PDA

View Full Version : Asus EEE PC

Pyroka
22-10-2008, 04:58 PM
I just went on my mums new EEE PC, they're really tidgy!!! It's got a 8.9" screen but tbh, when you're on it for so long you don't actually notice. The keys are a bit bloody small, same with the keyboard but its really really good!

Has anyone got one, or thought of buying one? I might be getting an MSI Wind, which is sorta like it but it's got a better Hard drive, and bigger screen. ^_^

Technologic
22-10-2008, 05:04 PM
MSI = huge in comparison and the battery life sucks ass

scottish
22-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I hate 15" screens never mind 8.9" :P

Yeh i've never bothered about buying one waste of money :P

Pyroka
22-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I was worried about the battery life yeah, but this is a 6-cell not a 3-cell, it's the same battery as the Asus models. :P

CS-dude
22-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Hello,

Personally im more interested in the newer batch of the eee-pc's, there slightly larger but have substantially improved specs including 8 hours of battery life with the new 6 cell batteries. If i had the money, id be very tempted to get me one.
The new eee-box's are another temptation :)

Cs-dude

Joe!
22-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Get the advent one, its an MSI wind with a different brand name. Seriously, it even says msi on the back, i've got one. Very good :)

HotelUser
22-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Get the advent one, its an MSI wind with a different brand name. Seriously, it even says msi on the back, i've got one. Very good :)
Those things?!? Compared to EEEs those are beasts.

I was worried about the battery life yeah, but this is a 6-cell not a 3-cell, it's the same battery as the Asus models. :P
My EEE901 is fantastic, over 5 hour battery life and that's with bluetooth and wireless on. I have had absolutely no problems with my 901, and before I had the 901, I had a 701 which I also had no problems with.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!