PDA

View Full Version : Habbox Site Feedback!

Mr.OSH
14-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Hello everyone,

We're always looking to improve and refine the Habbox site. The technicians, designers and management are working around the clock to try and improve the site but we want to know what you think about Habbox. :) I feel that it is important that we listen to what you all want to see from Habbox.com and the Habbox sites as we want to provide services that you will find useful and worthwhile.

Below are some suggestions of what you could comment on to get you thinking but really we want to hear ANY feedback related to the Habbox sites + content. :)

Layout/Homepage - Changes to the current layout - what would you like to see change in regards to the aesthetic of the site and the way it is laid out? What do you like at the moment about it?

News - Our news reporters work very hard to try and keep news as up to date as possible but do you have any ideas for the way we could advertise or improve news? Do you feel the news section could be organized better or more types of news could be provided? Do you think news is added regularly enough?

Articles - Again we work hard to maintain the standard of articles that are produced however do you think there are other ways articles could be produced or made better? Do you think the way they are displayed could be better? What about the categories and type of articles the site provides?

Rare Values + Rare Watch - Have our recent changes to the values pages been useful? Do you think that we provide accurate and good enough values? Is there anything else we could provide in relation to rare values which would make this part of the site better?

Habbo Content + Habbo Knowledge - Is this content useful? Is there anything else you think could be added to it or anything that might be removed? What do you like about the content sections or do you think anything needs merging together or changing?

Habbo Guides - Are the guides helpful? Do you think that the guides could be organized better? Are there any other guides you'd like to see or you think others would fine useful? Is there anything you don't like about these pages?

Games - What would you like to see in this section to improve it? Is there anything you don't like or do like? Do you think games are used much on the site or would you like to see other types of games being produced?

HabboxLive Site - Do you find this site worthwhile? Is there anything else you'd like to see on this site or would you like to see a different design? What do you like about this site?

UploadPicz Site - Do you use the image uploader? What other sort of features could be added and do you think making the layout more attractive is a good idea?

Scripts - Do you like the site scripts? What other scripts would you like to see available for use on the site?

Advertisement/Improvement - Do you think certain pages need improving or refining and do you think anything is under advertised on the site and gets ignored as a result?

Any other feedback - Any other site related feedback.

Of course I don't expect you to comment on all of the above but any feedback for the site would be greatly appreciated.

Remember to list the things that you do like clearly and also the things you find an annoyance/problems when using the site or things you'd like to see changed/improved. :)

All feedback should be constructive. Don't just say "its all rubbish" or "I like it all" explain why and give reasoning! :D

Thanks,

Mr.OSH
Assistant General Manager

Tintinnabulate
15-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Layout - Have skins if possible as many people, including me dont like the yellow. Have a few dark skins if its possible to do that in Joomla. Because to be honest, I prefer the halloween skin to the main orange skin.

Rare Values + Rare Watch - I like the new Catagorized rares section, makes it much easier.
It might be a good idea to have a section in Rare Watch > Super Rares and put the names of Habbo's who own the rarest Super Rares. They would have to contact Habbox and prove they own that Super Rare by showing it to a habbox staff. I dont mean super rares such as typos, I mean the rarest ones such as Purple dragons, Blank HABBO trophies etc. This would make it easier for someone if they want to see one of these super rares or try and contact the owner to try and buy it off them.
I know what you are thinking now "people will hassle the owner of that super rare", but its upto to the owner of the super rare to have their name on the list.

Mr.OSH
15-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Layout - Have skins if possible as many people, including me dont like the yellow. Have a few dark skins if its possible to do that in Joomla. Because to be honest, I prefer the halloween skin to the main orange skin.

Rare Values + Rare Watch - I like the new Catagorized rares section, makes it much easier.
It might be a good idea to have a section in Rare Watch > Super Rares and put the names of Habbo's who own the rarest Super Rares. They would have to contact Habbox and prove they own that Super Rare by showing it to a habbox staff. I dont mean super rares such as typos, I mean the rarest ones such as Purple dragons, Blank HABBO trophies etc. This would make it easier for someone if they want to see one of these super rares or try and contact the owner to try and buy it off them.
I know what you are thinking now "people will hassle the owner of that super rare", but its upto to the owner of the super rare to have their name on the list.

