about something that has changed another persons' life, something that you've done and you are really proud of, something really epic in life that you've achieved.

The winner will be the person who gives me their most honest, brilliant, entertaining answer. Like mine - I saved my mum's life... I think I should win this competition! Ha, so come on, what's your real achievement?

1st Prize: 3 HC Sofas (Kindly donated by JoeyK.)
2nd Prize: 2 HC Sofas (Kindly donated by JoeyK.)
3rd Prize: 1 Green Blossom Pillow, 2 Lodge Doors, 1 Mummy Poster, 1 Aqua Rug (Kindly donated by Xzoid)

Your entry should look like the example below:
Habbo Name: Xzoid
Habbox Name: Xzoid
My entry:

Competition Terms & Conditions

To enter this competition you must be a registered member of Habbox Forum. Habbox is giving all its members (not Habbox staff) the opportunity to enter competitions. You can send in your entry until the competition is closed at some time on the date listed in the thread title. The winner will be announced in this thread. Winner(s) will be private messaged by H0BJ0B to collect their prize. Habbox has the right to close the competition at any time before the competition ending date and the winner will be judged from all the entries received up to that point. Any harassment or attempted bribery of the judge(s) will get you disqualified and could get you into trouble on the Forum. All Habbox staff are excluded from participating in competitions, unless the competition states they may. Trialists may enter any competition whilst they are on trial. Any entries that break the forum rules in anyway will also be withdrawn. Prizes are subject to change. Prizes must be claimed within one month of the winner(s) being announced. Unclaimed prizes will be considered a donation to Habbox Competitions in the winner's name. All furniture prizes will be handed over on Habbo UK only. All rights reserved.

When in posting the competition forum, please only post competition entries. Do not post questions or comments - it is not the place to do so. If you need to ask a question, or feel it necessary to make a comment, then please send a message to the Competitions Manager or post in the "Questions & Comments about Habbox Competitions" thread.

Sharpysam
15-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Habbo Name: SharpysamBAN
Habbox Name: Sharpysam
My entry: Well this is an achivement for me! When i was born i had Double Telepies (If you dont know what it is Google it!) I have had many operations on it and i have achived very high playing football and stuff that they never expected! And after many years i have finaly been discharged! This is a big achivement to me!

Thanks for reading ;)

SharpysamBAN

lPinoy
15-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Habbo Name: lPinoy
Habbox Name: lPinoy
My entry:

I can remember going through the first years of school. Sitting there, lost, y'know lonely.
Finding my feet at the last two years of school was a high achievement for me. I took a stride and made more friends, communicated and interacted more and that was a huge step for me. At that point of time, I took everything for granted. I made a best friend but just as he left along with the rest of my class at year six , I never realised how important they are until they left me. They gradually influenced me to be a better person and I never realised that until now. I moved on, heading four years later, but I can still remember that as a high point in my life and a great achievement for me.

L.A.Walker
15-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Habbo Name: L.A.Walker
Habbox Name: L.A.Walker
My entry:

I would have to say that my greatest achievement is being able to stand my own ground and be able to affect lives the way I have. I was born with Semantic Pragmatic Disorder, which meant I struggled to learn. My parents had to put up with the hassle, but I fought through it to succeed at GCSEs in high school, something I am truly proud of. Some of my best friends today have helped to sculp me into the young man I am now, and in return, I've been there for them at all times of need and friendship. This is my greatest achievement.

Jonster
15-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Habbo Name: Dictionery
Habbox Name: Jonster
My entry:

My biggest achievement was overcoming fears, mainly one being height, which I feel I am still trying to tackle. It first started off when I was 7, I fell out of my bunkbed whilst with my brother (broke my arm.) This is what triggered the fear I think. Anyway, a school trip came up, great! But...as with most, it included rock climbing, abseiling, zip wire, ... all mostly to do with HEIGHTS! I kept saying to myself I'll be safe, and that I won't fall - this alone was a hurdle in itself. I actually felt fine and willing before the climb, but once I had the ropes on, the butterflies entered into my stomach, causing me to feel nauseous.

