PDA

View Full Version : Time Problem

Kaveri
29-10-2008, 09:54 PM
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:53 PM.

Just thought I'd point this out.

-Eyeless-
29-10-2008, 10:32 PM
I dont have that problem...

Jordy
29-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Just go here (http://www.habboxforum.com/profile.php?do=editoptions) (Edit Options) and change it to (GMT Western Africa & Europe) ;)

nvrspk4
30-10-2008, 01:49 AM
Yus its easiest to change your time. DST isn't in America till this Saturday and Jelsoft/vBulletin is an American product so its easier to wait for it to convert as opposed to messing with it each time.

Earthquake
30-10-2008, 01:50 AM
Shouldn't the default be london time?

nvrspk4
30-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Shouldn't the default be london time?

The default is based off GMT, however the forum autocorrect date can't be changed (I think...), so it uses the American DST though the forum time is GMT.

Mayyte
30-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Now this problem has been sorted out.
The thread should be closed :)
Just going to PM a SMod to come and do it now..

Minstrels
30-10-2008, 04:04 PM
The problem has not been sorted out, my board is still one hour ahead. I will PM a Super Moderator and inform them not to close the thread.

Mayyte
30-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Nvr has given a general overview of the problem and it has been sorted, he told us that American DST doesn't change for another few days, however, you can edit the time yourself but as Nvr said, he wouldn't recommend it as the time will change automatically in a few days. Lastly, there no problem with the time for me. :)

Plank
30-10-2008, 04:12 PM
http://uploadpicz.com/images/YRSNEJH.dib

Make sure the settings in your user CP look like that (daylight savings for GMT on). If they do, everything should be normal.

DST updated for me last sunday as normal.

This is what Jin said in the bug forum, so if your time isn't correct it's something wrong up your end.

Your timezone is incorrect its set to GMt + 1 which is brussels etc set it to GMT whick is the uk.

Beneath that the DST settings (daylight savings time) are the settings that control if our clocks are an hour forward or backward.

Set that to automatic.

This is not a bug but a user error, this will therefore be closed.

Minstrels
30-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Nvr has given a general overview of the problem and it has been sorted, he told us that American DST doesn't change for another few days, however, you can edit the time yourself but as Nvr said, he wouldn't recommend it as the time will change automatically in a few days. Lastly, there no problem with the time for me. :)
The problem has not been fixed until the time is normal for people without us having to edit it ourselves. We have been given an explanation however that is not fixing it.

Mayyte
30-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Nvr assured us that the time will change when it changes in America as that is the forum default..

Plank
30-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Nvr assured us that the time will change when it changes in America as that is the forum default..
Nvr said "I think..." and he was wrong. DST would have updated last Sunday at the normal time in the UK if he had the correct settings applied.

buttons
30-10-2008, 04:33 PM
no. no. no. no. no.
if it's been sorted you don't need to post unless you're contributing to the thread, otherwise just no, we don't need to know if you're going to pm a smod to close it.
ye, i had this problem when the forum went down yday, i changed it though.

Mayyte
30-10-2008, 04:36 PM
no. no. no. no. no.
if it's been sorted you don't need to post unless you're contributing to the thread, otherwise just no, we don't need to know if you're going to pm a smod to close it.
ye, i had this problem when the forum went down yday, i changed it though.

Hmm I can say if I wanted to, so I have and I did contribute to the conversation.

Nvr said "I think..." and he was wrong. DST would have updated last Sunday at the normal time in the UK if he had the correct settings applied.

Yes, that is true but the forum might have not even updated itself yet.. some forums take longer than others! :)

Plank
30-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Hmm I can say if I wanted to, so I have and I did contribute to the conversation.

Yes, that is true but the forum might have not even updated itself yet.. some forums take longer than others! :)
The problem for the thread starter is that he has the incorrect settings, hence why his time says "GMT +2" when it should say "GMT" which can easily be changed by following what Jin said in my other post. The forum has updated, it shouldn't take over 4 days to update a time?

Mayyte
30-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Give Jin a chance though, he does alot for Habbox and he is a very busy person.. give him a break! :)

Plank
30-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Give Jin a chance though, he does alot for Habbox and he is a very busy person.. give him a break! :)
Seriously what the hell are you on about? Jin so far has had nothing to do with this thread, expect where I quoted him.

Jin
30-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Right okay i am going to do this again.

Our time on HabboxForum.com is 100% correct by the standards of GMT time.

You can test this by looking at the time at the end of the forum listings when you are NOT logged in (therefore viewing the forum as a guest).

If the time is incorrect when you have logged in, this is because you havent set up your accounts time and date options incorrectly.

Looking at every person who has complained about incorrect time issues on this forum I can say that each and every one of you have incorrect timezones set.

So lets correct this.

If the time on your profile is incorrect I want you all to do the following,

Go to http://www.habboxforum.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to "Date and Time options"

Set the timezone to YOUR timezone for which most of you it will be GMT because you live in the UK.

Set the DST settings to automatic.

Click save.

Of course this could have been fixed about 2 hours ago if you have all read Plank's post.

http://uploadpicz.com/images/YRSNEJH.dib

Make sure the settings in your user CP look like that (daylight savings for GMT on). If they do, everything should be normal.

DST updated for me last sunday as normal.

This is what Jin said in the bug forum, so if your time isn't correct it's something wrong up your end.

Now there is nothing else left to say on this topic other than if you get a security token error, change to the classic skin. This is a known bug in some styles but not others.

Thread Closed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!