We are currently considering change of layout. Skins on the site is a possibility which we can consider to suit a wider range of preferences. :)

I suppose that the idea about listing owners of super rares is possible but we'd have to consider how much updating would be needed to keep it accurate so people didn't hassle people who no longer have the super rares? Nice idea though, this could be something to include as we are going to try to add more information to the rares as part of rare watch.

Thanks for your feedback!

DrLacero
15-10-2008, 05:53 PM
The rules- The recent rule about "post your" threads was a very silly idea. "due to spamming" could be applied to anything around here or anywhere on the internet, certain people will spam regardless of what rules you make about it. The what are you listening to thread (although worded differently) is the same thing and wasn't closed, no doubt that thread has had more spam posted in it than any other of the same type yet it is left open. This shows that the moderators do have the time to moderate these threads, so that can't be a good reason either.

jackass
15-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Skins - Have a new LIGHT, NON-HABBO forum skin please. Because I don't like the dark one and I don't use habbo. Also, many people have also 'nominated' this idea previously, but one was never made. :(

Meti
16-10-2008, 11:43 AM
other: actually listen to what the members want (in the feedbacks forum). Nothing changes if you post in that section :S

Mr.OSH
16-10-2008, 08:29 PM
The rules- The recent rule about "post your" threads was a very silly idea. "due to spamming" could be applied to anything around here or anywhere on the internet, certain people will spam regardless of what rules you make about it. The what are you listening to thread (although worded differently) is the same thing and wasn't closed, no doubt that thread has had more spam posted in it than any other of the same type yet it is left open. This shows that the moderators do have the time to moderate these threads, so that can't be a good reason either.

Although this isn't site based I'll reply to it anyway. We are currently considering the situation with the "post your" threads however we cannot allow spamming to ruin the forum and you also have to remember the forum is for discussion opposed to randomly posting or posting to increase post count. I agree some of these threads where useful but some where being a abuse as well. Thanks for your feedback. :)

Skins - Have a new LIGHT, NON-HABBO forum skin please. Because I don't like the dark one and I don't use habbo. Also, many people have also 'nominated' this idea previously, but one was never made. :(

Again this is forum related but I'll pass this on to the skin designers and we'll consider this also. Thanks for your feedback.

other: actually listen to what the members want (in the feedbacks forum). Nothing changes if you post in that section :S

We do listen to members. We can't make every suggested change as it wouldn't work and also we will never be able to make decisions that please everyone. If you want to draw my attention to a certain issue you feel has been overlooked or no substantial reply has been made I'll investigate. Also that comment is quite odd as this thread is entirely for us to LISTEN to what YOU want. I want to know what the members think about the site and what changes they want - hence this thread. :P

Favourtism
18-10-2008, 12:30 AM
This will be considered for the near future. Is there any colours you would prefer if it did happen?

Again this is forum related but I'll pass this on to the skin designers and we'll consider this also. Thanks for your feedback.

You must of forgot :(

Earthquake
18-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Hello everyone,

We're always looking to improve and refine the Habbox site. The technicians, designers and management are working around the clock to try and improve the site but we want to know what you think about Habbox. :) I feel that it is important that we listen to what you all want to see from Habbox.com and the Habbox sites as we want to provide services that you will find useful and worthwhile.

Below are some suggestions of what you could comment on to get you thinking but really we want to hear ANY feedback related to the Habbox sites + content. :)

Layout/Homepage - Changes to the current layout - what would you like to see change in regards to the aesthetic of the site and the way it is laid out? What do you like at the moment about it?

Although the Habboween skin seems fantastic, I recommend a skin colour drop down menu to change the skin colours for when Halloween or any other seasonal skins arn't being used. It would be great to choose from, pink/blue/green/orange/red colours.