I started to climb up the wall, fear running through me, till I felt I was 'stuck'. My body went stiff, didn't dare to move, started feeling as if I wanted to cry (lol.) I'd managed to get to the top eventually, with the majority of my class cheering me off, which obviously must have helped me to overcome this challenge, albeit embarrasing.

Next day it came to the zip wire. I'd felt a lot more confident in tackling heights, though. This I absolutely enjoyed! Climbed up a huge hill, went to the ladder, looked down this hill, gulped, counted to 5, and then jumped, eyes shut of course! I opened them, and thought, wow, what a view!

Now, I do tech at my school, which involves the use of ladders. I am obviously very cautious as to my stepping. I'm still a granny climbing one, which still indicates the fear there, but each day I try to tackle my fear.

I'll get there one day! :) Sorry for the essay lol.

HelpfulDrag0n
18-11-2008, 05:09 AM
Habbo Name: HelpfulDragon
Habbox Name: HelpfulDrag0n
Entry: On a canoeing trip my father and I were behind a crew of Boy Scouts, As boys do they were goofing off about. Not to much later one of the boys knocked another boy out of the boat when the tide was high, his canoe pined him up against the bank by his throat. As my father and I had noticed what was going on we paddled to the bank tring to help the boy break free, we didnt expect it but the tide was too much for us to handle.After that we called some other people that were behind us for help. Finally, after having two more men help us we got the boy out of the water and pulled to safety where the Ambulance was waiting for him. The boy thanked us all and still to this day just looking back makes me think how much you should notice the small things in life because one day it will all be gone!

3cww
18-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Habbo Name: 3cww
Habbox Name: 3cww
My Entry: i have aspergers syndrome which does affect me alot espically at the minute as i cant go out much because of noise and crowds etc. so for me my achievments have been going into town when its not that busy and going to school for an hour once everyone has gone home this maybe easy things for everyone else but i still struggle just to do that! so going into school or town is a very big achievment for me!

zaphod9642
18-11-2008, 03:27 PM
habbox name : zaphod9642
habbo name : harryfamas
my entry : well my highest achieve ment was probably my scuba diving coarse.When i was 10 i passed my open water diver coarse(P.A.D.I). when i was 12 i passed my ocean diver coarse (B.S.A.C). and i have passed my sports diver corse a couple of weeks ago. i am aloud to go to 35m under water and do a whole lot of other stuff you wont understand. like decompression stops and nitrox.

DaniellexBehan
18-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Habbo Name:x.MiSsBlInG.x
Habbox Name: DaniellexBehan
My Acheivment: When I was born, I was rushed to theatre with brain problems and was in theatre for over 24 hours. I spent my first christmas in hospital suffering with Bronchilitus, and I almost passed away then, my mum and dad were buy my side on christmas day.
I have had many problems in my life but they have led me to who I am today.
Its a great achievement to me, because I have gained many friends and a loving family

Thanks x

Pazza
18-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Habbo Name: iWarn
Habbox Name: Pazza
My entry:

Me and my brothers little friend were up a tree, and Jonny (my friend) said to his brother (who I was climbing the tree with) stop jumping on that branch, or it'll snap. And it snapped but I reached down and I grabbed his foot and stopped him from falling, then jonny had to help me get him down

michaylalove
21-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Habbo Name: peacedog99
Habbox Name: michaylalove
My entry: ok my firend chloe she just moved here a little bit ago she doesnt do welkll in school and she has an anger problem everyone is always picking on her so i beccame her friend and helped her have a friend and with her grades to her and me that was a great acheivement

Nonbelieverrr
22-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Habbo Name: Nonbelieverrr
Habbox Name: Nonbelieverrr
My entry:

All the people above are saving lives and almost dying but i came 2nd in the London Marathon for the 11-16 year olds :)

3cww
22-11-2008, 05:32 PM
not all im not dying or saving a life

Edited by H0BJ0B (Competitions Manager): Please do not post comments or questions in the competition threads.

Jam
22-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Habbo Name: Georgeburley
Habbox Name: Jameseh
My entry: Getting 99/100 Marks on my Maths KS2 SATS test! :P

Emu123
22-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Habbo Name: emu123
Habbox Name: emu123
My entry: This might be funny but, my friend is really scared of spiders, there was a pet tarantula in our school, me and my friend was in the same class but some stupid person had left the cage open after feeding it, all day my friend was walking around with it in her sachel, She freaked when she got her lunch out almost had a panic attack, you could say I saved her life when I rescued the spider from her bag and took it back - I still laugh at her today - poor soul.

