PDA

View Full Version : [Dev] Forum Updates

nvrspk4
03-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey all,

Another round of extremely late-night forum updates to brighten up your Monday mornings! A couple of changes coming about this week, so without further ado:

Relaunch of Community Support and CS Support Section
Forum Games Post Count
Recreating "Post Your" Threads and my incredible inefficiency
A reminder regarding SMS VIP
A new CONGRATULATIONS Forum

I swear I had more, but maybe not. Anyway, here goes!

nvrspk4
03-11-2008, 08:59 AM
We have "relaunched" the Community Department so to speak as it never really kicked off before. We aim to have the Community Department as a sort of liason between the members and the staff, to help improve relations. To do that we've formulated some of the responsibilities of CS, which we may be adding to in the future. Here's a quick summary FlyingJesus put together!

The revamped (and very beautiful) Community Support team has 7 major objectives. They are as follows:

1) To ensure there is a positive atmosphere throughout the forum and report any problems such as bullying or trolling.
Pretty self explanatory. We watch for "problem areas" around the forum and work with the moderation department to decrease issues.

2) To promote the flashchat and talk to members to build relations between staff and members.
Ok ok we know... chat isn't popular. However it can be a fun and useful tool when it does get going, and everyone there logs in as equals. We may also be getting some comps/events going there so keep an eye out ;)

3) To ensure the FAQ is always up to date and reporting anything that should be added to the forum management.
Nothing to say about this really, we just have to try keeping the FAQ as factual as possible.

4) Running the Member Debates.
We are basically here to make sure that debates run smoothly. We're also contemplating having staff-run debates come back as a properly looked after feature with real "winners".

5) Suggesting new ideas to Forum Management.
Another that's self-explanatory really - CS staff should be keeping a keen eye out for any important developments that may be beneficial and reporting back to the powers that be. Often Forum Management miss something so CS gets the ideas through.

6) To check up on general forum tidiness.
Updating stickied threads, sifting through the rubbish and picking out gems - it's our job to "prune" the forum to keep it looking neat and easy to get around.

7) Replying to support tickets in the Support System.
This is an entirely new feature in the system so we'll have it explained in greater detail - read on! Also we will be responding to General Feedback and Technical Questions, however ban and infraction related issues will be dealt with by Moderation.

The Community Support Team has opted to trial a new system to allow members an outlet for help. Primarily this is when Forum Bullying or forum problems are going on, but the CS team will also reach out to members in need of other types of help. For an explanation we once again go to the lovely FlyingJesus:

If you've been around the Teens section at all you'll have noticed how many threads there can sometimes be of people seemingly at the end of their tether and often really needing help. In an ideal world people could make such threads and be helped as required, but any free-speaking forum is going to have a combination of some good advice and a fair amount of poor advice and/or abuse. The Support System - previously used mostly for technical help, password retrieval and other suchs matters - now has a new section.

If you get to www.habboxforum.com/support (http://www.habboxforum.com/support) (found on ban appeal pages but also at the verrrry bottom as the "contact us" link) you will find yourself facing a login screen. Signing in here with your forum name and password enters you into HxF eSupport just as has been the case since its conception. Now, however, clicking "submit a ticket" has the added option of sending a ticket to "Member Support" - the realm of the CS team. This should be used for forum or personal issues with which you need help but don't want the world to know: only CS staff can see these issues, and they are chosen for their trustworthiness as much as their work ethic and skill. Anything submitted here is treated with the highest confidentiality and you can get one-on-one help from a CS staff member without any fear of people learning any dark or embarrassing truths about you that you'd just rather not have revealed, or even small issues that you'd rather have handled off the forum and away from the prying eyes of the world's population.

nvrspk4
03-11-2008, 09:06 AM
In what has proven to be a very contentious issue with the forum nearly divided on opinion, we have made our decision on post counts in Forum Games. We evaluated not only vote number but the quality of the arguments of those supporting each side. It seems that more of those who wanted post counts not to rise had logical reasons whereas some of those who wanted them to rise had less logical reasons like "WHY NOT" or they cared about their own post count. This is not to say that all were like that but some were.

Also, one key issue is that now with the rank system you get extra privileges for extra posts. Therefore, a contribution should be made for you to gain extra priviliges.

So the old posts still count for the reasons explained in last week's threads, however the new forum has been created and you can now create threads.

The rules on "What is a Game" no longer apply, since post count doesn't rise. Feel free to pick up a game that has been locked away in the subforum and start where it left off. Also, you can post games that have little incentives, for example, those who can post 100 times in a row get a prize or things like that that are just for fun.

Hopefully you all enjoy this change.

nvrspk4
03-11-2008, 09:24 AM
So in the coming days I hope to put up some of the more meritous "Post Your" threads, for the most part the appeals for which are sitting in my inbox.

I apologize for not sorting those (and the other PMs which I've nearly all but caught up on) but due to personal issues I haven't had the time to since I haven't really caught up from when I had to drastically reduce my online time for a few days to deal with family matters.

I'm also helping in the election so Mon + Tues should be nice and hectic :D

But you don't care about my life story! This is simply to explain the delay with PMs and Post Your Threads.

So yeah that's it for this segment!

nvrspk4
03-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Just a quick reminder for you SMS VIP Buyers out there.

ONLY BUY ONE MONTH PER 24 HOURS

That means one text per phone. Not just one month per member per day, one text per phone. This isn't a silly limit on our part, sometimes payments go missing or don't come through, therefore to ensure that you don't get gypped we have to put this into place!

Thanks!

nvrspk4
03-11-2008, 09:30 AM
We have created a new forum right under Welcome that is called CONGRATUALTIONS Forum, except its not really in capitals. This is for all kinds of congratulations, from new jobs, to promotions, to birthdays, to graduations! You name it, it can go here (alternatively it can go in the Spam Forum, but that's not as much fun!)

Post counts will not rise but that doesn't mean you shouldn't say Congrats! It'll only take you a minute!!!!

Enjoy :)

A quick note, we will be working on the issue with the Report Rep Thread, there are underlying issues which makes it less simple to deal with than one might think :P But rest assured we are aware and working on it.

That's all folks!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!