News - Our news reporters work very hard to try and keep news as up to date as possible but do you have any ideas for the way we could advertise or improve news? Do you feel the news section could be organized better or more types of news could be provided? Do you think news is added regularly enough?

The news section seems fantastic as it is and in my opinion, I don't feel it needs to change in the slightest seance of a way.

Articles - Again we work hard to maintain the standard of articles that are produced however do you think there are other ways articles could be produced or made better? Do you think the way they are displayed could be better? What about the categories and type of articles the site provides?

The articles area isn't so popular to the readers, although the articles are fantastic, I recommend it is popularised more and advertised as much as news is, maybe just below the rare values section, you should have a link, and a small advertisement directing viewers to the articles.

Rare Values + Rare Watch - Have our recent changes to the values pages been useful? Do you think that we provide accurate and good enough values? Is there anything else we could provide in relation to rare values which would make this part of the site better?

I think the recent changes are perfect, although I don't use the rare values from Habbox or any other site for Habbo, its great and perfectly ordered as it is, I do recommend though, an advertisment inplaced where advertisments are advertising the values section so people can understand more easily how to gain access when there on the first visit to Habbox.com

Habbo Content + Habbo Knowledge - Is this content useful? Is there anything else you think could be added to it or anything that might be removed? What do you like about the content sections or do you think anything needs merging together or changing?

I don't feel this needs to be changed at all, although I do recommend a montly re-run of the contant and habbo knowledge to insure everything is updated and surely implaced fantasticly.

Habbo Guides - Are the guides helpful? Do you think that the guides could be organized better? Are there any other guides you'd like to see or you think others would fine useful? Is there anything you don't like about these pages?

Its awsome, doesn't need to changed at all, although a few guides need to be implaced, although not too many. I don't have any ideas of the guides, but it would be great to also implace a link to the Habbo guides habbo home on the UK hotel on the drop down list.

Games - What would you like to see in this section to improve it? Is there anything you don't like or do like? Do you think games are used much on the site or would you like to see other types of games being produced?

Games, well its probally difficult to create games, but it would be great to see some forum games on there.

HabboxLive Site - Do you find this site worthwhile? Is there anything else you'd like to see on this site or would you like to see a different design? What do you like about this site?

I'm not a fan of Habboxlive, I would recommend a full re-run and given an optional option to hide/view the Habboxlive DJ panel and to listen to as it can be annoying entering Habbox and having to turn of the speakers or turn of the actual radio as I myself, as many others do.

UploadPicz Site - Do you use the image uploader? What other sort of features could be added and do you think making the layout more attractive is a good idea?

DON'T CHANGE IT! ITS AWSOME! And maybe another design? DO NOT PUT anything Habbo based on there though as I myself and many others will turn away from using its services.

Scripts - Do you like the site scripts? What other scripts would you like to see available for use on the site?

Move around the site? that would be cool to change the way the site is to the user logins satisfaction.

Advertisement/Improvement - Do you think certain pages need improving or refining and do you think anything is under advertised on the site and gets ignored as a result?

More advertisements for the actual Habbo links and the forum, weekly updates of the advertisments graphics aswell.

Any other feedback - Any other site related feedback.

Nah not really, everything else from what I haven't mentioned is briliant, Habbox is awsome.

Of course I don't expect you to comment on all of the above but any feedback for the site would be greatly appreciated.

Remember to list the things that you do like clearly and also the things you find an annoyance/problems when using the site or things you'd like to see changed/improved. :)

All feedback should be constructive. Don't just say "its all rubbish" or "I like it all" explain why and give reasoning! :D

Thanks,

Mr.OSH
Assistant General Manager

DrLacero
18-10-2008, 02:32 PM
You've got a little something on your nose Damien.

Mr.OSH
20-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Nah not really, everything else from what I haven't mentioned is briliant, Habbox is awsome.

Thanks for your feedback there Earthquake. Much appreciated! :)

MissAlice
22-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Firstly the site looks great, best it's ever looked.