Mr.Joe.P
26-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Habbo Name: Mr.Joe.P
Habbox Name: Mr.Joe.P
My Entry:
I was very overweight this time last year, i was 5 foot 10 and 16 stone, i had no confidence at all and didnt make any new friends as i was too scared of myself and the way i looked. so come january i decided to do something about it, and persuaded mum, by sacrificing my pocket money, to let me go to the gym for their help and advice. 11 months later, im now 12 stone, i speak to everybody in our class and year, and have a girlfriend, which was something id never thought would happen, ontop of all that im fit enough to get into our schools rugby team, which is a massive honour, especially as im captain !! im so happy with what ive achieved for myself this year its unbelievable, and i hope i can go on to do bigger and better things like this. :)

3cww
26-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Habbo Name: emu123
Habbox Name: emu123
My entry: This might be funny, almost had a panic attack
how is that funny having a panic attack ive had panic attacks and could hardly breath which is not funny and could be very dangerous!

Edited by LeahRAWRR (Senior Competitions Staff): Please don't post comments in the competitions thread.

zoona
02-12-2008, 03:00 AM
Habbo name: DannyKeeling
Habbox name: zoona

My Entry: Well i was only 5 and me and my mum were walking through newcastle and my mum collapsed out side of the bus station and no body helped her and then i was that scared i unstrapped my self out of my pushchair and run to the bus driver and said 'help my mums gone sleep' and they rung an ambulance and they told her she would of dies 1 hour later if it wasnt for me and im sooo proud of myself because my mum is the most importantt person in the world to me

000lydzii000
02-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Habbo name: 000lydia000
Habbox name: 000lydzii000
My entry:

My Mums Godson Jake is autistic, and when his mum and dad died we looked after him for a while and then we helped his grandma when she was looking after him.

lilmissjess12
02-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Habbo Name: lilmissjess12
Habbox Name: lilmissjess12
My entry:

well about 2 years ago a man was walking up the high street and my mate fell over and hit his leg so he started running after her so i put my foot out and he fell over:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:D

iMegz.
04-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Habbo Name: iMegz.
Habbox Name: iMegz.

My entry: This may not seem like a great deal to anyone else but for me it was a massive achievement. This time last year I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety, this effected me greatly and resulted in me missing loads of school and becoming unsocial because I just couldn't face anything which involved leaving my house or taking me out of my comfort zone. But since then I've managed to turn things around and I've hardly had a school day off this year. I've had a few set backs along the way but I've managed to get there and I'm doing really well in my last school year. :)

Mrdeano2008
04-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Habbo Name: Mrdeano2008
Habbox Name: Mrdeano2008
My Entry:

The greatest achivement in my life has been to do with what people thought of me. 2 years ago, when i was in year 7, I participated in a school concert. I sang titanic 'my heart will go on'. I really enjoyed getting up on stage and feeling the adreniline.

But the next day after the concert, I walked into my form classroom. I was teased and tormented, basically bullied because I was a singer. I didnt like rap and the other music my firends liked. I was into pop and things they thought were too girly or rubbish. Anyway, the bullied me for about a year about it. It was really hard! I got used to the fact that they were jelious and spikeful.

So, the next year came (last year), and the concert came up again! I wasn't too sure about it though. But my one of my friends, who happend to be a girl convinced me to go up there and give it my all. So, thats what I did.

The day after that, to be honest, I had girls screaming my name and nice comments for weeks! Teachers said something about it to me wherever i saw them. It was a great achivement of overcoming peir pressure.

Now because i faced my so called 'friends', I now get paid to perform in musicals across the county.:eusa_danc

kuzkasate
07-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Habbo Name: Cutbrakes
Habbox Name: Cutbrakes
My entry:

Well a big achivement for me is over coming my grand fathers death. I was the only person in the room when he was dieing. He just lay there and started groaning and started to cry, my grandad never ever cried. I sat there screaming for help but it was all too late her died of cancer. Could you imagine what it was like to see with your OWN eyes someone you loved dearly die? I didnt go to school for several weeks nor go out of my room. Soon I realised I had to, so I did.

