PDA

View Full Version : community support staff

e5
25-10-2008, 07:50 PM
What do they actually do? I haven't seem any of them about or seen them contributing to the community? :S

Judge Judy
25-10-2008, 07:55 PM
They answer questions via the support system.

e5
25-10-2008, 07:55 PM
lol o rite

Slowpoke
25-10-2008, 08:01 PM
They answer questions via the support system.

I think nvrspk4 does that actually

e5
25-10-2008, 08:02 PM
I think nvrspk4 does that actually
i thort that but idk!!!!!

--ss--
25-10-2008, 08:06 PM
They get people to use the $300 FlashChat.

Aflux
25-10-2008, 08:13 PM
What's that, $300 that could've been used elsewhere?

*NER NER NER* RIGHT ANSWER!

Ourrrrrrrrrrrrr survey says; WASTE, OF, MONEY ding ding ding ding.

FlyingJesus
25-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Basically we are around to make sure that the forum works as a population - tech stuff, content designs, moderation and all that stuff is already working more than well enough (IMO anyway :P) so our job is to make sure that this mini society we have is a pleasant one to be a part of.

The support system as mentioned is up and running, but unfortunately has not yet been configured to the purpose we are going to be using it for. When it is, that will be something that forum members can submit their problems (be it real life or online, involving many or no people, and ranging from bullying to home issues to anything else that can trouble a person) without having to post it on the forum for all to see. This means that confidentiality is extremely high and no-one has to feel embarrassed about their problems: those smaller problems can of course still be posted in teen life etc for more general responses.

As well as that, as Shane mentioned, we're going to start encouraging people to use the flashchat more. I know I know, it isn't really popular at the moment, but it can be really fun and also we feel it puts members and staff on a much more level playing field - everyone can be there with the same right to view and to participate, so any stigmatism that people may feel about staff having a "holier-than-thou" attitude should hopefully be dispersed, and everyone as a community can be in one place to get to know each other and hopefully get along.

There are other tasks and objectives we have but unfortunately I must be off for a real life encounter :P Any more questions do feel free to either post them up here or PM me, and I'll come back to this later

Byeeeeeeeeee for now!

HotelUser
25-10-2008, 08:20 PM
What's that, $300 that could've been used elsewhere?

*NER NER NER* RIGHT ANSWER!

Ourrrrrrrrrrrrr survey says; WASTE, OF, MONEY ding ding ding ding.

Seeing as they could've gotten a flash chat just as good, if not better for free I agree with you.

e5
25-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Do regular competitions on it and it would be used more, but when it gets busy it's gay. It needs to be more controlled rofl.

Anyway, it's busy now cuz ur thred in spam to go into it lol

anywayyy thanks!!!!!!!

Aflux
25-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Basically we are around to make sure that the forum works as a population - tech stuff, content designs, moderation and all that stuff is already working more than well enough (IMO anyway :P) so our job is to make sure that this mini society we have is a pleasant one to be a part of.

The support system as mentioned is up and running, but unfortunately has not yet been configured to the purpose we are going to be using it for. When it is, that will be something that forum members can submit their problems (be it real life or online, involving many or no people, and ranging from bullying to home issues to anything else that can trouble a person) without having to post it on the forum for all to see. This means that confidentiality is extremely high and no-one has to feel embarrassed about their problems: those smaller problems can of course still be posted in teen life etc for more general responses.

As well as that, as Shane mentioned, we're going to start encouraging people to use the flashchat more. I know I know, it isn't really popular at the moment, but it can be really fun and also we feel it puts members and staff on a much more level playing field - everyone can be there with the same right to view and to participate, so any stigmatism that people may feel about staff having a "holier-than-thou" attitude should hopefully be dispersed, and everyone as a community can be in one place to get to know each other and hopefully get along.

There are other tasks and objectives we have but unfortunately I must be off for a real life encounter :P Any more questions do feel free to either post them up here or PM me, and I'll come back to this later

Byeeeeeeeeee for now!

Dare you to post the same thing in about 6 hours ;)

e5
25-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Why why why?

GommeInc
25-10-2008, 08:43 PM
So you're supporting members having cyber in flashchat? I'm in :D

nvrspk4
25-10-2008, 09:22 PM
We already bought the flash chat and we're not getting the money back, seriously get over it :rolleyes:

Slowpoke
25-10-2008, 09:25 PM
We already bought the flash chat and we're not getting the money back, seriously get over it :rolleyes:

It's actually really good at times and it's full at the moment looking at statistics!

e5
25-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Who's complaining about it? :O:O:O

brandon
25-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Who's complaining about it? :O:O:O
People are making jibes at how much they paid for it/that the money could have been spent better elsewhere.

e5
25-10-2008, 09:30 PM
People are making jibes at how much they paid for it/that the money could have been spent better elsewhere.
Oh right. I don't know why because as nvr said it can't be undone...

Judge Judy
25-10-2008, 09:34 PM
It;s only busy because FlyingJesus said it's the place to be in the spam. Hey wait... he's doing well then xD.

But it'll die down again.

e5
25-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Until he makes another thread :8

Mr.OSH
26-10-2008, 12:27 AM
The reason our community support staff have been less productive than usual in the past weeks is due to management issues however now things are sorted out hopefully the community supprot department will move forward and we'll see improvement in the various areas they deal with. :)

FlyingJesus
26-10-2008, 12:58 PM

I couldn't even tell you where I was 6 hours after that post haha

So you're supporting members having cyber in flashchat? I'm in :D

That's the plan yeah, get everyone really intimate so HxF can turn into one big inbred family

It;s only busy because FlyingJesus said it's the place to be in the spam. Hey wait... he's doing well then xD.

But it'll die down again.

Yeah we're having to push people to use it atm, but hopefully if we do so enough then people will start to enjoy it of their own accord :P

le harry
26-10-2008, 01:58 PM
oh, tom against bullying!? unheard of.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!