PDA

View Full Version : Blogs?

Processor
17-10-2008, 07:46 AM
I am thinking of opening a site where people can pst stuff on blogs.

Like news/happenings/life, I want to know how to make a blog site.

This i a prect im looking forward to

CS-dude
22-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey,

Well if your simply at it for fun, coding a blog may be a nice experience. If not, running a blogging website is a bit of a dead end these days. To many people have already done it and a massive amount of very large sites already run there own free services, google just to name one.
So unless you have a very unique edge to your blog site, i don’t really think there’s realistically much room to grow.
If you plan to run your own blog though, having your own domain & site for it is something id recommends.

On the matter of actually creating a blog, a great number of feature packed open source blogging software’s exist, so if your not a strong coder the easier option may be to just go with one of these. Though if like i suggested at the start of my post, its just a fun learning exorcise, i wish you good luck. A nice starting point may be to take a look at a number of simple guestbook scripts just to get the gist of how these sorts of things work :)

CS-dude

Johno
23-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Hey :)

As CS-Dude there is loads of competition in the "Blogging Service" market, now competition is a good thing but many of these services have a large userbase which means that for someone new to break in it would be difficult.

However, if you do want to start it up - Try using WordPress MU (Multi User), its very powerful and totally recommended :)

Making a blog is a great way of just talking to the world, now you can't expect for your blog to get a cult following unless you really have something special. It's pretty good fun starting up a blog and posting to it, but you really need to have the dedication to keep it going!

Hope this helps you :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!