PDA

View Full Version : How much make-up?

MissAlice
22-10-2008, 08:55 AM
I had been watching Miss Naked Beauty, a program on channel 4, I've not seen it before, but it raised a discussion. In this episode the girls were asked to remove all their make up including piercings. The reason this was done becomes obvious as the judges were looking for the most natural beauty. I personally wear very little make up, so I want to know your feelings on make up. So what do you think?

Do you prefer the natural look? do you think it makes females look false? or don't you care how much make up a female wears? What's your opinion!

Loqo
22-10-2008, 09:00 AM
I dont mind either, some girls who have loads of makeup can look alright with it, but I think i'd rather have a girl who doesn't wear much though, I'll go for the natural look.

Nemo
22-10-2008, 09:05 AM
I prefer almost natural, sure some if they want but i dont know, loads just makes people look a little too false.

buttons
22-10-2008, 09:24 AM
i'm allergic to a few skin products so i never used to wear foundation or eyeshadow or if i did it would be little so i normally only used mascara but i can wear mineral make-up stuff now so i tend to wear quite alot even if i'm not going out because my eyes just look boring and i always look tired. I know loads of girls who wear lots of make-up and look awful and they look alot better without it but they won't listen, i guess some just don't feel right without it.

camera
22-10-2008, 09:40 AM
i dont wear make up for when i go to school or stay at home.
i dislike wearing make up actually. i just cant be bothered. When i go out tho i wear just abit of eyeliner and lip balm :)
if its a special occasion ill add shadow and mascara too.
thats it

I know of some who does wear it at home believe it or not.

In school most girls wear make up, even if its just eyeliner.
Ive seen some wearing full make up and you can tell by looking that its pretty thick. its so yucky, blegh. i imagine them covering up theyre ugliness. if anything, i think most girls are insecure without make up.

personally, if im a guy, id prefer girls goin natural. its better getting used to natural look even if the girl isnt pretty than getting used to her with so much makeup and then when they go without, ill probably freak out.

Rozi
22-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Personally, as a girl, I don't wear much makeup.

Most of my friends wear make up when they want a confidence boost but I just find it makes me feel so much less confident. I'm always worrying if my foundation is too orange, my mascaras running, my eyeliners smuged or I look like a try-hard. So either way I look awful so I just go natural. Maybe if its a party I'll put on mascara well, without clumps, or some eyeliner if I can find it.

Lots of people were makeup when they shouldn't... Like laceing on a full face of makeup when going to an all girls school when they only people you see are old old fat women and pervy old male teachers and perhaps a year 8 boy?!?!?! AND YUK AT MASCARA CLUMPS! That what anyoys me the most.

N-Dubz
22-10-2008, 10:52 AM
i just have fake tan ad mascara and lipgloss lol & i dont like all this foundation stuff because some girls go out looking a bit umm over done, some girls annoy me with the fact they make it obvious their wearing makeup.
& when i do wear foundation i get fairly afew spots, so i gave up on it!!
ahah though we arnt really aloud makeup in school sooo ahahaha i see natural all the time at my school minority of the time lool.

i dont prefer the natural look, tbh who does LOL.

Virgin Mary
22-10-2008, 11:21 AM
I hate badly blended makeup, bright pink blush, brown blush, clumpy mascara and messy eyeliner. You're only meant to wear it to enhance what you've got, you can't like erase poor bone structure with it.

dirrty
22-10-2008, 11:22 AM
girls who wear a lot of makeup tend to be ugly attempting to look attractive.

Immenseman
22-10-2008, 11:27 AM
It's best used to enhance what you already have like Virgin Mary said. I think as long as it's applied reasonably then it's alright but it's when people slap it on and then they think they're "it", it's just embarassing for them. When I was at school, girls weren't allowed to wear make up until year 11, aha.

Kardan
22-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Personally, it depends on who it is - some girls do look better with make up, but generally I prefer girls that wear less make up rather than more...

Paulio
22-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't mind them wearing a bit of eye liner but foundation and that makes lasses look like slappers.

camera
22-10-2008, 12:20 PM
girls who wear a lot of makeup tend to be ugly attempting to look attractive.
agreed

CJW93
22-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I dont mind girls that wear make up. But they just look rediculous with loads on

Cypher-
22-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Ill tell you what, in all honesty its far better to have a naturally good looking face rather than one caked up with gunge. When im out in clubs and stuff, you dont really notice how much they have on until you see them outside or back at a flat or chippy or something, its a bit offputting sometimes.

CS-dude
22-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey,

Personally I’m not a big fan of make-up, at best its unnoticeable and in most cases it simply makes people look slightly less attractive than they otherwise would.

So not a fan.

CS-dude

Blauw
22-10-2008, 04:43 PM
My sister spends 1-2 hours aday with makup, on off, on off, on off, and lets not even mention hair!!

EleanorG
23-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Thats a very interesting question you have there MissAlice.
Is this programme the one with Gok Wan in it? I think I have seen it advertised at some point.

I don't wear make-up for day-to-day, however if I am going out I will wear make-up but not a lot. Usually foundation, power, blusher, eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss or lipstick.

I see so many young ladies wearing 6 inches of make-up on their faces, just for going to school! I honestly cannot believe the extent of it at times.

Abbie.
23-10-2008, 09:25 PM
bit of fountation and mascara.. i dont slap it on though lol :]

Vickehx
24-10-2008, 07:21 PM
i personally dont like people who wear alot of make-up
i dont wear make up, rare times i wear eyeliner and mascara.

Abbie.
24-10-2008, 07:24 PM
i hate the way people are like

'ur ugly if u wear makeup'

how?

and then u say you wear makeup yourself, last time i checked, eyeliner and lipgloss were infact, makeup.....

chocolate$
24-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I prefer girls who look natural but a little make up can help. Imagine going out with someone with tons of make up on then seeing them in the morning with nothing. It would like ':O'.

e5
24-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Girls suit make-up. I've nothing against them wearing it, I suppose some girls wear it as a comfort thing and don't realise they're naturally beautiful, but make up still makes the perfect girl look nicer. Unless it makes some people look worse, which it has been known to do lol.

also it basically enhances how your good lucks like jake kind of said :8 but i aint a girl obviously :P

Moh
24-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I cant stand girls with aload of makeup on.

I don't mind mild makeup, like a bit of lipstick/lip gloss (but not too unnatural), a bit of mascara and eye shadow. Thats about it really :P

I cant stand people who put like 3 layers of foundation on.

dirrty
24-10-2008, 09:48 PM
girl in my year plasters her face in makeup. you can see a line on her neck and forehead where her makeup ends, and her face is literally orange.

Couturez
24-10-2008, 10:01 PM
tbh, i wear a really nice collection of make-up lol!
but i don't use way to much, use a lil' fake-tan here and there, but thats stopped hhaa!
so yh, i think natural, but with a little eye make-up (;
xox

velvet
24-10-2008, 10:31 PM
I wear way too much, used to bother me but doesn't any more.
It's a pain in the arse and takes me hours but I just put up with it really.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!