View Full Version : LBP delayed... for gods sake lol

Jordan3606
17-10-2008, 05:22 PM
LBP has been delayed until 14th November (not a confirmed date), because apparently, there was a song which contained words from the Qu'ran in, and Muslims find it offensive when words from the Qu'ran are used in conjunction with music :$

So basically, every disc that has been sent to retailers has to be taken back and re-copied without this song... how ridiculous. Sure, people have certain beliefs, but I mean c'mon.. if I found it offensive that a song had the words 'hello' in, does that mean all games with songs that contain the word 'hello' must be recalled? No.

This doesnt affect me since I wouldnt have got the game until my bday (24th nov) anyway, but everyone else seems to be pretty pissed off over it.

Kudos to Sony though for respecting peoples beleifs, although it was probably just to protect their PR. :P

source = http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/17/littlebigplanet-delayed-in-europe/

:(

Stitch
17-10-2008, 05:39 PM
It's so annoying. I thought great! It's out the day we finish for half term so I have a whole week without school to play it. But noo they had to delay it.

Josh-H
17-10-2008, 06:03 PM
I love muslims even more now.
/sarchasm.

Aflux
17-10-2008, 06:19 PM
LBP has been delayed until 14th November (not a confirmed date), because apparently, there was a song which contained words from the Qu'ran in, and Muslims find it offensive when words from the Qu'ran are used in conjunction with music :$

So basically, every disc that has been sent to retailers has to be taken back and re-copied without this song... how ridiculous. Sure, people have certain beliefs, but I mean c'mon.. if I found it offensive that a song had the words 'hello' in, does that mean all games with songs that contain the word 'hello' must be recalled? No.

This doesnt affect me since I wouldnt have got the game until my bday (24th nov) anyway, but everyone else seems to be pretty pissed off over it.

Kudos to Sony though for respecting peoples beleifs, although it was probably just to protect their PR. :P

source = http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/17/littlebigplanet-delayed-in-europe/

:(

Well, that's highly discriminative and you're hardly a religion, are you?

Neil
17-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Surely they could just release patch that just removes the song? :S

Josh-H
17-10-2008, 06:25 PM

These religous noobs haven takeneth awayeth our LittleBigPlanet. Smite them.

Aflux
17-10-2008, 06:28 PM
These religous noobs haven takeneth awayeth our LittleBigPlanet. Smite them.
Oh no, I'm sure you can wait and be respectful, maybe.

J0SH
17-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Would be better if you put for Allah's sake in the title. ;)

Josh-H
17-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Oh no, I'm sure you can wait and be respectful, maybe.

Nope, I can't.

:)

Suck
17-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Nooooooo. I've waited so long for this, can't believe it's been pushed back. :(

Josh-H
17-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Nooooooo. I've waited so long for this, can't believe it's been pushed back. :(

I know I'm gutted, was going to enjoy half term with it.

Stitch
17-10-2008, 07:02 PM
This is one of the people who complained. http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:BuPMgf6T4UIJ:community.eu.playstati on.com/playstationeu/board/message%3Fboard.id%3D611%26message.id%3D8388+%22ta pha+Niang%22+quran&hl=da&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=dk

To: Sony Computer Entertainment & Media Molecule

While playing your latest game, "LittleBigPlanet" in the first level of the third world in the game (titled "Swinging Safari"http://66.102.9.104/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif, I have noticed something strange in the lyrics of the music track of the level. When I listened carefully, I was surprised to hear some very familiar Arabic words from the Quran. You can listen to part of the track here:

mt14.quickshareit.com/share/p...lip22503c0.wav (http://mt14.quickshareit.com/share/preview/soundclip22503c0.wav)

The words are:

1- In the 18th second: "كل نفس ذائقة الموت" ("kollo nafsin tha'iqatol mawt", literally: 'Every soul shall have the taste of death').

2- Almost immediately after, in the 27th second: "كل من عليها فان" ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: 'All that is on earth will perish').

I asked many of my friends online and offline and they heard the exact same thing that I heard easily when I played that part of the track. Certain Arabic hardcore gaming forums are already discussing this, so we decided to take action by emailing you before this spreads to mainstream attention.

We Muslims consider the mixing of music and words from our Holy Quran deeply offending. We hope you would remove that track from the game immediately via an online patch, and make sure that all future shipments of the game disk do not contain it.

