PDA

View Full Version : Laptop screen

Hitman
26-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey.

A while ago (a month or two) a line of pixels on my laptops screen went funny. They didn't die or get stuck, but the line was a lighter shade of the pixels it was meant to be showing. I left it, because there wasn't much I could do.

About a week or two ago 20% of the screen died. It's the right hand part of the screen, where the dodgy pixels were. Now, the pixels sometimes flicker different colours, but not as each individual pixel, they show them in a line from the top to the bottom. Usually they just stay black.

They're not dead - and they're not stuck. I dunno what's wrong with them.

I've tried massaging the pixels and flashing different colours where the pixels are, no use.

If anybody knows how to fix it, please reply, I'll give 1 months V.I.P. to the user that suggests the solution that fixes it - if it's fixable.

Thanks.

scottish
26-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Try putting a proper monitor onto it see if its the same problem
Try getting a picture of it as its hard to determine whats wrong without pictures :P

Hitman
26-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Try putting a proper monitor onto it see if its the same problem
Try getting a picture of it as its hard to determine whats wrong without pictures :P

I might try on my dads gf's monitor - are there any viruses that kill monitor screens? Just wondering...

You wont beleive it. I left my laptop for 30 mins on a webpage, come back and the pixels have bloody done the same! Now 40% of my screen had died. Damn it!

I'll get some pics soon.

BTW, when I startup the screen is dodgy - it's like it whatever's on the screen.

Andys
26-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Hmm it sounds like it's burning in from your above post.
But I thought that could only happen on plasma screens :S

Yoshimitsui
26-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Mine like did that. There are checks you can do to see if it's the screen. Hold D when starting up.

Mine ended up being the motherboard.

Hitman
27-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Mine like did that. There are checks you can do to see if it's the screen. Hold D when starting up.

Mine ended up being the motherboard.I held D but it kinda froze the computer until I pressed D again. :(

It's really annoying.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!