PDA

View Full Version : Anime Death note (Dubbed)

Jord
24-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Paul was going to give me a link, But hes not on untill 5 ish

Anyone got a link? Ive finished FMA And watching the movie now.

mat64
24-10-2008, 12:06 PM
http://anime6.org/m6/index.php?_action=item_view&id=237

That any good?

Jord
24-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Ill let you know soon, 21 mins left of the FMA movie :)

Neversoft
24-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Use www.deathnote.tv - They have all the episodes (subbed and dubbed) and all the movies.

But for the love of god, do not watch the dubbed version!

Jord
24-10-2008, 12:49 PM
I cant stand subs!

Neversoft
24-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Non-Japanese dialogue ruins anime. Fact.

Jord
24-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Not fact :(

I cant stand subs, On naruto there like 12 - 13 and they've got deep voices even with girls :S

Neversoft
24-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Not fact :(

I cant stand subs, On naruto there like 12 - 13 and they've got deep voices even with girls :S

Fact.

Since the Japanese version is the original, that's how they were intended to speak. So it's the English version that's wrong, but I guess it's down to preference. In my opinion, Japanese dialogue sounds much more natural.

Dubs are never as accurate as subs are, especially in Death Note. They simplify the story so much through the dubs, it's like America think their audiences are dumb or something. Whats even worse is the Death Note DVDs. Not only do put the dub before the sub, but they base the subtitles for the Japanese version off of the English dub instead of the Japanese script. Talk about cutting corners. Also, since the dub is simplified, that also now makes the subs simplified. You just can't win!

Jord
24-10-2008, 03:35 PM
:(

Well I cant stand subs.

Imo dubs ftw

And on ep 5 of death note :D

Southe,
24-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Yea MANGA dvds tend to do that with all releases.. death note, naruto and bleach. but since ive seen them all before i generaly know whats there saying so i dont mind the crappy subs.

But dubs urgh.. i really cant stand dubs. only exceptions being dragonball and one piece. well anythign funimation really lol.

Naruto - voices irritate me and "Believe it" -.-

PaulMacC
24-10-2008, 05:33 PM
I prefer subs really, I even watched DBZ in subs over the dub.

Neversoft
24-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Yea MANGA dvds tend to do that with all releases.. death note, naruto and bleach. but since ive seen them all before i generaly know whats there saying so i dont mind the crappy subs.

But dubs urgh.. i really cant stand dubs. only exceptions being dragonball and one piece. well anythign funimation really lol.

Naruto - voices irritate me and "Believe it" -.-

And that's why ADV are the best. :8 They put the subs way ahead of the dubs, they base their subtitles off of the Japanese script and unlike Manga Entertainment, they don't flood the DVDs with American extra's, they give you Japanese extra's. I wish I knew what was going on with ADV though! They have been the biggest anime distributor in the world for decades, but recently it seems they've been close to closing down. Just half a year ago they basically owned the anime industry with the titles they had as well. :S

The only anime's in which I prefer dubs over subs are Dragonball Z and Guyver. Dragonball Z sub is alright, but I feel doesn't really fit the characters as good as the English dub does. Did you know that most of the English cast for Dragonball Z have parts in Death Note. With them you would have thought it might have been atleast bearable... As for Guyver, the sub is good, but I prefer the dub because the main character has more passion while shouting "GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYVVVEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in every episode. The guy sounds like some mad man while shouting it in the Japanese dub.

Nemo
24-10-2008, 07:05 PM
FMA sub is just horrible. Girl voice coming out of a huge piece of armor and since they shout a lot, its like gtho and sound normal mmhk.

Yeh, DBZ and FMA are the only dubs i like. Death note dub isnt bad, i dont think eurgh.

Neversoft
24-10-2008, 07:36 PM
FMA sub is better than dub.

L's voice SUCKS in the English dub for Death Note. They picked a guy with no voice acting experience to do it, only because the person picking the voice actor's was a fan of Battlestar Galactica (a show L's American voice actor is in). He was at the expo in may lol, I wanted to kill him.

Nemo
24-10-2008, 07:38 PM
FMA sub is better than dub.

L's voice SUCKS in the English dub for Death Note. They picked a guy with no voice acting experience to do it, only because the person picking the voice actor's was a fan of Battlestar Galactica (a show L's American voice actor is in). He was at the expo in may lol, I wanted to kill him.
Omg you're a fool! FMA sub sucks balls!

Neversoft
24-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Omg you're a fool! FMA sub sucks balls!

As I already pointed out (here (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=5158772#post5158772)) the Japanese dub has a superb cast of voice actor's which do a fantastic job. They're better than the American cast.

Nemo
24-10-2008, 08:03 PM
As I already pointed out (here (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=5158772#post5158772)) the Japanese dub has a superb cast of voice actor's which do a fantastic job. They're better than the American cast.
idc how good they are at it, they sound like girls mmhk.

Plus, werent ed in FMA dub the same as broly in DBZ dub? Or was that vid purposely mind-******* me?

Neversoft
24-10-2008, 08:34 PM
...because they are girls? A girl voiced Ash in Pokemon, and Bart in the Simpsons. You sexist or something? Reported.

Wow, the same person who voiced Ash also voiced his mum and May.

Nemo
24-10-2008, 08:58 PM
...because they are girls? A girl voiced Ash in Pokemon, and Bart in the Simpsons. You sexist or something? Reported.

Wow, the same person who voiced Ash also voiced his mum and May.
Well if a girl voices a guy, then they usually sound somewhat like a guy? correct? Ash sounds like a dude, bart sounds like a dude.

ED AND AL DO NOT SOUND LIKE DUDES MMHK.

Neversoft
24-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Well if a girl voices a guy, then they usually sound somewhat like a guy? correct? Ash sounds like a dude, bart sounds like a dude.