We would also like to mention that this isn't the first time something like this happened in videogames. Nintendo's 1998 hit "Zelda: Ocarina of Time" contained a musical track with islamic phrases, but it was removed in later shipments of the game after Nintendo was contacted by Muslim organizations. Last year, Capcom's "Zack & Wiki" and Activision's "Call of Duty 4" also contained objectionable material offensive to Muslims that was spotted before the release of the final games, and both companies thankfully removed the content.

We hope you act immediately to avoid any confusion and unnecessary controversy, and we thank you for making such an amazing game.

Regards,

yasser
psn id : solid08

They say what the words mean. Media Molecule had a patch ready for day 1 next friday but Sony decided to recall all the copies. :(

Jordan3606
17-10-2008, 07:03 PM

Of course I'm not a religion, but its the same principle, if someone is offended by something, the simple answer is to not view it. For example, when a tv programme is about to be aired, if it has offensive material, it simply warns you before it starts, so you can stop watching or whatever. Delaying the game seems a bit silly for me since it could easily be patched, but I guess its to cover Sony's arse for people who dont have online and therefore wont be able to download the update.

Its 2 lines of a song... and because a group of people is offended, the whole thing is now delayed, at everyone elses expense. I know some people are strict on religion and follow it word for word, but seriously, people get offended at the slighest of thing, and the offending song has been out 2 years now, why was nothing raised about it beforehand?

Would be better if you put for Allah's sake in the title. ;)

lol, true :P Didn't mean to make a pun in the title actually :P

Anyway, yeah I'm not meaning to offend anyone here, lol, it's just a bit over the top if you ask me, political correctness and all that :rolleyes:

EDIT: the muslim guy that brought it to sony's attention on the Playstation forums was being fair tbh, he stated that all they requested was a patch and for all future copies to be fixed, which is fair.

Stitch
17-10-2008, 07:18 PM
I don't understand why they couldn't have done what that muslim person suggested. I read a huge thread on the Playstation forums and a lot of people have cancelled their orders because of this.

Technologic
17-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Solid08

PREPARE TO FEEL MY WRATH

Casual
17-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Hmm.. im glad he left his PSN.. ;) I shall have fun tormenting this guy.

Stitch
17-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Someone on the Playstation forums tried to add him and it said he didn't exist lol

Southe,
18-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Meh. annoys me tho. the fact that its being recalled just in europe but not anywere else.

The guy who brought it up is a ******. The song has been out for 2 years and the guy that made the song is muslim aswell and theres been no complaints about it up until its put on a game. a patch would have been the best way to deal with the problem but sony manage to screw that up aswell and recall copies.

Im hoping some sites keep them and just ship them out anyway, anyway ive seen 2 dates OCT 27TH & OCT 31ST.

Sony just have to have some balls and release it >.>

CrazyColaist
18-10-2008, 09:32 AM
you think a little delay likke this is massive

trust me x i waited 10 months of delays for tatus new album and if you think a few weeks is big 1 - months is big (the russian albm was released last night and it was supposed to be 25th december 2007

Stitch
18-10-2008, 09:51 AM
you think a little delay likke this is massive

trust me x i waited 10 months of delays for tatus new album and if you think a few weeks is big 1 - months is big (the russian albm was released last night and it was supposed to be 25th december 2007
It's not the delay that bothers me. LBP was put forward a week anyway so it will probably be released when it was meant to be released before now. What bothers me is the silly reason.

Technologic
18-10-2008, 10:08 AM
In all honesty it's media molecules fault for not doing what the guy suggested and releasing a patch. Also on ign they're saying it's been pushed back to the week of the 27th.. so yeah?

Technologic
18-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Sorry to double post but it wasn't MM who delayed it.. it was SONY:

As some of you may have noticed, LBP has been slightly delayed in some territories. At MM we were as shocked and dismayed by this as anyone - shellshocked and gutted. We can’t wait for you all to get playing and creating!

We learnt yesterday that there is a lyric in one of the licensed tracks which some people may find offensive, and which slipped through the usual screening processes. Obviously MM and Sony together took this very seriously. LBP should be enjoyable by all. So within 12 hours of hearing about this issue involving a lyric (in Somalian, I believe!), Media Molecule had prepared an automatic day 0 patch and had a new disk image ready; however a decision was made within Sony that the right thing to do for quality and support of people with no on-line was to replace existing disks. They assure us that they are doing everything in their power to get things straightened out as fast as possible, and will announce dates soon.

