PDA

View Full Version : MS Word Issue + Rep

Dan2nd
01-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah who ever fixes this problem for me will get + rep

Basically I recently had to buy a new version of MS word.. its already annoying because all the menus are weird and they layout is different however something that is getting even more on my nerves is when I press enter to go to the next line it skips the next line and goes to the second one down. The only way I can make it goes to the next line down is if I hold the space bar down which is just stupid.. so does anyone know how I can change the settings to stop it doing this because I've looked like everywhere but like i said the layout is different so it is hard to find where I'm going..

I wish I could use the old version of MS word but the rest of my family used up all 5 of the installs your aloud to use.. so yeah below is an image of what it looks like to help so you have an idea of what I'm looking at....

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4746/msnwordpx9.jpg

Jin
01-11-2008, 01:41 PM
This isnt really a bug, its standard of word 07 to do this, if you understand html then you will understand that when you press enter it is using <p> tags instead of BR.

To avoid this if you want the next line hold shift and press enter and it will go to the next line instead of the next paragraph.

Alternatively, in the home tab go to the styles section and select "no spacing" and then when you hit enter it will go to the next limne rather than the next paragraph.

To summarise:

Word 2007

Enter = Next paragraph
Shift + Enter = New line.

Alternatively you can set all your styles to go to the next line by right clicking on a style class (eg right clicking on "normal" in the styles section), going to modify and selecting single spacing.

(Single spacing is a button with 3 horizontal lines, located next to buttons that control text alignment)

Dan2nd
01-11-2008, 01:57 PM
This isnt really a bug, its standard of word 07 to do this, if you understand html then you will understand that when you press enter it is using <p> tags instead of BR.

To avoid this if you want the next line hold shift and press enter and it will go to the next line instead of the next paragraph.

Alternatively, in the home tab go to the styles section and select "no spacing" and then when you hit enter it will go to the next limne rather than the next paragraph.

To summarise:

Word 2007

Enter = Next paragraph
Shift + Enter = New line.

Alternatively you can set all your styles to go to the next line by right clicking on a style class (eg right clicking on "normal" in the styles section), going to modify and selecting single spacing.

(Single spacing is a button with 3 horizontal lines, located next to buttons that control text alignment)

Ah! Awesome thanks Jin! + rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!