Articles
I enjoy reading interviews, and there hasn't been one for around a month now. It's good to see more than one person doing the interviewing as it adds variety. But what I would like to see is a few more interesting questions rather than the norm ;)

Oh and when posting interviews, please don't use colours that are wishy washy, use two colours that are clear and easy to see as well as read.

Mr.OSH
23-10-2008, 04:06 PM

Articles
I enjoy reading interviews, and there hasn't been one for around a month now. It's good to see more than one person doing the interviewing as it adds variety. But what I would like to see is a few more interesting questions rather than the norm ;)

Oh and when posting interviews, please don't use colours that are wishy washy, use two colours that are clear and easy to see as well as read.

Firstly I've asked for more interviews to be put on the agenda as I agree they are a good part of articles. I'll also mention that questions should be considered carefully before asking them and we just ask more interesting questions and try and vary them between interviews.

I agree with the colours comment also - I'll make this suggestion to articles.

Thanks for you feedback! :)

The Professor
24-10-2008, 05:14 PM

Articles

Hey Alice :)

The advice about colours has been taken on board, I shall certainly be passing it on to them!

The reason for the lack of articles is about a month ago the joomla system thing went down for about 2 weeks with no-one able to post anything! This kinda knocked people out of the swing of things and as soon as that happens in articles its very difficult to get back into the habit (I know, I've been here since sept 06 :P). As I'm sure you've noticed applications are open to try and increase staff numbers, and the current staff have been warned rather sternly to pull their weight or face removal, not something I enjoy doing :(

Thanks very much for the feedback :)

Favourtism
26-10-2008, 10:32 PM
http://www.habbox.com/index.php/habbo-content/random-generators
Love the generator but could the scroll bar be removed at let the content just go down the page?

Good work imo!

Robbie
26-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Yonder454 is working on it now :) Bit of a bug with Joomla :P

Mint
16-11-2008, 12:09 PM
When selecting the side bar such as Rare Values, my pointer starts flashing and dissapearing everytime I move it over the list. Except from that, everthing is fine. :)

Dan2nd
16-11-2008, 12:22 PM
I never used to like Habbox live it was the old layout that put me off more than anything else so I am really pleased that it now has a layout which fits in with the rest of Habbox.

What I'd like to see (or rather) hear more from Habbox live is some of the DJs to sound like they are actually haveing fun. This is not directed at all of the DJs because there are some goodins however (and I'm not going to name, names of complain to a manager because I think it'd be wrong to knock anybodys confidence) but there are a few DJs who talk in a very monotoned voice and above anything else it reminds me of sitting in class listening to my geography teacher talking about plate tectonics. So yeah thats just something for the DJs to take on board really

Yonder
19-11-2008, 11:50 AM
When selecting the side bar such as Rare Values, my pointer starts flashing and dissapearing everytime I move it over the list. Except from that, everthing is fine. :)

what browser are you using?

I never used to like Habbox live it was the old layout that put me off more than anything else so I am really pleased that it now has a layout which fits in with the rest of Habbox.

What I'd like to see (or rather) hear more from Habbox live is some of the DJs to sound like they are actually haveing fun. This is not directed at all of the DJs because there are some goodins however (and I'm not going to name, names of complain to a manager because I think it'd be wrong to knock anybodys confidence) but there are a few DJs who talk in a very monotoned voice and above anything else it reminds me of sitting in class listening to my geography teacher talking about plate tectonics. So yeah thats just something for the DJs to take on board really

Well a new layout is coming so watch out :)

Mint
21-11-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm using Firefox.

Mr.OSH
25-11-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm using Firefox.

We'll look into this as a similar thing happens for me sometimes. This doesn't cause a huge issue though when using the site? :)

Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Kiovado
20-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi Guys..

I hope I've posted this in the right place..

Just spotted a very minor error on the website, when you go to 'Interactive Content' > 'DJ Says Script' it says in the code:

<iframe src"http://www.habbox.com/scripts/radiostats/radio.php" width="100%" height="800" allowTransparency="true" frameboarder="0">

I know it's only a small thing, but some habbos may get annoyed because they get an ugly border on their page :)

Thanks!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!