PDA

View Full Version : iPhone...

lolwut
24-10-2008, 09:25 PM
I was thinking about my Xmas present today when me and my dad where in the O2 store and I saw the iPhone's and was reminded about how cool they are.

Basically, my idea is that I get the iPhone as a Xmas present. I can afford the £35 p/month contract as I get paid that amount per month. (Yes, I do realize this means I have no money for life's luxuries. But having a iP3G is luxury enough. :)

The only thing is, is a iPhone 3G a practical phone for a 15 year old?

I'm out and about and while I don't run into walls too often it can happen and stuff in my pocket can tend to get cracked and smashed. I'm not so sure it would be an issue as I have a 1st generation iPod touch in a Incase case, that's held up to me running into lots of glass doors. Can anyone confirm if this is true with iP3G?

Also, I currently charge my iPT via a Apple FireWire Wall Charger, I've heard people say FW chargers don't work with iP3G. Can anyone confirm this, too?
I know the iP3G's in the US have a wall charger with them but do the UK ones as well?

On top of that, can anyone recommend a strong case for the iP3G? I mean one that will at least make an effort to stop it from getting cracked etc., not one of those polyurethane films which only prevent scratching?

Monopoly
24-10-2008, 09:31 PM
You iPhone should be fine. I've hardly ever heard of cases of those screens even scratching, nevermind smashing.

and yes, the iPhone comes with a charger just like any other phone on the market. :)

Yoshimitsui
24-10-2008, 09:36 PM
The iphones are pretty solid and can take alot of resitance, especialy the first one. I have dropped mine a few times and it still looks good as new. They come with chargers aswel yes.

lolwut
24-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Awesome, but does anyone know if my Apple FW iPod Charger will work with it? I really like it. :)

Monopoly
24-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm sure it will.
It should works the same way as a USB charger.

Stephen!
24-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Iphone looks great, but the functionality you'd expect just isn't there.

lolwut
25-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Iphone looks great, but the functionality you'd expect just isn't there.
I get that there is no MMS-ing (I think) and no Video Calling. But, with the introduction of the App Store (meaning games and etc.), what exactly do you mean by "functionalities that aren't there"..?

Still need a case, anyone?

Recursion
25-10-2008, 02:58 PM
The camera isnt up to today's standards, no video calling etc

dirrty
25-10-2008, 03:00 PM
the camera is very good on the iphone. mms isnt a problem for me, nor is no video calling as i do neither.

e5
25-10-2008, 03:01 PM
The camera is aload of poo, they should have perfect everthing before releasing it, but then again I think it would have cost too much for the price they sell it at.

Yoshimitsui
25-10-2008, 03:12 PM
The camera is aload of poo, they should have perfect everthing before releasing it, but then again I think it would have cost too much for the price they sell it at.

If you are going by the sily number everyone argues about, 2.0 .4567 MPS bla bla bla then then it's really a load of rubbish. The camera on my iphone i believe is great, it beats any phone camera i have seen.

Recursion
25-10-2008, 04:17 PM
I fail to see how it could possibly beat any camera phone out there when it doesn't even have an LED flash, let alone xenon.

Yoshimitsui
25-10-2008, 04:28 PM
I fail to see how it could possibly beat any camera phone out there when it doesn't even have an LED flash, let alone xenon.

Any i have seen/used! Not any out there. None the less, it certainly doesn't give any lines and fuzzy pictre like phones.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!