PDA

View Full Version : Beta Testers: Free Habbo text converter

CS-dude
22-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Hello,

I'm working on a new free service for Habbo websites/fan sites that will make it easier for novice users to provide a Habbo text converter service's on their own site's. To add the Habbo text converter to a site, all a user need do is copy and paste a small snippet of code on to their own page.

Basic Habbo text converter features list:
* Generates a single image
* 1 click downloads
* Over 20 Habbo fonts
* Supports multiple background colours including transparent backgrounds and a HC banner background.
* font spacing controls

Because i want to keep the service under wraps I’m only offering a private beta, so as to weed out any bugs and gauge what new features may need adding.
If you have a fan site that you'd like to test the service on, or are simply interested in having a quick play. PM me and if your accepted I’ll send you details on how to access the service.

For those interested an API is also in the works so more advanced users , who want more control over how the text generator is presented and used, can still benefit by having many of the more complex aspects handled for them.

Thanks for your time,
CS-Dude

Meti
22-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I could be a BETA tester?
But I don't have fansite :P

Alexz0r
22-10-2008, 11:13 PM
What exactly is this? Like one of those generators oe w.e they are?

HabbDance
22-10-2008, 11:40 PM
I think you mean generator..

and i'll give it a try.

hybride
23-10-2008, 01:17 PM
I think it's great what you are doing but at the moment there is the Habbotools.de text generator (which is being used by most fansites), which has a very large collection of fonts and works flawlessly. What would really benefit fansite owners is an open-source text generator script.

Good luck :)

lSnowie
23-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Do you mean something like

http://www.habbotimes.net/assets/img/itempictures/item.php?i=1

or

http://habbobook.com/systeem/lettergenerator/lettergenerator.php?message=Roflcopter

hmmmm

CS-dude
27-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Hey there,

Thanks for the initial responses and questions :)

I could be a BETA tester?
But I don't have fansite :P
Yep, that's perfectly fine :) I'll pm you with more info shortly.

What exactly is this? Like one of those generators oe w.e they are?
Yes, pretty much. You enter a string in to a text box and it is converted in to the habbo fonts in the form of an image.

I think you mean generator..

and i'll give it a try.
Indeed. Thanks for the interest, ill pm you shortly :)

I think it's great what you are doing but at the moment there is the Habbotools.de text generator (which is being used by most fansites), which has a very large collection of fonts and works flawlessly. What would really benefit fan site owners is an open-source text generator script.

Good luck :)
Well, primarily the systems we provide would be far more easily integrated with peoples own sites. So any Habbo fan site who wanted it could easily add the own.
In functional terms, although habbotools.de’s text generator works well, it lacks a number of advanced features present in my own, for example the ability to output with background images attached (such as the hc-banner and trophy base) along with greater control over font letter spacing (the ability to overlap can improve the appearance of the Asian style font for example)
So, it offers a number of features its competitors do not.

Do you mean something like

http://www.habbotimes.net/assets/img/itempictures/item.php?i=1

or

http://habbobook.com/systeem/lettergenerator/lettergenerator.php?message=Roflcopter

hmmmm
Similar, although the converter is currently for Habbo text generation only, and supports a much wider array of fonts and settings than the letter generator posted :)

Any more questions or interest in participating in the systems beta?

Thanks again to those who answered.
CS-Dude

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!