PDA

View Full Version : [+12rep]Get Iphone? Or other?

Ostinato
30-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Hiya.

Basically I am wanting one of these touch phone thing ma jigs.

I am wanting one which is unlocked and will just let me use my sim only contract cause I get 600 mins, unlimited texts on that for 20 quid - so just want the unlocked handset.

Basically I don't know whether to get iphone, samsung omnia, samsung tocco or the g1 android?

I think the iphone is pretty cool, but my main question about them all - is if I have unlimited internet access (as part of my contract) will it allow me to just use all the features on them? Such as the iphone, would I just be able to use all the stuff with my unlimited data? lol

Which is better? I know theres a love hate relationship with the iphone, but I guess I am kinda looking for one with a good music player too. Not too fussed about camera and that, main use will be texting, phone calls and music - and then hopefully internet and emails etc.

Ta

Captain
31-10-2008, 02:11 AM
I suggest the iPhone, I personally think it's a great phone but with a poor camera. I have one and I suggest that you get one too! :)

Rapidshare
31-10-2008, 02:34 AM
sorry for asking, but do you have the link to that 20 pound deal you got?

Earthquake
31-10-2008, 02:36 AM
I suggest the iPhone, I personally think it's a great phone but with a poor camera. I have one and I suggest that you get one too! :)
A phone isn't about a camera, its about what it does and if its a good calling and texting device, the iphone is amazing I have had one, althought there is various glitchs, its amazing.

Although, I wouldn't recommend advertising your iPhone to your friends or people you don't know as I tried to buy some weed of someone and they stole my iphone, my shoes, £70, and my beat me up.

Captain
31-10-2008, 02:44 AM
They stole your shoes? LOL. Are they the shoes in your signature? :(

Edited by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, this also includes going off-topic.

Rapidshare
31-10-2008, 02:45 AM

LOL REP+

Earthquake
31-10-2008, 03:03 AM
No lol, they ones I had cost me £90, they got abit jealous and some boy said hes taking my crips.. I had to walk home without any shoes and looked a complete mess

Moh
31-10-2008, 03:57 AM
A phone isn't about a camera, its about what it does and if its a good calling and texting device, the iphone is amazing I have had one, althought there is various glitchs, its amazing.

Although, I wouldn't recommend advertising your iPhone to your friends or people you don't know as I tried to buy some weed of someone and they stole my iphone, my shoes, £70, and my beat me up.
The reason you pay more for a phone is to have better features, and since most other expensive phones have decent cameras, you would expect the iPhone to as well (I duno what the iPhone camera's like as I haven't really looked into them).

So if you could get a phone with the same features, but with a better camera, which one would you go for? (well, if the brand was a good make as well)

Earthquake
31-10-2008, 04:18 AM
The reason you pay more for a phone is to have better features, and since most other expensive phones have decent cameras, you would expect the iPhone to as well (I duno what the iPhone camera's like as I haven't really looked into them).

So if you could get a phone with the same features, but with a better camera, which one would you go for? (well, if the brand was a good make as well)
Good point, +rep.

Although, camera isn't really needed, a good camera is a bonus and attracts customers in this day of age.

mb-group.net
31-10-2008, 01:13 PM
The iPhone is very cool, but it misses basic features like MMS, Lanscape Keyboard, Memory slot, decent camera and a 32GIG version wouldn't hurt! I have the iPod Touch for exactly those reasons.

Recursion
31-10-2008, 02:02 PM
It has a landscape keyboard for internet.. thats about it LOL

You
31-10-2008, 02:03 PM

Lol, As if you even had an iPhone in the first place :S.

Rapidshare
31-10-2008, 02:11 PM
and lol at you taking all your stuff with ya when your getting weed lols

Edited by Meti (Forum Moderator): Please post constructively.

Meti
31-10-2008, 02:14 PM
If I were you, I'd definatly buy iPhone.
But the problem with iPhone, is the price. It's expensive because the name is iPhone.
If it was another company, like Samsung, LG etc, it would of been cheaper.

Anyways, that what I'd buy :)

DaveTaylor
31-10-2008, 02:18 PM
It has a landscape keyboard for internet.. thats about it LOL

not in 2.2 beta :eusa_whis

anyway if you have any questions about the iPhone feel free to ask I have had mine since April and loved using it.