ED AND AL DO NOT SOUND LIKE DUDES MMHK.

Ed doesn't need to sound like a man, as long as his voice actor/actress is the same person who voiced the most awesome coolest badass female slaying yoma hotness (Teresa) in Claymore that's good enough for me.

SEXIST!

ROW ROW FIGHT THA POWA!!!!

Nemo
24-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Ed doesn't need to sound like a man, as long as his voice actor/actress is the same person who voiced the most awesome coolest badass female slaying yoma hotness (Teresa) in Claymore that's good enough for me.

SEXIST!

ROW ROW FIGHT THA POWA!!!!
You're so hypocritcal. You say you hate the guy who picked the person from battlestar galatica as they loved em, well you love em just for that. POINTLESS MMHMMHMHMHK.

Neversoft
24-10-2008, 09:11 PM
You're so hypocritcal. You say you hate the guy who picked the person from battlestar galatica as they loved em, well you love em just for that. POINTLESS MMHMMHMHMHK.

Awh man, ok you got me there (for once). But the guy they picked from Battlestar Galactica has NO experience. The person who voiced Ed in the Japanese version is a great voice actress.

Nemo
24-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Awh man, ok you got me there (for once). But the guy they picked from Battlestar Galactica has NO experience. The person who voiced Ed in the Japanese version is a great voice actress.
Stopped reading at awh man, ok you get me there.

infact, im gonna sig it. :)

Neversoft
24-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Stopped reading at awh man, ok you get me there.

infact, im gonna sig it. :)

You > Me 5% of the time is more like it.

You're only half right. Read the rest of what I said. :P

Nemo
25-10-2008, 09:30 AM
You > Me 5% of the time is more like it.

You're only half right. Read the rest of what I said. :P
But obviously he has experience if he did battlestar galatica?

Neversoft
25-10-2008, 11:28 AM
But obviously he has experience if he did battlestar galatica?

That's acting, not voice acting. Believe it or not, but they are two very different things.

Nemo
25-10-2008, 11:46 AM
That's acting, not voice acting. Believe it or not, but they are two very different things.
Look ill say it now, i dont know completely what battlestar galatica is.

Neversoft
25-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Look ill say it now, i dont know completely what battlestar galatica is.

It's a sci-fi TV series.

Nemo
25-10-2008, 12:09 PM
It's a sci-fi TV series.
i know that, but thats all i know mmhk.

Neversoft
25-10-2008, 12:33 PM
i know that, but thats all i know mmhk.

It's live action... it isn't animated.

Nemo
25-10-2008, 12:56 PM
It's live action... it isn't animated.
Yeh i know that too. its like ermm stargate n stuff

Jord
25-10-2008, 09:27 PM
http://anime6.org/m6/index.php?_action=item_view&id=237

That any good?

Use www.deathnote.tv (http://www.deathnote.tv) - They have all the episodes (subbed and dubbed) and all the movies.

But for the love of god, do not watch the dubbed version!

Link one keep saying "Connection error" for every video.

Link 2 is just music on ep 14...

Josh-sama
04-11-2008, 08:28 PM
That isn't anime. THAT'S CRAP. IT'S A DEADLY OFFSRPING OF ANIME!

The only good dubs:
DBZ and FMA.

Neversoft
04-11-2008, 08:32 PM
That isn't anime. THAT'S CRAP. IT'S A DEADLY OFFSRPING OF ANIME!

The only good dubs:
DBZ and FMA.

Guyver!?!?!?!?!?!?

Josh-sama
04-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Guyver!?!?!?!?!?!?

AND GUYVERR

Although it's lame

"AMG SHIN, A NEW ENEMY WHO'S BIGGER BUT YOU'LL GET A NEW WEAPON IN TIME TO OWN HIM!".

"I see..."

"GUYVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEER"

Neversoft
04-11-2008, 08:45 PM
WHAT!? It's not lame! It's frickin' awesome when Sho shouts Guyver. There is so much passion!

Josh-sama
04-11-2008, 08:48 PM
WHAT!? It's not lame! It's frickin' awesome when Sho shouts Guyver. There is so much passion!

LOL

GUYVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR RRRRRR

Southe,
05-11-2008, 09:29 AM
i watchedsome of the death note dub and i hate L's voice. >.>

Jp voice is better also they guy who voices Ussop from one piece. and mogi is Zoro ^.^ and Franky is.. forgot his name shinigami that comes back for his book.

Anyway Subs > Dubs. Only dubs i'll watch really are Funimation ones. DBZ, One Piece, Black Car, FMA, are the ones ive seen so far and are good. but ones like naruto who irritate me >.> Believe it.

Josh-sama
05-11-2008, 08:53 PM
i watchedsome of the death note dub and i hate L's voice. >.>

Jp voice is better also they guy who voices Ussop from one piece. and mogi is Zoro ^.^ and Franky is.. forgot his name shinigami that comes back for his book.

Anyway Subs > Dubs. Only dubs i'll watch really are Funimation ones. DBZ, One Piece, Black Car, FMA, are the ones ive seen so far and are good. but ones like naruto who irritate me >.> Believe it.

UH! TELL ME ABOUT IT!

Naruto makes me want to scream in English. THEY CAN'T PRONOUNCE JAPANESE.

"yo Nur ra toe" "whats up sass okay"

Southe,
06-11-2008, 10:16 AM
basicaly i have tryed watching some of the naruto dub and others but in key scenes where jp voice actor is putting alot of effort in the scene to make it good, like in an emotional scene. The dubs dont bother with it and just half ass it, i guess its ok for little kiddies who watch it dubbed, cut and spoilt but i rather like watching the way it was intended ^_^ . apart from Funi dubs. lol i like them.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!