Apologies to everyone excited to play the game and I can assure you that when it arrives, it will be worth the wait! We want everyone to be able to enjoy the game, and this tweak should help - we’re just gutted it couldn’t be sooner. MM continues to work hard to support the game too. We know that LBP will be something that you can enjoy for a long time to come, when all of this is forgotten and all that remains are thousands of incredible levels and creations to play, create and share.

[EDIT Sony are going to announce new dates and information re discs for each territory soon. We’ll keep you posted! The patch is ready from our side and I imagine it will go live at the same time as the game. More info when we get it.]

[EDIT #2 Sorry for the downtime, it seems this is as emotional for you as it was for us. However, please try to breath in and out and keep your commenting at least clean if not polite ;) Thanks -jim]

Technologic
18-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Another update: It seems the UK will be getting it on the 31st of october. Only a 1 week delay

Jordan3606
18-10-2008, 11:11 AM
1 week isn't too bad then, but still its pretty stupid :p

Its on page 6 of the Sun today apparently, you can read the article on their website

Technologic
18-10-2008, 11:13 AM
1 week isn't too bad then, but still its pretty stupid :p

Its on page 6 of the Sun today apparently, you can read the article on their website
Yeah but that's the sun, if anybody that isn't white sneezes it's in the sun

Fez
18-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Oh, nice, I'll have to freakin' choose to play either Fawlout three or Littlebigplanet - post apocolyptica or unlimited creativty.

Religon gets in the way of everything, seriously, I can't think of any media which has been unaffected by religon. I don't know why Sony rejected the patch, which would've been avalible on Day 1.

Technologic
18-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Lots of people arent hooked up to the internet

Fez
18-10-2008, 07:07 PM
The internet was ruined before it was even invented.

Technologic
18-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Tbh it was going to be released on the 31st anyway so yeah.. all that's happened is that it got put forwards then delayed to it's original date

DJ-Ains.T
18-10-2008, 07:13 PM
i find it funny that muslims find that affensive. hehe.

Technologic
18-10-2008, 07:17 PM
not really, islam prohibits all music except percussion did you know

Fez
18-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Exactly, it's sort of like taking a piece of cake from Valve, publicising it and then Valve slaps you in the face and tells you to recall it, push the release date back a bit and then take out just a tiny little bit of cake (100000000000000000 nanomilimetre of a crumb)

Jord
18-10-2008, 07:57 PM
I read about this now was gonna post it lol.

Technologic
18-10-2008, 07:57 PM
ITS ONLY A WEEK.

Calm down everyone

Smits
18-10-2008, 08:16 PM
the guy singing it was a muslim anyway. They can all get ******

Technologic
18-10-2008, 08:21 PM
face it, islam is a strict religion, just live with it

Jibbish
18-10-2008, 08:32 PM
surely you all can wait a week

Fez
18-10-2008, 08:35 PM
surely you all can wait a week
NO

I'd prefer it on the first week of November actually (2 weeks further), 'cos then I get a new game to play every Friday until the end of November.

Technologic
18-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Why not wait another week then?

Fez
18-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Because it'll get here on the 31st and tease me as I play Fallout.

Also, the guy's sent out a sorry letter http://www.qj.net/Qur-an-in-LittleBigPlanet-poster-feels-partially-responsible-for-delay-sends-apologies/pg/49/aid/125063

Technologic
18-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Because it'll get here on the 31st and tease me as I play Fallout.

Also, the guy's sent out a sorry letter http://www.qj.net/Qur-an-in-LittleBigPlanet-poster-feels-partially-responsible-for-delay-sends-apologies/pg/49/aid/125063
He is forgiven

Suck
19-10-2008, 09:58 AM
A week isn't so bad. I thought it was going to be 2-3 weeks. As long as it doesn't come out on GH4 day it's okay. I'll be strapped for cash otherwise.

Technologic
19-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Now people are starting to say it was a nintendo fanboy trolling the playstation forums "/

J0SH
20-10-2008, 01:52 AM
Now people are starting to say it was a nintendo fanboy trolling the playstation forums "/

What do you mean?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!