PDA

View Full Version : What makes a good vBulletin Skin?

Fehm
19-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Ok So i'm coming back into the Skinning business, and to improve my skills i want to know, what kind of things you like to see in a vBulletin forum skin?

Any tips will be considered :) And idea's for skins that may sell well are always welcome!

Please dont post saying "nothing i can do it myself" My target audience is people who can't design/develope the skins themselves :)

Thanks for any help in advance ;)

Jackbee
19-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Uniqueness.

Fehm
19-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Uniqueness.

More feedback would be great people :)

Snex
19-10-2008, 04:45 PM
For the skin to be linked to the site layout as much as possible, eg. if the site uses blues then the forum skin uses blues instead of having a contrasting forum/site.

Also, I like the skin to have something to do with the site name. eg. IceHabbo then it would be themed with lighter blues and related to ice or SummerHabbo then it to be greens and colourful etc.

Fehm
19-10-2008, 05:34 PM
For the skin to be linked to the site layout as much as possible, eg. if the site uses blues then the forum skin uses blues instead of having a contrasting forum/site.

Also, I like the skin to have something to do with the site name. eg. IceHabbo then it would be themed with lighter blues and related to ice or SummerHabbo then it to be greens and colourful etc.

Ahah! Thanks ;)
I'll take that into consideration....

Favourtism
19-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Advanced coding and lots of css so it looks totally different to other skins and looks advanced.

Fehm
19-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Advanced coding and lots of css so it looks totally different to other skins and looks advanced.

But ''advanced'' how does that look? What sort of things would an advanced skin contain?

shizzle
25-10-2008, 11:17 AM
It must involve attractive colours. Simplicity & effectiveness is the main in my opinion. For example Habbox's Retro Blue Skin.

Fehm
25-10-2008, 11:47 AM
It must involve attractive colours. Simplicity & effectiveness is the main in my opinion. For example Habbox's Retro Blue Skin.

Thats the skin that i use ;)

Any other features that should be included in a vB skin?

Meti
31-10-2008, 01:01 PM
basicly all you need it attractive and simple colors. A nice forum, which is easy to navigate around with too :)

Fehm
31-10-2008, 01:03 PM
basicly all you need it attractive and simple colors. A nice forum, which is easy to navigate around with too :)

Thanks again!
+rep if i can

Jake145
31-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Well i think something thats simple and user friendly, nothing too complicated, and dark colours dont really work either.

Fehm
31-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Well i think something thats simple and user friendly, nothing too complicated, and dark colours dont really work either.

Thanks for your reply!

+rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!