Now its been 7 years since his death. His death aniversarry was on 22nd November. I only just got over it a few years ago. Think about it, I was 5 and I couldnt forget those groaning noises that I heard. The only thing I have left of him is a photo of him sitting on a bench and his hair brush. Thats all.

Jacktard.
07-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Habbo Name: Jacktard
Habbox Name: Jacktard
My Entry:
My cousin, who is the same age as me (14) was going through a bad patch with her parents because she slept at her friends without telling them. Her parents wouldnt let her out and kept bringing it up constantly. As a result she started self harming (not extreme - but still self harming) so i spoke to her about it and spoke to her parents about it and tried to get her parents to get off her case a bit. After i said what was happening, they were a bit more layed back (still very cautious) but let her do more things on her own; because of this she stopped self harming. I think that is one of my better achievements in my life :)

Disaronno
07-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Habbo Name: Sgt.Rob
Habbox Name: K-Lash
My entry:
I got through school without being perm excluded and then from that got scouted to watford football academy

Casket
09-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Habbo Name: TheCuteBoy-:D
Habbox Name: Slayde
My entry: Well, my real achievement is to cope with my condition; Dyspraxia. And it is really hard to cope with as it makes it difficult for general things in life such as;

Clumsiness

Reading difficulties

Poor short term memory. E.g. If given a list of instructions to carry out, may remember the first and last one but not the ones in between .

Awkward walking and running.

Can't skip or hop

Trouble using a knife and fork. E.g. cutting food or spreading butter

Sensitive to touch. E.g. uncomfortable brushing your teeth, brushing hair and having it cut, certain clothes uncomfortable to wear.

Poor Concentration. E.g. easily distracted by background noise in a classroom

Poorly organised. E.g. leaving things you need for school at home

Bump into objects or people by accident, but it doesn't go down very well!

People will not understand your problems so you may not be accepted socially and you may have trouble making friends.

I highlighted the last one in red because it is a very important and critical one.
For those of you who don't know what Dyspraxia is;

I have Dyspraxia, a disability which means messages to and from the brain are not transmitted properly. The cause of Dyspraxia is unknown but it may be caused by poor development of nerve cells in the brain. Up to 7% of the British population have dyspraxia and 70% of them are male.

Dyspraxia is a disability but it does not make you look disabled. This is a good thing but can also sometimes cause confusion and misunderstanding because people do not understand your difficulties. Often, this can lead to bullying and discrimination by adults and children.

I think I have coped really well and now getting lessons to treat it.
There is no cure for Dyspraxia so it is really hard but you can help it so it does not cause many problems in the future therefore I'm having lessons to treat it.

rachies
13-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Sorry, what i posted was too personal and needed to be deleted.

Edited by H0BJ0B (Competitions Staff): Entry Void.

x@xaddiex@x
13-12-2008, 04:01 PM
My best achivement is beating the bullies, they always made fun of me because I tried hard to get far. I had anough got help and sorted them out.

.:Gilly2:.
14-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Habbo UK Name: .:Gilly2:.
Habbox Name: .:Gilly2:.

Entry:
2 years ago my little sister climbed up a ships mast, you know the one pirate lookouts stood on. There was something like that at a playground.
Without the ship though. She climbed the ladder but she didn't see the
DANGER, DO NOT CLIMB sign. She had climbed to the top and it was wobbling like hell! She was scared, she couldn't reach the last ladder wrung and she broke part of the bit she was sat on. My grandma wouldn't go near it, not even to save her Martha Dear. So I had to climb up it, I am terrified or heights but i did it. I held the top part, stood on the rung two under the top one, and helped her to the top wrung. We slowly climbed down but she slipped. She yanked the ladder, regained her balance on the wrung but I fell down. Then I thought really fast, the thing was falling and was gonna crush Martha, I jumped up, ran infront of it, grabbed Martha and jumped out of the way. When we jumped Martha broke a rib when she hit a rock and I broke my wrist and leg. It was hard for Grandma and Grandad (Grandma had called him) getting us to where the ambulance could reach us (she'd called that too) but at least we did it with an alive Martha.

.:Gilly2:.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!