PDA

View Full Version : Holidays Dying?

Captain
01-11-2008, 01:03 AM
I've noticed that the holiday events are losing their touch a tad. This halloween I've noticed that not many people make an effort anymore. Years ago people used to decorate their houses and kids used to make a real effort to look scary. Now it's just a bin bag and a crappy 99p mask in some cases.

This is happening at Christmas too, everyone just isn't as excited about Christmas as they used to be. I used to see loads of houses that were full of lights and decorations nowadays they just put a little bit of holly on the door. Christmas presents aren't a suprise anymore since most parents ask their children what they'd like, which is a probably killer for the seasonal holidays.

Personally I think we're all losing a bit of holiday spirit.

camera
01-11-2008, 01:06 AM
everyone's all busy with making money.
well it is over here.

Scouse
01-11-2008, 01:20 AM
yep i agree. like tonight, i didnt see any kids out, when i was a kid there was loads of people out! and mizzy night last night was the same.

wolfsburg
01-11-2008, 01:25 AM
i hate it at christmas when you get a house which you can't see for lights, it's more a boasting contest than retaining the spirit of christmas, usually we just have a holly on the door and a nice tree inside.

Scouse
01-11-2008, 01:27 AM
suppose kids are growing up to fast now & rather go round stabbing than getting sweets.

Captain
01-11-2008, 01:28 AM
Tonight, only 3 people knocked at my door. When I was little I used to see tonnes of other kids walking about in their costumes with their mum and dad. I also used to get atleast a full bag of sweets and my little brother came home tonight without about 14 sweets. I was like, have you even been anywhere? My mum took him round EVERYWHERE and people we're just being stingy.

friday
01-11-2008, 01:31 AM
when i was younger, than i am now.
can't speak that young i'm only 13.

howeva. today i went lee evans so not my fault i didn't go&& you get the k**** out egging nowadays

Captain
01-11-2008, 01:40 AM
I know, I think some parents are a bit scared of taking their kids out trick or treating because of morons who think they look cool, in their tracksuits from the market, egging people and even.. snatching little kids bags of sweets. I mean, how low can you get?

friday
01-11-2008, 01:43 AM
Its silly i know.
My mates brother (5) doesnt go out because of silly little eggers.

Captain
01-11-2008, 01:46 AM
The sad thing is, they think they look hard when really they look like prats who have nothing better to do. We need police like the ones in Russia were they don't take crap from anybody.

ToxicPaddy
01-11-2008, 01:48 AM
I've noticed that the holiday events are losing their touch a tad. This halloween I've noticed that not many people make an effort anymore. Years ago people used to decorate their houses and kids used to make a real effort to look scary. Now it's just a bin bag and a crappy 99p mask in some cases.

This is happening at Christmas too, everyone just isn't as excited about Christmas as they used to be. I used to see loads of houses that were full of lights and decorations nowadays they just put a little bit of holly on the door. Christmas presents aren't a suprise anymore since most parents ask their children what they'd like, which is a probably killer for the seasonal holidays.

Personally I think we're all losing a bit of holiday spirit.
I think its because of 2 things:

Credit crunch, so no one can afford to splash out on occasions like this anymore, and
We're just getting older.

Loser
01-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Oh Christ. Grow a pair. Halloween is the ****test 'holiday' ever. Why should people be buying sweets for little kids to come begging for them? I say little kids, when really it's teenagers who fancy having some sweeties.

Reasons for people not doing it other than this is that the world is full of paedophiles and rapists and it's just not safe to be outside anymore.

Captain
01-11-2008, 01:56 AM
I think its because of 2 things:

Credit crunch, so no one can afford to splash out on occasions like this anymore, and
We're just getting older.

Yeah the Credit Crunch is a beneficial factor in this but it's been happening over the past few years, also I don't like getting older ;( I miss waking up at half 5 in the morning to open my presents before anyone elseee.

Oh Christ. Grow a pair. Halloween is the ****test 'holiday' ever. Why should people be buying sweets for little kids to come begging for them? I say little kids, when really it's teenagers who fancy having some sweeties.

Reasons for people not doing it other than this is that the world is full of paedophiles and rapists and it's just not safe to be outside anymore.

Err.. why be a **** about it? I know halloween is the worst holiday ever, but this thread isn't disputing which holiday is better than which is it? No it isn't. People don't have to buy sweets for little kids, it's not really about that incase you read the actual thread.

ToxicPaddy
01-11-2008, 02:02 AM
also I don't like getting older ;( I miss waking up at half 5 in the morning to open my presents before anyone elseee

same here! last year I got up at 9am and i felt really bad about it lol its usually like 6 im up :P

friday
01-11-2008, 02:04 AM
5am here
still do ;)

Captain
01-11-2008, 02:12 AM
I always say that I don't care about Christmas and i'll probably get up at 12pm but I actually usually get up about 6 or 7ish, sadly enough.

friday
01-11-2008, 02:17 AM
I love xmas!! dont we all?

Tim.
02-11-2008, 02:16 PM
its because people get presents and such through the year likewise with sweets so its not so special.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!