PDA

View Full Version : Watercooling kit..

scottish
03-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Suggest better parts or whatever since i've never used watercooling before and all that..

But yeh i think i'm going to get watercooling in december/january. Don't need posts saying "no point" and whatever.

But yeh i'm thinking of going with the XSPC.

XSPC Delta V3 CPU Waterblock - £35.24
XSPC X20 Universal Delta Chipset Water Block - £21.14
XSPC R120-D
XSPC RS120 - £18.78
(2x) XSPC 12V X20 Compact 400 - £32.89
XPSC 1/2" Barb
XSPC 1/2" ID Clear Hose - £3.51 per metre
Feser One UV Reactive Coolant 1 Litre (Blue) - £8.21
Feser One UV Reactive Cooland 1 Litre (Black/Blue) - £8.21

scottish
03-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Mm, i dont know if i'm going to get the two Pumps and reservoirs or just one, but one = one colour :P

Also don't know whether to get Single, double or triple radiator.

Stephen!
03-11-2008, 11:23 PM
It's just a CPU loop yeah? Single radiator is enough

scottish
03-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Getting a double :P I'm cooling the NB and CPU.

I'll get a triple if i decide to WC the gfx, but atm i'm not going to so :P

Also changing the clear hose and gonna get a coloured one with the halfords distilled water or something rather than dyed colours in the tube.

Stephen!
04-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Just dont get some cheesy looking tubes :P they just make it look like a child's toy. If it was me I would get clear tubing, get some UV dyed fluid and get a UV cathode tube so it glows brightly. Would look awesome. The advantage of clear tubing is that you can check for air bubbles

scottish
04-11-2008, 12:15 AM
From what im aware dye comes out of solution and coats everything in a nasty looking gunk which was why i changed :P

I'm getting XSPC 1/2" Blue/UV Blue high flex hose (3m of it costing 12.3) and 3m of XSPC 7/16" Black tubing which is 8.79 :P

HotelUser
04-11-2008, 02:02 AM
On a side note, Scott, does this mean you're not getting the two monitors:O?

Recursion
04-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Be careful, you need a chemical that will stop algae etc... thats the gunky stuff, not the dyes.

Northbridge and CPU will be fine on one radiator.

One pump and one reservoir will be fine aswell. Ask over at www.overclock.net

scottish
04-11-2008, 01:02 PM
No David, i'm getting the two monitors on thursday then the watercooling in december i think, as i cant be bothered using my debit card i need to use uncles credit card to order, ordering £1200 of stuff in a month tends to make him annoyed at me wasting money :P

I'll be getting double rad so :P

I'll just use the battery top up (distilled) water, as i know someone who has used for a while and had no problems.

Recursion
04-11-2008, 04:28 PM
NEVER Skimp out on the parts when your building a WC loop, EVER. You risk loosing your whole system and loop.

Just because its distilled doesn't mean it can't conduct electricity, as soon as it leaks it will get dust in it which will make it conduct.

scottish
04-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm not 'skimping' out on part? (Whatever skimping means :P) A person suggested i don't use the UV liquid + clear tubes as it causes the dye to come from the solution and causes it to get gunky.

Also, i don't exactly plan on it leaking? o.0 If it did leak either way its a liquid so would probably kill half the stuff anyways? o.0

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!