PDA

View Full Version : COD5 Beta what you think?

Viruz
14-10-2008, 05:05 PM
When I received my code I was a little excited and looked forward to playing. I really like COD4 and it’s the only game I really play. I got into the game lobby I saw that all the challenges seem to be the same and looked at the attachments for all the guns along with the perks you can get. I have to say that I’m pretty disappointed to see stopping power and juggernaut both of these perks were my only major bad points for COD4.
Both of these perks are too unrealistic for my liking. I feel that guns should not get more power from a perk and should only be given enough power to incapacitate or kill the target depending on range and type of weapon. For argument sake there is no way in hell that a colt .45 could kill or even badly hurt someone at over 80 yards. After 70 yards the bullet will barely have enough power to bruise someone.
I think stopping power should be taken out the game all together and that all guns should be given realistic power cross referenced with range and weather conditions.
I feel the same sort of way for juggernaut; it is unrealistic and not needed. I do not understand how a shotgun does not kill someone at 5 meters if they have juggernaut on. How is this meant to make the game fun and more realistic is someone doesn’t die after taking a .303 to the head???? Juggernaut needs to be taken out the game.
Hopefully when the full game comes out the graphics will be better than they are at the moment because they have taken a step back from COD4 quality and look no better than COD3. I also feel the game play from the beta is a lot like the kamikaze attitude people had with COD3 where people are like “I’m going to run in spraying hoping I kill someone”. I found people to be more tactical on COD4. As for the 3, 5 and 7 kill streak bonus’ I think they all suck. A Second World War plane would not be able to tell friend from foe and an artillery strike is so lame plus what is with the stupid dogs that run round how do they tell friend from foe????
I hope these things are ironed out and that some of them are taken from the game totally, not that I expect Treyarch to take on board. I feel that the beta has taken step back from COD4.

Soy
14-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Downloading it now,

Really looking forward to playing online with it.

Current download time; %16 (wont be playing it any time soon -.-)

Casuals
14-10-2008, 05:33 PM
tryna buy a code :(

Alan_Carr
14-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Looks good to me, from what i've seen from videos etc
Sniping looks much better, when the bullet drops after you've shot.

Jordy
14-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Must admit I'm not surprised, I said as soon as it was announced that it'll be just like COD3 and no where near the standard of COD4 (I'm more than happy to find these posts if need be). The online sounds like a step forward in the COD4 Direction, but I'm not surprised either about the graphics (never trust the trailers!).

PaulMacC
14-10-2008, 06:40 PM
The graphics are an imporvement IMO, I love the map design with upper levels in roundhouse. Jauggernaut cancels out SP, and vice versa so I dont care really.

Jord
14-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Its the same imo :P

Still fun.

Neil
14-10-2008, 06:49 PM
The graphics are better than CoD4s what the hell are you on about?

The multiplayer is as good, if not better than CoD4s multiplayer, it's more fun, alot more challenging and finally the stupid noobtube is the last attachment you unlock xD

PaulMacC
14-10-2008, 06:57 PM
It is using an upgraded version of the CoD4 one :)

Viruz
14-10-2008, 07:14 PM
They still should have got rid of Juggernaut and Stopping power.

Graphics are no way as detailed as Cod4

Neil
14-10-2008, 07:56 PM
They still should have got rid of Juggernaut and Stopping power.

Graphics are no way as detailed as Cod4

Yes they are? The difference is in CoD4 most of it is "clean" where as most of CoD5 is dark and gritty, there is almost no real difference between the two at all

Hiro
14-10-2008, 08:50 PM
It's annoying, too many people use the glitches on the maps to make themselves "better". I mean it's a BETA for God's sake.
Apart from that, it's not bad.

J0SH
14-10-2008, 09:32 PM
The graphics are way more detailed than cod4, you can see the graphics in the explosives, buildings and characters.

Javascrypt
14-10-2008, 09:41 PM
When I received my code I was a little excited and looked forward to playing. I really like COD4 and it’s the only game I really play. I got into the game lobby I saw that all the challenges seem to be the same and looked at the attachments for all the guns along with the perks you can get. I have to say that I’m pretty disappointed to see stopping power and juggernaut both of these perks were my only major bad points for COD4.
Both of these perks are too unrealistic for my liking. I feel that guns should not get more power from a perk and should only be given enough power to incapacitate or kill the target depending on range and type of weapon. For argument sake there is no way in hell that a colt .45 could kill or even badly hurt someone at over 80 yards. After 70 yards the bullet will barely have enough power to bruise someone.
I think stopping power should be taken out the game all together and that all guns should be given realistic power cross referenced with range and weather conditions.
I feel the same sort of way for juggernaut; it is unrealistic and not needed. I do not understand how a shotgun does not kill someone at 5 meters if they have juggernaut on. How is this meant to make the game fun and more realistic is someone doesn’t die after taking a .303 to the head???? Juggernaut needs to be taken out the game.
Hopefully when the full game comes out the graphics will be better than they are at the moment because they have taken a step back from COD4 quality and look no better than COD3. I also feel the game play from the beta is a lot like the kamikaze attitude people had with COD3 where people are like “I’m going to run in spraying hoping I kill someone”. I found people to be more tactical on COD4. As for the 3, 5 and 7 kill streak bonus’ I think they all suck. A Second World War plane would not be able to tell friend from foe and an artillery strike is so lame plus what is with the stupid dogs that run round how do they tell friend from foe????
I hope these things are ironed out and that some of them are taken from the game totally, not that I expect Treyarch to take on board. I feel that the beta has taken step back from COD4.

Heard 2 guys talking on xbox live and they said its pretty much like cod3 with vehicles that are pointless and the same perks and weak guns.

Nty, maybe.
But Not Soon!

J0SH
14-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Heard 2 guys talking on xbox live and they said its pretty much like cod3 with vehicles that are pointless and the same perks and weak guns.

Nty, maybe.
But Not Soon!

The only similiarity it has with cod 3 is the fact that it uses classic weapons, that's all.

Johno
14-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Well I only just got my code, and I was lucky since I almost deleted my Junk Mail and that's where the redeem code was!

Downloading now, Ill leave the xbox on during the night and hopefully get playing tomorrow :)

Callum.
14-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I really like it actually. Finn are badddd

Guess i'm gunna get this and gears2 then.

PaulMacC
14-10-2008, 10:20 PM
It's such a good game, the Castle map is so good.

Callum.
14-10-2008, 10:21 PM
It's such a good game, the Castle map is so good.

Yeah, I love that one too. Bit more close combat than the others, but can still get them from distance. But when we played it on war, the last plag was pretty kuch un-gettable seeing as they spawned there every time.

Dogs are pretty good, hate them when they're on you though.

Johno
14-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Right, I have had one game on Castle (TD) and it was pretty enjoyable but since its only been one game I haven't exactly sampled all the beta has to give.

I think it is pretty good but, its the same game as COD4 in all respects. Yeah I know, its built on the same engine and why should we be complaining as COD4 was a great game but it feels like its just been polished up with some new graphics and a new storyline.

I don't see many drastic improvements upon COD4 (I didn't see many complaints with COD4 so how can you improve on perfection, of course the game wasn't perfect but yano) and it just, feels like a side-step between COD4 and COD6.

I am the first to admit that it is fun, yeah it's the main point with a game. It has to be enjoyable and that's what it is but if I am going to be quite over-critical there are some flaws such as text looking a bit out of place and the weird cross between the modern-ish feel of the COD4 interface and the feel/look of COD5.

All in all, from what I have seen so far it seems like its gonna be good. That's the problem though, its gonna be good but its nothing special.

(P.S - Those flare things are cool lol)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!