PDA

View Full Version : Just my opinion

Sulai
03-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I think its digusting that habbo are charging for a poppy sticker.

do they donate the takings to the British Lgin?

:Act
03-11-2008, 02:47 PM
wasnt it like 1 credit last year?
or were they free?
I know there was like something where they sed they'd donate a certain amount to the Charity..
can anyone shed some light on this? thanks :)

Cherpi
03-11-2008, 03:13 PM
i arnt being tight but habbo are REALLY greedy, there whole lives are built on money, they DONT donate anything because they need all the money to make there offices and pay the staff, if u ask me habbo has gone downhill and is just for the money!

DPS
03-11-2008, 03:32 PM
why buy one on habbo ;l means nothing buy one inrl :)

Fifteen
03-11-2008, 03:41 PM
http://www.habbo.co.uk/groups/RemembranceDay

!!!!!!DONATION NEWS!!!!!!
In 2007 we donated a proportion of money to the Royal British Legion from the sale of poppies. A whopping £100. Well done everyone, that was £100 extra from you guys!
Lets get buying them in 2008 so we can send some more!

Kyle
03-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I think its digusting that habbo are charging for a poppy sticker.

do they donate the takings to the British Lgin?

You have to pay for them irl:rolleyes: yes they do donate a portion of the money

Frisky
03-11-2008, 10:25 PM
A WHOPPING £100!!!!!!!11111111

omgzz..

Arent they like... billionairs?

Hiro
04-11-2008, 11:21 AM
A WHOPPING £100!!!!!!!11111111

omgzz..

Arent they like... billionairs?

Lol, 1 Poppy sticker = 10 pence. It's gonna take quite a bit to get to 100 quid. xD

Sulai
04-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Lol, 1 Poppy sticker = 10 pence. It's gonna take quite a bit to get to 100 quid. xD

but they must sell ALOT... specially with the amount of people playing habbo nowadays

Earthquake
05-11-2008, 04:34 AM
I would rather buy 200 poppies in real life then to even recieve a free on Habbo.

Boxiel
05-11-2008, 07:58 AM
i arnt being tight but habbo are REALLY greedy, there whole lives are built on money, they DONT donate anything because they need all the money to make there offices and pay the staff, if u ask me habbo has gone downhill and is just for the money!

Sulake are a company.. if they didn't make money... guess what? I'll let you do the rest shall I?

http://www.habbo.co.uk/groups/RemembranceDay

!!!!!!DONATION NEWS!!!!!!
In 2007 we donated a proportion of money to the Royal British Legion from the sale of poppies. A whopping £100. Well done everyone, that was £100 extra from you guys!
Lets get buying them in 2008 so we can send some more!
Thanks.. I was looking for this for a while, I remember it from last year but never found out how much was donated

Earthquake
05-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Sulake are a company.. if they didn't make money... guess what? I'll let you do the rest shall I?

Thanks.. I was looking for this for a while, I remember it from last year but never found out how much was donated
Exactly, sulake aim yes, to achieve satisfaction from the user, but there not there just for our benefits, they do what they do to actually make money, if they hadn't made money in the first place, buying it for £1Million, they wouldn't have got far.

PriceTags
05-11-2008, 10:09 PM

I know for a fact you love Habbo, Mike. If you didn't pay for your HC, furni and Habbo Home stickers, they won't be able to make their offices or pay the staff. How does a company run itself without offices or staff?

Of course it's just for the money. That's how the world works. Habbo wasn't made by a pair of friendly men for the fun of it - it was made because there was a gap in the market and they had the dollar signs in their eyes. How naive.

Holofoil
05-11-2008, 10:54 PM
They should donate £1 per poppy bought

PriceTags
05-11-2008, 11:30 PM
They should donate £1 per poppy bought

Although it's for charity, and in the grand scheme of things it may not seem like that much, but they'd be making a loss of 80p per poppy, if they did that.

I think that just the proceeds from the poppies is reasonable - the real poppies are at no set price, and most people give about 20-50p. They said they gave £100 last year, meaning they sold about 1000-2000 poppies. The charity are happy for any effort made.

Holofoil
05-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Although it's for charity, and in the grand scheme of things it may not seem like that much, but they'd be making a loss of 80p per poppy, if they did that.

I think that just the proceeds from the poppies is reasonable - the real poppies are at no set price, and most people give about 20-50p. They said they gave £100 last year, meaning they sold about 1000-2000 poppies. The charity are happy for any effort made.

I quite like the idea of them losing money though ;]

Earthquake
06-11-2008, 01:44 AM
I quite like the idea of them losing money though ;]
Lol, good to hear :8

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!