PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Dell Inspiron 1525? [+18 rep]

jesus
26-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Looking at this offer: http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/scary_offers_notebooks?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&ref=homepg

Spec seems pretty good to me for that price, just wondering if anyone has one of these and are experiences good or bad?

Rep will be given to all useful replies, cheers.

Monopoly
26-10-2008, 01:17 PM
My friend Becky has it.
The only ever problems she's had have been her fault, not the computers. :P

AgnesIO
26-10-2008, 01:21 PM
If you look after it properly it is a really ncie computer!

The 4gb offer, looks fantastic, and i may go for that one myself (My dad has an inspiron, and so does my neighbor)

What are you looking to do with it - Because that will really make the decision!

Robbie
26-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Replying yet again. Sister has one. Very reliable, not broken yet (quite tough too, shes dropped it numerous times)

I have Compaq Presario CQ50 also, thats good.

jesus
26-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Just general web browsing, occasional Photoshops, watching DVD's and stuff. General use. :)

AgnesIO
26-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Just general web browsing, occasional Photoshops, watching DVD's and stuff. General use. :)

How much are you prepared to spend?

Just wandering, as i could look round, and get a view changes to it, that would suit your needs.

P.S. Would microsoft office be required?

jesus
26-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Microsoft Office wouldn't be required.

I'm willing to spend up to £600 for an absolute beast, otherwise under £480 for something that's just very good.

AgnesIO
26-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Ok.

You should really get a 9 cell battery, by customising the laptop. This will give it a llonger last without recharge.

Also if you need a router i reccomend netgear.

Hope this helped,

Dom

scottish
26-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Alienware is the best, but yeh dells are good computers, i've got earlier version of tha and works fine, as does that computer.

As for router belkin all the way.

AgnesIO
26-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Alienware is the best, but yeh dells are good computers, i've got earlier version of tha and works fine, as does that computer.

I have a Belkin G+ Mimo of whatever it is, but the range is CRAP. It cant even get accross my house without disconnecting.

scottish
26-10-2008, 03:39 PM
I have belkin g+ and can go outside even outside my back, also you don't want a huge range otherwise people in other locations can connect to your network if you don't have security..

AgnesIO
26-10-2008, 03:41 PM
I have belkin g+ and can go outside even outside my back, also you don't want a huge range otherwise people in other locations can connect to your network if you don't have security..

Well you have to have some sort of range.

I only live in a 6 bedroom home?

cocaine
26-10-2008, 03:42 PM
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, have done for a good 4 months now.

It's simply amazing, it still runs nice and quietly, and runs very cool indeed - I got an extra GB of RAM for an extra tenner, and a free colour upgrade (I chose alpine white) - and its really fast, great startup times, and best of all it looks very stylish as well, with touch sensitive buttons at the top.

PM me if you need any more help or have any questions ;)

Decode
26-10-2008, 03:49 PM
The Inspiron 1525's have interigated graphics, that may be why they are soo cheap. They will play games, but if you are looking for good texture details and anti anilising i'd get one with a decent graphics card.

Other than that they are good :).

scottish
26-10-2008, 03:50 PM
He said hes only using for general purpose as in browse web dvds etc not games :P

Christian
26-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Oooo. I'm actually interested in one of those now. Dell are quite a good make but the brand name of Dell normally adds extra on just by its self. All I've heard though is good things about them.

AgnesIO
26-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Oooo. I'm actually interested in one of those now. Dell are quite a good make but the brand name of Dell normally adds extra on just by its self. All I've heard though is good things about them.
It does add on a bit of price but no where near as much as:

Nike
Sony
Apply
Samsung and so many more!

They are well worth the buy.

The current offer ends tomoz btw, but i am waiting for the January Sales!

Recursion
26-10-2008, 04:08 PM

Alienware is again a brand and is infact owned by Dell. Dell is not a brand name, it isn't a "fashion" brand.

The inspiron is fantastic for your needs.

scottish
26-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Indeed, but its wholly owned subsidary (sp?) of dell, and doesn't make the exact same laptops, but if i had a choice, i wouldn't say "but dells companys alienware laptops" i'd just say "alienware" :)

Recursion
26-10-2008, 04:14 PM
If you had unlimited money then ofv youd go for Alienware, they have things like SLI in laptops O_O :P

LOLROB
26-10-2008, 04:26 PM

Alienware is a laptop/desktop with some quality stuff put in it and has a big price which you could build for half of what it costs to buy from them
btw alienware is dell ;)

Dells are ok i got a HP

scottish
26-10-2008, 04:29 PM
We're talking about laptops here, i doubt hes confident enough to build his own laptop :P

i know alienware is dell btu they don't portray themself as dell, it may be owned by dell but its a wholly owned subsidary of dell, and choses the name "alienware" which is on the laptops and not "dell".

