PDA

View Full Version : Avatar sizes have been decresed

Decode
14-10-2008, 03:03 PM
All ruby members (and maybe some other usergroups) have had there avatar sizes decreased. I have been infracted because mine is too big :rolleyes: To be honest management should have told everyone because I had no idea that the sizes had changed.

Plank
14-10-2008, 03:05 PM
There was an announcement at the top of every forum which was there for about a week.

Heart Break Kid
14-10-2008, 03:05 PM
they did announce it mate
sorry to burst ur bubble :P

xxMATTGxx
14-10-2008, 03:07 PM
There was a global announcement on the forum giving you so many days to sort your signatures and avatars out. There was also an announcement about the new ranks/different features.

Slowpoke
14-10-2008, 03:08 PM
There was a global announcement at the top of every forum for a week warning of the avatar, signature and profile picture changes.

Kardan
14-10-2008, 03:13 PM
There was a global announcement on the forum giving you so many days to sort your signatures and avatars out. There was also an announcement about the new ranks/different features.

There was a global announcement at the top of every forum for a week warning of the avatar, signature and profile picture changes.

Even though I've not been caught out - purely because I don't have an avatar - I think a thread which everyone had to view would have been much more useful, for example, I don't even take notice at the global stickies considering they're not bold like new threads.

A thread that people must view to carry on using the forum would have been much more effective.

Yoshimitsui
14-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Even though I've not been caught out - purely because I don't have an avatar - I think a thread which everyone had to view would have been much more useful, for example, I don't even take notice at the global stickies considering they're not bold like new threads.

A thread that people must view to carry on using the forum would have been much more effective.

To be honest when that was done everyone complained you had to view that aswell. So you can't win really.

,Jess,
14-10-2008, 03:17 PM
People are always contacted via pm before they are given a warning/infraction anyway. It doesn't count as anything really just a reminder so unless that message is ignored the change in avatar size limits shouldn't really affect anyone badly.

Kardan
14-10-2008, 03:18 PM
To be honest when that was done everyone complained you had to view that aswell. So you can't win really.

But if they don't want to read it, they can simply click off the thread :P

Is there an add on or something where you can choose to be notified (by email, PM or being sent to the thread or something...?) about important posts?

Axel
14-10-2008, 03:22 PM
I didn't get infracted, I had to resize it though.

The Professor
14-10-2008, 04:57 PM
But if they don't want to read it, they can simply click off the thread :P

Is there an add on or something where you can choose to be notified (by email, PM or being sent to the thread or something...?) about important posts?

Everyone would have it switched off if that was the case anyway so I can't see it doing a great deal of good :P

As has been said, there was a global announcement that was pretty hard to miss and was there for a week, it certainly irritated me so I don't know how you managed to miss it :P But like Jess said, you are contacted by PM before you get warned/infracted anyway so if you didn't know before, you do now!

Leetzgirl
14-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Everyone would have it switched off if that was the case anyway so I can't see it doing a great deal of good :P

As has been said, there was a global announcement that was pretty hard to miss and was there for a week, it certainly irritated me so I don't know how you managed to miss it :P But like Jess said, you are contacted by PM before you get warned/infracted anyway so if you didn't know before, you do now!

I didnt even see it, perhaps becasue from the bans :rolleyes::eusa_whis.

But matt PM'ed and offered to remove it, which he did :)

shizzle
14-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Yes, couldn't put it any better.

Kardan
14-10-2008, 05:08 PM

Then do a global announcement and a post everyone should see then :P

I probably missed it because over the four years, nothing really important is put up there... Just the normal 'No spamming' and certain rules for each forum. Meh :P

FlyingJesus
14-10-2008, 05:13 PM
There was an announcement at the top of every forum which was there for about a week.

they did announce it mate
sorry to burst ur bubble :P

SUP I'M NOT SURE IF THERE WAS AN ANNOUNCEMENT OR NOT CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW

buttons
14-10-2008, 10:41 PM
i never saw announcement neither

H0BJ0B
14-10-2008, 11:05 PM
I saw it, but I must admit that Announcements would be a lot better if they were 'bolded'. Is that a word? But yeh.

nvrspk4
14-10-2008, 11:05 PM
SUP I'M NOT SURE IF THERE WAS AN ANNOUNCEMENT OR NOT CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW

YH M8 THERE WAS.

I would have used Force Thread but it broke when we upgraded the forum :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!