PDA

View Full Version : Spending problem

Mitch4?
20-10-2008, 07:16 PM
I literally can't help but spend my money,
i thought i was always good at saving, but then like recently ive just became so bad. It's like, i'll break into a tenner to buy a chocolate bar, but then i think it wont be worth it, so i'll buy like £4 worth, then i don't like having change so i buy like anything.
If i use my card i dont feel like im spending money, so i just do it too much. Then when i have no money it's a pain in the backside as i really want to
a] Learn how to drive when i turn 17 in a few months
b] For the new macbook
c] For my holiday spends when i turn 17 going skiing.

Anyone got any words of advice on how to stop spending like way too much on garbage which seems okay at the time :p

LoveToStack
20-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Take what money you need out with you, then take an extra tenner just incase you need it for emergencys. Don't spend the tenner, and just keep in mind that the other money is needed as well.
EDIT: oye and leave your card at home.

Inseriousity.
20-10-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm the same!!!

Today I have bought:

Cherry Drops
Crisps x2
Coke
Malteasers (Cinema-sized bag and normal-sized bag)

at different times of the day but it's ridiculous. I don't even need it. It's only because I had a tenner and don't like spending £1 so I spend extra.

I'm just going to leave my wallet at home and hopefully use the willpower to stop. lol... then again I said that last month

Nereo
20-10-2008, 07:35 PM
then i don't like having change so i buy like anything.

Urgh I do that so badly.

These days if Im going out somewhere to a shop and I know what Im going to buy I only take money for that one thing so I cant get distracted and buy the whole shop :P

Camistheman
20-10-2008, 07:36 PM
dont tke money anywere.

Loqo
20-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Dont take unnecessary amounts of money out with you and try keeping it in the house. I had £260 in my draw at the start of the Summer Holidays and I had nothing at the end of it and I didn't spend it on anything good, going the movies with friends, going out for lunch with friends, it was good but not worth it. I have just got £50 this weekend, £30 off the person I done work experience with and £20 for babysitting and I am going to save up now for a MacBook like yourself. I'm going to be strict this time and not spend it at all.

JackBuddy
20-10-2008, 07:38 PM
put it this way mitchell... driving is ******* expensive.

(hopefully that was enough to motivate you)

stop using your debit card and only have say a fiver in your wallet at a time.

Mitch4?
20-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Like today i went to a sandwhich shop for school dinner, and i spent £1.99 on that, then i saw a drink, then a snack, then some crisps. Walked into morrisons, saw some cookies, then some jelly tots, then some really cool fab pens were on offer, which turned out to be tacky, and i also just at the time decided to go in photobooth with my friends.
so basically i just wasted puree today and only thing ive got to show for it was some photos that are really small and crappy

JackBuddy
20-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Like today i went to a sandwhich shop for school dinner, and i spent £1.99 on that, then i saw a drink, then a snack, then some crisps. Walked into morrisons, saw some cookies, then some jelly tots, then some really cool fab pens were on offer, which turned out to be tacky, and i also just at the time decided to go in photobooth with my friends.
so basically i just wasted puree today and only thing ive got to show for it was some photos that are really small and crappy
no jaffa cakes? :p

Mitch4?
20-10-2008, 07:49 PM
no jaffa cakes? :p
nah mayte, get them from my work
cash & carrys ftw :] + discount
xDDD

Loqo
20-10-2008, 07:55 PM

Again, just dont take money out with you which is not needed. Say you get £5 a day to go to school. Keep £2 in your house and take £3 out which is just needed, keep doing this and it will gradually build up.

Blauw
20-10-2008, 08:14 PM
just put money in your familys bank so you can't spend it!

Bun
20-10-2008, 08:30 PM
omg i'm the exact same as you lol. i get paid on friday, go shopping on saturday morning and spend it all :D.

Ashley 12344
20-10-2008, 08:43 PM
put it this way mitchell... driving is ******* expensive.

(hopefully that was enough to motivate you)

stop using your debit card and only have say a fiver in your wallet at a time.

Seconded.
£22 an hour for me. Then you've got your theory, around £100 when it comes to your test. Fail that and its another £100.

I was the same, still am at times. Found it easier to save for driving once started though. Third 2 hour lesson tomorrow. I really recommend you start though - well worth it if you can get driving asap, good fun as well.

Mitch4?
21-10-2008, 11:17 AM
i was good you know, i picked up a butty and some galaxy, then a redbull. Then realised, put it all down, brought some supernoodles and got water from home today, and so now my dinner went from £5/10 to 44p :]

JackBuddy
21-10-2008, 05:29 PM
i was good you know, i picked up a butty and some galaxy, then a redbull. Then realised, put it all down, brought some supernoodles and got water from home today, and so now my dinner went from £5/10 to 44p :]
you can always replace the red bull with the 32p can of tesco's kick!

Mitch4?
21-10-2008, 05:34 PM
ew tesco ftl. x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!