LOLROB
26-10-2008, 04:33 PM
We're talking about laptops here, i doubt hes confident enough to build his own laptop :P

i know alienware is dell btu they don't portray themself as dell, it may be owned by dell but its a wholly owned subsidary of dell, and choses the name "alienware" which is on the laptops and not "dell".

Okokok have a sticker

='\ dont have a go at me if google was wrong i had that information here (http://www.habboxforum.com/login.php?do=logout)

By the way get the dell it sounds ok

Recursion
26-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Since when could you build your own laptop?

Christian
26-10-2008, 04:37 PM
It's actually not that hard to build a laptop really. It just seems more complicated really when it is still quite as simple as building a desktop. I'd actually rather build a laptop than a desktop.

It does add on a bit of price but no where near as much as:

Nike
Sony
Apply
Samsung and so many more!
True. Sony laptops just seem to be over prices and Apples are actually ok for their price since they are well made but even might as well just get a normal laptop or desktop and install Leopard.

Recursion
26-10-2008, 04:41 PM
You cant build a laptop ¬_¬

clueless
26-10-2008, 04:43 PM
I have that exact laptop, on it now.
Very good and reliable.

scottish
26-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Fail since i check links before clicking AND it requires session token now does it now?

I'm not having a go at you :P

As for the laptop building l0l a desktop is very easy to build, i've never seen someone attempt to build a laptop >_> If its even possible (obviously is to an extent as manufactures make 'em)

Christian
26-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Yep it's possible. Just Google build your own laptop.

Here's the first link for the search:
http://www.custompc.co.uk/features/91286/build-your-own-laptop.html

If you just buy a spares & repairs laptop off eBay with all the items removed from it that don't work you can use that as a base to start off from or start from scratch.

Fifteen
26-10-2008, 05:39 PM
i got one
they r fit

lolwut
26-10-2008, 05:45 PM
You could always get a Mac...

But yeah that Dell looks like it should be fine for you.

scottish
26-10-2008, 05:48 PM
So, unlike desktops, which allow you to mix and match a wide variety of components, laptops usually only come with the options supplied by the manufacturer, which has made it pretty pointless to attempt a self-build.

Christian
26-10-2008, 05:53 PM
So, unlike desktops, which allow you to mix and match a wide variety of components, laptops usually only come with the options supplied by the manufacturer, which has made it pretty pointless to attempt a self-build.

You can still save money even if you just buy all the same parts. You can still mix and match also still but just more limited.

scottish
26-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Or you can get it proffesionally made for a few quid more.

jesus
26-10-2008, 06:00 PM
The Inspiron 1525's have interigated graphics, that may be why they are soo cheap. They will play games, but if you are looking for good texture details and anti anilising i'd get one with a decent graphics card.

Other than that they are good :).that's the only ting stopping me buying it, the graphics. can you install aftermarket graphics cards on laptops? if not, surely the graphics can't be that bad. i play some games but not all the time.

cheers

Christian
26-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Or you can get it proffesionally made for a few quid more.

You can still save quite a bit not just a few quid. Anyway even if you were just to make your own and save a few quid it's worth the satisfaction :P. It's like having a baby :D

scottish
26-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Hitmat you can upgrade the graphics card but the choice is limited in a laptop.

AgnesIO
26-10-2008, 07:00 PM
that's the only ting stopping me buying it, the graphics. can you install aftermarket graphics cards on laptops? if not, surely the graphics can't be that bad. i play some games but not all the time.

cheers

Hmm, the graphics card isnt exactly bad.

You could try an XPS.

Decode
26-10-2008, 07:10 PM
You could always get a Mac...

But yeah that Dell looks like it should be fine for you.
Why would anyone do that? You get more for your money with dell.

Recursion
A Dell XPS would be the way to go just for occasional gaming.

Don't listen to these guys, your not better off building it your self, oyur using second hand parts, that probably wont work together, with absoluetely no warranties.

You can't upgrade them very easily at all, it takes a lot of doing to get it even remotely working again

scottish
From what i seen its the X1300 if i remember correctly, which is bad.

woweezanant
24-11-2008, 04:06 PM
I really want one of them :]

Their graphics I heard is very good! Somebody said they were bad. >.o

for £299 its very good. Can somebody explain why?

Tim.
24-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I have the dell inspiron with 2 GB Ram, 320 Gig hard disk and some other things. THe only problem i've had is really with a game i've had - Call of duty 4.

Metric1
25-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I have a black one.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!