PDA

View Full Version : The Return Of Klydo

Awfy
24-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Okay...

As most of you know I once owned a site called Klydo with Caleb which was planning to be the next best thing in web 2.0 social networking. However because of changes in my lives trail it was abandoned to be nearly forgotten. After a while I decided something needs to be built on it as it's too good a brand to let go.

So I've gotten together with some coders who are interested (those being Caleb and Jamie, will have to see if they're still up to it once it gets rolling). This time around we're not going over board and we're not following in the footsteps of MySpace, Facebook, Bebo, Netlog or anything else you can mention. We are going to be a different aspect of social networking so we can show the world that it doesn't have to be a spreadsheet of information.

The reason for this post is to try and get some of it's lost popularity back, as I know there were quite a lot of people who were interested in the original one. Of course this time around we have the help of the lovely guys at Youmeo, so it won't be a flimsy web project - it will actually have a back bone.

It's going to be in development for a while like the original, this time around however we will be asking people to contribute any ideas and suggestions towards us so we can work them into the plan. Things you have been wanting badly from social networks but haven't yet got them would be the best suggestions!

So post you thoughts of the return as well as any ideas you have snuggled in that brain of yours.

Excellent2
24-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Would be cool if you could update your status's on twitter etc :)

Invent
24-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Would be cool if you could update your status's on twitter etc :)

*cough*youmeo*cough*

Calon
24-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Why are you bringing it back? You will compete with Youmeo.

Fehm
24-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Good Luck mate :)
Cant wait until its open :)

Awfy
24-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Why are you bringing it back? You will compete with Youmeo.
Technically it won't be, as Youmeo will also be helping to run Klydo. Therefore it will be making them money too. So either way Youmeo makes money from it :)

kk.
24-10-2008, 10:02 PM
ill be interested in what youlll be doing different against other sites ;)

and this needs somethign doing with on youmeo.. http://www.youmeo.com/go/public/press

i know its beta but still, lorem ipsum text on a live site :)

Awfy
24-10-2008, 10:54 PM
ill be interested in what youlll be doing different against other sites ;)

and this needs somethign doing with on youmeo.. http://www.youmeo.com/go/public/press

i know its beta but still, lorem ipsum text on a live site :)
Keep it about Klydo please ;) My life isn't entirely Youmeo :P

kk.
24-10-2008, 11:03 PM
haha, well i wasnt going to post a thread or be bothered to PM you ;)

and i did, it was just another thing i wanted to add. What will distinguish you in the market then?

Trigs
25-10-2008, 01:04 AM
woopie.

i love how your the founder of 2 social networks and the lead design of another. you must be one busy kahuna :)

Dentafrice
25-10-2008, 01:40 AM
^_^. Looking forward to coding this again.

Jme
25-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Looking forward to trying to keep up with the super genius above... ahaha

Meti
25-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Looking forward to it

Dentafrice
25-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Looking forward to trying to keep up with the super genius above... ahaha
Haha why do you think keeping up to me is a task? ^_^.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!