PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

Westman40
13-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Well basically I own this site called AfterHabbo.net. Before when the fansite was smaller, I had an ex owner called -Za. He is now saying that he wants his all content removed that he made (he's making it out that its all his, when only a tiny bit is).

He said this on MSN:

Just so we are clear, I'm having to report your website now.. I don't want too but it's pushed me now.. sorry! but unless ALL my content is remove I won't be reporting and possibly sueing?
Being as he made it for us, he can't do a thing can he?

FlyingJesus
13-10-2008, 04:00 PM
If he can't prove it's his then no

united-champ
13-10-2008, 04:08 PM
technically, if you have a email from him, or a msn message from him saying that you are the NEW owner of the website and he has nothing to do with it, it is his fault, he doesnt have the right to take content that is on the site. since he has handed it to u.

Westman40
13-10-2008, 04:25 PM
technically, if you have a email from him, or a msn message from him saying that you are the NEW owner of the website and he has nothing to do with it, it is his fault, he doesnt have the right to take content that is on the site. since he has handed it to u.

Nooooo lol!

I own the fansite, always have done. I hired him as a co-owner before, but he was fired a while ago for faking losties visit.

He now wants the last few pages removed him the site that he made. Which he doesen't have the right to do, as its been given to us.

Nereo
13-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Nooooo lol!

I own the fansite, always have done. I hired him as a co-owner before, but he was fired a while ago for faking losties visit.

He now wants the last few pages removed him the site that he made. Which he doesen't have the right to do, as its been given to us.

you actually believed that Lost_witness was gonna visit your site? lol :P

Anyway, as he cant prove that he created any of it, you should be alright :)

Westman40
13-10-2008, 04:35 PM
you actually believed that Lost_witness was gonna visit your site? lol :P

Anyway, as he cant prove that he created any of it, you should be alright :)

Haha, not really. I just sorta just let him do whatever. Then we asked lostie and he said no. We can't really have a untrustworthy owner can we?

Okay lol. But who would he report us too? We host ourselves on my server. Meh, now he's threatening to hack - ahahahaha!

Inseriousity.
13-10-2008, 04:36 PM
"but unless ALL my content is remove I won't be reporting"

Looks like you're in the clear. :)
Hmm well I've never seen a successful small-fansite attempt of being sued before anyway so why not just keep it up there?

Leetzgirl
13-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Haha, not really. I just sorta just let him do whatever. Then we asked lostie and he said no. We can't really have a untrustworthy owner can we?

Okay lol. But who would he report us too? We host ourselves on my server. Meh, now he's threatening to hack - ahahahaha!

I know the guy, dont bother.

Westman40
13-10-2008, 04:41 PM
I know the guy, dont bother.

I won't, believe me. He's extremely sad to do this, haha. Not like he can hack anyway. He gets other people to do it for him.

"but unless ALL my content is remove I won't be reporting"

Looks like you're in the clear. :)
Hmm well I've never seen a successful small-fansite attempt of being sued before anyway so why not just keep it up there?

Lol he gave it to us, so we won't be removing it. Haha I just realised what he said LOL! He can't do a thing if he tried now, he said he won't. Woo.

Corporal
13-10-2008, 07:39 PM
How do you hire a co owner.
dont they buy into it?

Captain
13-10-2008, 07:54 PM
He's gonna sue you because of the habbo content he posted/made? A lawyer would just laugh at him and tell him to leave and never come back.

Zak
13-10-2008, 11:26 PM
lol possibly sueing.. haha

Think how much that will cost just to take you to court.

Casual
14-10-2008, 02:50 PM
^over some pixels! ;)

Judge Judy
14-10-2008, 03:30 PM
theres a law actually saying once you leave a company (or fansite in this case :P) all the work produced is owned by the owner (company w.e) so you own the content now.

Ostinato
14-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Just say that when he agreed for you to use it in the first place, he therefore handed over all rights for your use of it. Similair to how, when someone from Habbox is fired there articles etc. are often still on the website, because it isn't theres.

He can't sue you anyway if he doesn't own copyright or intellectual property rights (which I presume he clearly can't afford to, and didn't get!) :P

Westman40
14-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Just say that when he agreed for you to use it in the first place, he therefore handed over all rights for your use of it. Similair to how, when someone from Habbox is fired there articles etc. are often still on the website, because it isn't theres.

He can't sue you anyway if he doesn't own copyright or intellectual property rights (which I presume he clearly can't afford to, and didn't get!) :P

Aah thank you, +REP. I thought there was something like this in place.

theres a law actually saying once you leave a company (or fansite in this case :P) all the work produced is owned by the owner (company w.e) so you own the content now.

Thanks! You've been really helpfull, +REP.

He's gonna sue you because of the habbo content he posted/made? A lawyer would just laugh at him and tell him to leave and never come back.

I know looool!! Pretty funny actually.

lol possibly sueing.. haha

Think how much that will cost just to take you to court.

God knows, meh haha.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!