Ostinato
31-10-2008, 02:44 PM
sorry for asking, but do you have the link to that 20 pound deal you got?

It's just the o2 simplicity... search for it on o2 website.

The iPhone is very cool, but it misses basic features like MMS, Lanscape Keyboard, Memory slot, decent camera and a 32GIG version wouldn't hurt! I have the iPod Touch for exactly those reasons.

;o it doesn't have mms? That is a bit of a bum... lol Hmmm I donno what to get.

Any opinions on samsung tocco/omnia? (what is even the difference between them lol)

Josh-H
31-10-2008, 05:55 PM
With unlimited data you could use anything on the phone that requires an internet connection... so pretty much anything.

Only thing that doesn't work on unlocked handsets is visual voicemail.

I'd go for the iPhone, they're raelly great and the UI and touchscreen are brilliant, real class leaders.

mb-group.net
31-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Think of the missing features...

Ostinato
31-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Hmmm I dno... lol

Any clarification on mms?

mb-group.net
31-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Their isn't any MMS, which I think makes the phone an "epic fail!".

But, you can e mail photos to peoples computers (or phones if they have their email coming to their phone).

Recursion
01-11-2008, 01:37 PM
You can get MMS if you jailbreak but that goes against O2's and Apple's TOS.

Ostinato
03-11-2008, 05:43 PM
You can get MMS if you jailbreak but that goes against O2's and Apple's TOS.

Well so is unlocking it in the first place so that's not really an issue lol.

So if I jailbraked it I would be able to have mms?

bigdavecox90
06-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Have a look at the Sony Ericsson X1 Xperia also, looks very smart.

dirrty
06-11-2008, 11:06 PM
the camera on the iphone is good. people who say otherwise are just chatting **** and are only going by the 2 megapixel stat, even though it is actually much better than that.

Recursion
06-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Its 1.8mp with absolutely no flash, not even LED, how could it possibly be good?!

blanky12!
06-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Its 1.8mp with absolutely no flash, not even LED, how could it possibly be good?!
i think the only reason think it's good becasue of how you take them.

I love my iPhone, I get free unlimited data from o2 for 12months, and I love it.

Easy to use, etc. I've jailbroken mine, got some good themes and features on it even video camrea!!

dirrty
06-11-2008, 11:16 PM
taking pictures with it, it doesnt even slightly resemble a 1.8mp. whenever ive taken pictures, its also comes out clear. i do agree that no flash is the downside to it, but i think thats about it really for the camera.

Recursion
06-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Try blowing the image up to A3 size, or even A4 size.

dirrty
06-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Try blowing the image up to A3 size, or even A4 size.
but i would never need to, therefore it wouldnt be a problem...

and if i was going to do that, i wouldnt use a camera fone, but a propa one.

Recursion
06-11-2008, 11:34 PM
But today's standards of phones (N96, N95, SE C905 etc..) could easily cope with that kinda thing and can stand up to digital cameras.

:job2
07-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Think about how crap the iPhone would look with some HUGE camera on the back. Also, the phone itself isnt even 4inches long and about half an inch thick, the screen is 3.5inches long... how do you expect them to fit a realy amazing camera in that kind of space :P And if they were able too, how much would it force the cost of the phone to go up?

Kevin
07-11-2008, 08:29 AM
The iPhone is a pretty cool phone, and ovcourse has an MP3 Player built into it. Most people prefer ipods to zens ect, So the MP3 Player is one good feature.

They have also inproved it allot in the 3G iphone.

IPods are what brought apple back to life, So if your looking for a Proper size MP3 player+Phone the iPhone is the way to go

HotelUser
11-11-2008, 05:08 PM
The iPhone is a pretty cool phone, and ovcourse has an MP3 Player built into it. Most people prefer ipods to zens ect, So the MP3 Player is one good feature.

They have also inproved it allot in the 3G iphone.

IPods are what brought apple back to life, So if your looking for a Proper size MP3 player+Phone the iPhone is the way to go

Microsoft sinking $150 million dollars in Apple back in 97 sure didn't hurt them either:rolleyes:.

iPhones are decent enough if you have money to burn, though I would never buy an iPhone, due to lack of keyboard.

mb-group.net
16-11-2008, 04:13 PM
The iPhone has a lot of features, but misses basic ones.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!