PDA

View Full Version : Fire Drills

Xarea
16-10-2008, 05:20 PM
What's your fire drills like at school/college/work?

Organised and neat, or really messy with people running riot, haha.

Today at school we had a drill (well, it was an actually some cigarette smoke going into one of the detectors) and everyone was running around, LOL.

Wayne
16-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Lol, at college it's organised and there are designated areas to stand outside the building etc.

LoveToStack
16-10-2008, 05:35 PM
It's organised but a lot of the time people from the local area just run in to the 6th year cafeteria and pull the fire alarm. It's funny tho :)

camera
16-10-2008, 05:38 PM
we dont have it anymore in college. but back in secondary school, we do.

uhm the prefects will know when the fire drill is gonna be. so lucky for me, i dont get a shock or anything during a boring lesson.

its quite neat because the prefects did a good job in crowd control :)

dirrty
16-10-2008, 05:39 PM
since the start of year 12, we havent had a fire drill. which i guess is bad for the new students on the college wouldnt know where to go. but usually when theres a fire drill, everyone runs out the class then slowly walks to the meeting area and its deffo not organised lol.

MJJ
16-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Always very organized.
But theres always a lot of people who smash the fire alarm just for the fun of it, so the teachers have threatened to go to the police. :P

cocaine
16-10-2008, 05:49 PM
organised... everyone knows where to go and people just come onto the field in dribs and drabs really..

Inseriousity.
16-10-2008, 06:28 PM
In secondary it was organised. Fire bell wents and everyone lined up in forms.

College everyone just runs out the door onto the fields. If it was a real fire, the poor staff wouldn't have a clue if anyone was missing :P

Abzii
16-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Everyone running roit lol
Once in year 9 our music teacher didn't turn up so we was outside the classroom all lesson, and the fire alarm went off so we didn't know where to go so we just ran around the building LOL

mike475
16-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I havn't had once since I've been back (September).

i laughed at the post above.

Kardan
16-10-2008, 08:40 PM
A riot. We've had two in two days (Both when I was doing an exam)... And the kids just run out of classrooms screaming, ignoring the fire doors and it's literally a stampede.

Specially since there's about 1,250 people trying to get through the narrow entrance to the hard surface area since it's the fire assembly point.

It takes about 10 minutes for everyone to be in their correct positions, and when we have alarms druing Lunch, nobody can tell if somebody is burning alive, or gone home for lunch - Which is really stupid imo.

We had a fire about three weeks ago and the same thing happened... >.<

Heart Break Kid
16-10-2008, 08:41 PM
In secondary it was organised. Fire bell wents and everyone lined up in forms.

College everyone just runs out the door onto the fields. If it was a real fire, the poor staff wouldn't have a clue if anyone was missing :P

lol yeah
remember the one tuther week
everyone just stood on the field chatting
the teachers had already marked us in thru there 500 year old BromCom :P

Geraint
16-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Ours is actually very good. Every class has a designated standing area. All teachers have to lock their doors and check the surrounding area for children or a fire. Teachers also block off the corridors so you are led out by the nearest fire exit. Once in lines, you are lined up alphabetically and a register is taken.

Ashley 12344
16-10-2008, 10:23 PM
At college, we haven't had a drill but when theres an alarm you see as many people as possible heading to the Town centre.

At high school, they were kinda organised. People deviated a little between groups, but overall fairly successful.
One time it was absolutely chucking it down, so everyone got soaked and had to go home.

Ashhizzle
18-10-2008, 10:45 PM
organised, very organised.

Step out of line jus the tiniest bit your in for an hour the next night :)

We do get them very often though :P like atleast 2 a month

Andys
18-10-2008, 10:49 PM
organised rly.

CrazyColaist
19-10-2008, 09:50 AM
a riot lmaooooo. i normaly go screaming and everyones like ***

one time few weeks ago smoke detectors went off. and it was a ciggie. since then i havent had a *** in skl i just walked out :) x (of skkl)

Nli.
19-10-2008, 10:16 AM
We have had one so far this year at my actual school, its not bad and its not brilliant.
But at college where I go one day a week, we haven't had one. But were in the same room all day so I guess we just follow the tutor.

CJW93
19-10-2008, 10:36 AM
A riot people screaming and eveything, and a few fights break out lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!